Ren'Py - Completed - Fantasy Trainer [v1.1] [Kyle Mercury]

1. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

played version 0.8
    chracters r drawn nice, but background can be drawn better. funny story, funny characters and interactions. no bugs found (but not whole code is checked). i hope dev ll bring much more content in future.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

rhev

Much in the vein of the akbur trainer games, which you'd suspect from the name, this game is about training a bunch of women / elves into being your own little sluts.

Now take out pop culture references like alladin or H.P. from an akbur game and change it for archtypical D&D style fantasy and a HEALTHY splash of weeaboo tropes, and that's where you end up.

Honestly? I really like what's going on so far. There's one or two grammatical / spelling issues that I noticed, but for the most part the dialogue is pretty solid, and certainly understandable easily. Mechanically the game plays out like you'd expect. You make choices and raise or lower love and corruption in the (eventual) five women you have in your castle. It's pretty standard in terms of expectations if you've played Akubar trainer games. But that's not a bad thing!

Now it does have a few flaws at this stage (0.45) most notably unfinished artwork and several black screens with no art. But this is quite forgivable as the creator even acknowledges that the art is unfinished and the game is a WIP. The art that is in place is somewhat simple, but absolutely charming, and at times very well done. The alternate (ending_ path with the wood elf for example is VERY well done, and I'd recommend that anyone who plays this game saves their game when given the choice to take her back to your castle or not, then chooses to 'not' take her back, watch the scene, then re-load.

Honestly I think this game is on the path to being a good 5 star game, but it's just not finished, it's not even finished with what is currently in the game. So on that note primarily, I just can't give it higher than 4 stars.

But if you want a very comfortable, familiar feeling, trainer game that gives you some humor along with your lewdness, I'd highly suggest checking this one out.

I know I'll be looking at this one again later in future updates.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.2...

Originally Reviewed on 12/29/2017

Well this one has some humor to it, and it's not as dark as some other corruption/domination games I've seen... But it still has the whole master/slave and/or love thing going on...

The visuals of the characters are 2D hand drawn, but they look pretty good so far... It is early into it's development, so some background drawings in the beginning are rough sketches, but the finished backdrops look good... There is a more comedy look to some of the characters which is befitting of the general theme of this game...

The script looks good with barely any spelling/grammar errors... The plot is a simple one, you need to corrupt, dominate, and/or get the princess to fall in love with the male protagonist... That way he can control the entire kingdom with her by his side... Along the way he runs into other female characters who he can also add to his harem, as it were... There is a bit of farce and comedy to some of the events and story, which makes this sort of a Dark Comedy of sorts... There are stats and money to be concerned with, therefore there is a grind to this game... I'ld have to say of all the grindy games I've played, this one is average... As you get characters Love and Corruption stats up, some interactions change or open up... Not all characters have the same opportunities for equal amounts of both love and corruption... Because the game is still early in development, the list of things to do isn't great, so you will get to a point where nothing else really opens up for the moment, even though you can keep grinding...

Overall, it's a short but funny little jaunt of a game... It has it's dark theme but it also has some light hearted comedy as well... You can choose how you want to play in this version, but not sure what the limitations will be going forward... It's cutesy enough, that I'll probably check back on this one after it's gone through a bit more development, several versions down the line...