VN Ren'Py Fantasy Dating [Development Thread]

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Fantasy Dating is a VN done in Ren'Py featuring a Futanari Protagonist from her POV. Think of this VN as a cross between games with some specialty fetishes like in Lilith's Throne and TiTS, with a story that is more relationship focused like My New Family and Midlife Crisis. As for the level of "furriness", it stays pretty light if you don't select those options. However, there will be various types of fantasy and alien characters, but they will always skew toward human faces with any fur kept to the extremities. Certain characters have alternate options for their genitalia (except for centaur like characters).

Tagline:
Tired of the surfing through dating apps only to find nothing that tickles your fancy? Sick of the ridiculous bios, altered pics, and cat-fishing? Want something different? Sign up for Fantasy Dating and, if approved, you will be heading on an all-expenses paid trip to the city of Integro. Where a series of arranged dates without the toxicity of today's dating culture awaits you!

Plot Outline:
Having read the above advertisement, the MC applies and heads off to Integro for a "short" vacation. Upon arriving, she realizes that "different" is about to take on a whole new meaning. Meeting a succubus and being transformed into a futanari is only the beginning of her romantic journey into the lives of some of the citizens of Integro. Besides how they look, the people she dates are generally normal. They are open-minded and desire love, affection, and acceptance just like anyone else. However, the laws in Integro are unusual in that they do extend into the bedroom. As the story progresses, the MC and her harem members will have to deal with issues surrounding violations of cultural norms.

Edit 10/30/2020. Some of the notes on tags are now out of date.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Choices:
Every sex scene can be skipped. Most choices available are during sex scenes. I'm not including the option to exclude a character from the harem as that would end up being a huge amount of extra work in rendering and writing. If a player doesn't like a particular character then they can skip over their scenes or just not play this VN.

Outside of preferences, selecting certain options does not lock you out of content. For example, you can pick all the sub and dom options you want without penalty or getting locked of those options in the future. Nor are you forced to select options left enabled. For example, just because you picked yes to a watersports scene with one character, that doesn't mean it automatically selects for the next one. It simply allows the option to show up.

Week 1 Cast:

Note that the following beach images are promotional only, they do not represent a scene in the VN.

I'm shooting for a 500 to 1,000 image range for the first release and be out before the end of the year. I will setup a Patreon page in time for the initial release. So far I've spent $1,280+ in 3d assets and pc parts, and 130+ hours on character creation, scene setup, and writing.

This is my first VN and first time working with Daz 3d. Please feel free to post any constructive comments, suggestions, and questions.

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
I'm about 20 images deep into the rendering but I created this thread as I am looking for feedback before continuing. Basically, I want to know if these images seem to light or dark, zoomed to far out or in, are the camera angles acceptable, body position natural, etc. These images represent some scenes on the first day and are underground (hence the frosted windows). Unlike the initial post, all are in webp format and will be released as such.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Been a busy couple days. Time for an update.

I redid Ehrlynn's intro conversation. Now there are actual shadows cast on her.

I liked how her reworked human form looks. Compare the below picture with the attachment prol13_ang2.jpg from the OP.

View attachment prol13_ang2.webp

I've had to scrap the scene where MC's dick grows overnight. I was using Meipe's Androgyny and for whatever reason it wasn't coming together.

However, I wasn't going to skip over any lewds. So I replaced it with a dream sequence featuring Ehrlynn.

Everything is written and coded out for day 1. With 67 images the first day and night are now complete.

I pulled 20 hours since last post so I'm going to take it easy tomorrow.

One more lewd because I'm nice.

So this update had some ups and downs, but progress is progress!

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Set backs and come backs.

Lots of changes since my last update post.

First I hit a huge snag with the bedroom asset used previously (check 2nd post in this thread). The render times were about 40 minutes, which is not too terrible. However, once I started to render the morning scene where MC discovers her new cock, I hit a major roadblock. By only attaching Futalicious to MC, the render time jumped to 2+ hours which would only increase with an additional character. This being the primary bedroom for MC meant every sex scene taking place in it would be massively slowed down. It was a huge let down for me to drop the few renders I did have because the lighting turned out great.

Second major change was MC's hair. The other one was ill fitting and lower quality than I hoped. Were Fantasy Dating a 3rd person POV VN it wouldn't be as big an issue. But I'm using a lot of shots from behind MC to set the scene and that is where this hair model looked the worst. Took me a while to find another hair asset that was close enough to the original style. In the future I may just let patrons vote on another hair style for MC as I'm not particularly attached to this one.

Actual progress was made as well. This new apartment allows for some seriously quick renders. With no characters present, renders are under 3 minutes, this scene below with Ehrlynn and MC is under 15 minutes.

Alright Alboe, that's neat and all, but where are the lewds? The second day will contain two scenes. The first sets up the player's watersports preference and next week I'll update on the second one.

Since my first post 10 days ago, I've put in another 60+ hours to get to this point. I still have a my other job so I can't work on Fantasy Dating every day.

Expect another update next weekend. Again, any comments, suggestions, or questions on what I've shown so far would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Quality vs Quantity

Since my last post I've been reminded of that age old balancing act. I did some experimenting with increasing the quality of renders during a conversation scene. The results turned out pretty great I must say. This increased render times to 2 hours which initially I stated would be a problem going forward. But for a few renders during certain major moments, I feel it will be worth it to spend a little extra time on them.

Work has begun on the first sex scene on the night of day 2. So far I'm 30 renders deep and I imagine it will be about 100 images or more for this overnight scene. In this scene the player will set their preferences for MC towards females. I'm only 3/4 done with the oral scene so these 2 images below are from that. I'm currently working on MC receiving cunnilingus and a blowjob. There are rough options for players who are into that.

As it stands, Fantasy Dating is at about 175 images with about 60 being lewds for a ratio of 1/3 which is what I was shooting for. After this major sex scene is completed I've been considering releasing a demo. However, I am aware of the amount of games on this site that release with little content so I would like to avoid being one of them. As the first week is one long prologue, I think releasing early may leave players unsatisfied. At first the game will feel like a "fuck-a-thon" VN with no plot. While there is some story, character development, and world building already; Fantasy Dating won't really click until the end of week 1 IMHO.

Regardless, I already planned to release by the the end of year. If week 1 isn't done, then oh well. There should be enough content in 3 months from now to be worthy of player's time.

Reactions: Maleficent

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Only a small update this time. My day job ate a lot of my time this week so I couldn't get as much done. Still plugging away at the first night's sex scene. My previous estimate of 100 images was short by I'm guessing 50 or so.

I'm beginning to understand why a lot of VN's have such short sex scenes. They really are a pain to position the models and keep things consistent throughout the image set. I've already had to make several adjustments from my outline just due to my lack of experience with Daz and the time consumption of setting up for rendering. For example, in trying to set up a vertical cunnilingus scene, MC ended being positioned incorrectly with no way to move her head forward and still look natural. As this was already an optional scene, I changed it to MC pitching analingus instead.

Along with changes, some stuff got cut. I was going to include a slapping preference but had to drop it as I needed to move things along. I'll add that option in a later scene instead. I know it may seem counter intuitive to have so many rough options in a romantic VN, but it will fit the story whether or not the player picks them.

See y'all next week... No I'm not leaving you hanging without some lewds.

Reactions: nln0

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
More reworking.

The oral scene is fully complete (53 images total). Work is still ongoing for the night of day 2. Again, I've had to rearrange some things. MC was going to have a scene where she questions her actions so far (including extra dialogue if the player picked all rough options). This was originally planned to happen after penetrative sex but before sleeping. However, I really couldn't continue working on the same sex scene every day for another week without a break. Starting multiple mornings working on a cumshot scene, or similar, isn't exactly mentally healthy long term.

Though I think it worked out for the better story pacing wise. I'm still in the early phase where the plot is only an outline and major changes to a scene won't mess up the continuity. As a bonus, this allowed me to better focus on the transition back into the first penetration scene. What was going to be a quick "Okay let's move on to fucking" turned into a comedic segue with a "configurable" feeldoe.

Ah yes, if you recall from the OP, I did say MC could opt to be penetrated or not. I know it may be a little unusual for a futanari MC to not use her penis, but I felt it was an important option which will be available throughout Fantasy Dating's sex scenes.

Another 40 hours and the night of day 2 is really only about a third to half done. I'm trying to finish it by the end of September. Despite my earlier post, I believe I will have to release a test demo. There are a TON of variables I'm introducing and I will need feedback to make sure each choice transitions naturally. In addition, I need general feedback on dialogue, setting, character personalities, etc. If I wait until December before releasing anything, I believe I run the risk building on a broken foundation.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Unfortunately, another short update.

This week did not go my way. I barely made the minimum 20 hours per week I set for myself for working on FD. Between my day job and personal life, I didn't have much time. And for the time I did have, over half was eaten by another issue I didn't know I made way back when I designed FD's MC.

While the issue is now corrected, it still feels shitty losing so much time. It needed to be done, because having a messed up looking vagina during sex scenes wasn't going to fly. At one point I was going to give up and write into the script that the skin color difference was because she grew new skin. But I still hated how it looked so my perfectionist tendencies took over.

Anyways, it's late. I'm frustrated. But tomorrow is a new week and I am still trying my damnedest to finish the penetration scene by the end of September. Before I go, I want to show that I at least got something done.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
That lovely word called "progress".

I spent some time fixing up the dialogue and rechecking variables... blah blah blah. The good shit happened in the past couple days. I've been in Daz setting up the penetration scenes non-stop this weekend. I have no images to show at the moment because I'm in the process of rendering a large batch. Barring any further major interruptions, I believe I will be on time for finishing this major scene by the 30th.

I will say that I was a little sidetracked by the addition of another couple scenes. If the player chose not to be penetrated, the entire setup of the previous feeldoe scene felt kind of wasted. There was significant time put into the dialogue and world building aspect. I even added the option to name the dildo, and skipping all that didn't sit right with me. So now there is a brief handjob scene with MC testing out the feeldoe's feedback feature.

The second addition was a very short interlude that will be the introduction to Ehrlynn's dominance options. This was supposed to happen during the penetration scene, but I thought better of it. Plus, it makes things less complicated in an already extremely complicated set of scenes.

The creative process can be very strange. One moment I'm strictly following my plan, then some random idea pops into my head and boom. A whole new scene is born that should open the door for more interesting content in the future. Usually side tracking is perceived as bad, but I don't see how a longer sex scene with more images and choices is a downside in an adult VN. In addition, these deviations from the plan have allowed me to do more world building and character development than I otherwise would have.

In the future, I don't think any of the other sex scenes will be anywhere near this long. I wanted to separate out FD's intro from other VN's. That is why I spent so much time on this particular night. To get an idea of the scope. After the first kiss, I'm currently at over 100 images and by the time it is complete should be near the 200 mark. The emphasis on this night is important since it represents a turning point for the characters and sets in the MC's (and player's) mind that it's okay to explore the highly erotic way of life in this new setting.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Barring any further major interruptions, I believe I will be on time for finishing this major scene by the 30th.
Ha! Of course I would eat these words. But no matter, I was still able to setup everything for the penetration scene except for anal. Once done rendering, I need to code it in to Ren'Py and this ridiculously long sex scene will finally be complete. I think only one more scene involving a flashback to MC's past before falling asleep next to Ehrlynn will be needed before the test release. I'm shooting for releasing said test version on October 30th. "BaRrIng aNy fUrTheR iNteRruPtiOnS."

While I have your attention, I do have some images to show.

Until next week!

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, yeah. I forgot to update last night.

It's done. The first sex scene is finally done! At 200+ images it was far more work than I ever anticipated. I've learned so much since I started working on this scene for the past couple weeks... *checks earlier post* uh... six weeks (wow)?! I honestly don't know if I'll be able to fit in the scene I talked about last update. With the sheer wealth of variables, preference paths, and alternate dialogue yet to work on; I may end up having the test release simply fade to black post orgasm. Not ideal, but it will still make sense story wise.

I'm well aware the progress to this point has been slow. In the future, if I get enough patreon support, I'm aiming for ~50 images a week vs the ~25 I've been creating so far. I would love to be able to churn out ~100 images in a week, but that isn't realistic for the time-being.

Normally, I would post an image or two, but they're still unedited at the moment. Besides, it's just more sex. I know you're here for the story, the drama, and the setting. Surely you're not here only to gawk at 3D rendered characters fuck one another senseless? Alright, alright. I'll fuck off now and get back to work. Later.

EDIT: I checked on my thread and noticed the post didn't go through. I forgot to hit reply like a dumb dumb. Lucky for you that means some images are ready now.

Last edited:

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
So much writing.

Unfortunately, no progress on the post sex scene so this will be a short update post.

I've been balancing the amount of narration, first person description, and general text while writing out the sex scenes. I won't know until I get some feedback if the ratio of text to images is too much or not enough. My aim is to draw the reader in by explaining what the character's are sensing. Again, I won't know if I got it right until releasing FD publicly.

I will be forgoing showing more images until release as I'm sure anyone who's read this thread is aware of what this VN will be.

Have a good night.

Alboe Interactive

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2020
More boring stuff to report.

I finally finished coding up the sex scene and began on the scene right after. So lots of cleaning up variables, checking image transitions loops were in the right order, clarifying dialogue, adding notes, etc. I must add that the final penetration scene has no alternate dialogue or rough options. Which is in stark contrast to the earlier scenes, but focusing on the romantic side I think tied everything together nicely.

I also gave the intro an overhaul. You know, all the "are you older than 18?" legal boilerplate. This included the implementation of the un-censor option. Obviously, doesn't affect anything yet, but it will be needed later on. Other than that, I've been combing through the dialogue for spelling, grammar, and clarity. Outside of probably mixing up every "its" and "it's", the text should be good to go.

At this moment, the test release is ready. This upcoming week I will try to get the post sex scene complete to provide a better ending than cumming, a little dialogue, and fading to black. Like I said before, may pan out, may not. Either way, the release is happening next Friday and I'm excited to show you all.