Unity Abandoned Fantasy Slavery [Demo] [Freesome]

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Text only

You mean code design or game design? In both cases its ok, I have a plan and expandable architecture. I'm asking only about training balance, how much time it will take to train a slave and make slave obedient.

I didn't try this, I thought you can build on Mac only if you have one. I'll try on Friday but I don't think I will be able to make Mac version.
I always find it best to pretend you are making a table top roleplaying game when coming up with all the details of a game play system... Then when you're done, determine if the chosen engine can handle implementing that system... Once the basic system is in place in-game, then start adding all the basic UI visuals... Once that's done, you can start incorporating scene visuals, animations, pictures, etc... Trying to incorporate everything at once, especially if you're soloing it's development, can be both stressful as well as could lead to more bugs and continuity issues in the long run... Work on one aspect of the game at a time, and once that's done, work on the next step... You may even find it easier to pre-work out a development schedule... You can always adapt it and make changes on the fly, if necessary... Also, write down or record your thoughts and ideas, so you don't forget them and can refer back to them later... If there is a story involved, make a basic story outline from beginning to end, so you have it all pre-planned... You can fill in details as you develop...

Reactions: theraingaid1976

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I always find it best to pretend you are making a table top roleplaying game when coming up with all the details of a game play system... Then when you're done, determine if the chosen engine can handle implementing that system... Once the basic system is in place in-game, then start adding all the basic UI visuals... Once that's done, you can start incorporating scene visuals, animations, pictures, etc... Trying to incorporate everything at once, especially if you're soloing it's development, can be both stressful as well as could lead to more bugs and continuity issues in the long run... Work on one aspect of the game at a time, and once that's done, work on the next step... You may even find it easier to pre-work out a development schedule... You can always adapt it and make changes on the fly, if necessary... Also, write down or record your thoughts and ideas, so you don't forget them and can refer back to them later... If there is a story involved, make a basic story outline from beginning to end, so you have it all pre-planned... You can fill in details as you develop...
No worries, I am professional software developer. I built architecture in the way I can easily expand it. I made a plan some weeks ago and I have prepared iteration to implement new features. In this demo imo I made a major part - training system. For example, in next iteration I will implement saves, price evaluation, slave market, main character stats and job for slaves.

Also I am thinking about mod system so everybody would be able to add custom events and about pinning images to slave so people who would like to use images can turn on them in setting and manually set images to every slave. But this is still a draft, I have to check will it be compatible with other systems.

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
This is probably not posted et the best place, but isn't it easy as 'click' to create a mac unity version ?
Unity won't work with wine and i would have been pleased to try out this demo...
Sorry, can't do this. To create build for iOS I have to have a Mac, just tried to do this.

Reactions: ascaris1

ascaris1

Nov 2, 2017
Sorry, can't do this. To create build for iOS I have to have a Mac, just tried to do this.
If i understand well, you may re-run the unity installer and select the "mac build support" checkbox:

Then it shall just install the checked plugin ...

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If i understand well, you may re-run the unity installer and select the "mac build support" checkbox:

Then it shall just install the checked plugin ...
Yes, I installed plugin but Unity made only a project for Xcode which runs only on Mac.

Bard

May 1, 2017
64bit only? I made this for x86 and x64, so it should be ok with 32bit
well if i start fs.exe - "access denied!"
when i start as admin - its not compatible with the version of Windows i am running (i have 32bit)

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
well if i start fs.exe - "access denied!"
when i start as admin - its not compatible with the version of Windows i am running (i have 32bit)
This is weird. It should not even say about any access. I will try to figure out that's going on.

Feb 21, 2018
Thoughts
if i said this was currently anything other than a waste of time i'd be lying. all you do is look at a screen with text and raise the slaves stats. nothing else. and it's UI isn't even as efficient as it could be. after training you shouldn't have to re select what you are training for...you should be able to train something until they run out of stamina.
perhaps in the future it will improve but as it is now. i don't recommend it.

Freesome

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Thoughts
if i said this was currently anything other than a waste of time i'd be lying. all you do is look at a screen with text and raise the slaves stats. nothing else. and it's UI isn't even as efficient as it could be. after training you shouldn't have to re select what you are training for...you should be able to train something until they run out of stamina.
perhaps in the future it will improve but as it is now. i don't recommend it.
Actually this is exactly what you said. This is just demo scene to test training. Unfortunately, nobody said anything about flaws of the scene, so I would be grateful for your opinion.
  1. Can you please say more about UI?
  2. You can train till stamina will be at minimum but it means problems which will appear in first version. And you have to re select in case you want to train different skill.
  3. Any other flaws?

Feb 21, 2018
Personally i wasn't sure what benefits you got from the various choices only that 1 side would be kind and one would be mean. perhaps more information about how each choice effects the slave would be better.

to be fair,the current design does work. it is just too slow for my preference. needing to
click what you want to train
train
choose a reaction to their effort.
is 3 clicks every time. it's not unreasonable being fair. but for me personally it is a waste of time.

there wasn't much dialog so there were no grammar mistakes. and no glitches that i noticed.