2.70 star(s) 11 Votes

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Hey GoldenD, any progress with your modified version of the game?
Holà,

i think, think, think. Don't know what i'll decide following the big non sense of story.
Maybe i'll have to stop implementing events and offer a version in actual state.
The reason of my reflexion is that i would have a clean pattern of Qsp Coding for trying to migrate some good rpg games (or others) in Qsp Games with babes i like.
But stop to speak my friend, don't know what i'll do. Today, i continue to re-read my walkie, checking code and events.

But nothing else to say to you, so sorry for low progress.

But the more important, a wonderful last 2019 day for alls...

Last edited:

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys,
well, how to say !!
2 months ago, i loose 15 days of coding, nothing serious, just work : it was Qsp "ide" fault because some bugs i thought i'd tamed. And it was my own fault because no saves, no security.
So it was an opportunity to do the rights things. One month ago, i began to learn python and renpy and till this morning, it was a real pleasure. I re-wrote the game in renpy and the ui was very cool.
I used tortoise svn for save and version my work and it was cool. I don't give you all the details but this morning before shopping, i launched a chkdsk and it was the worst idea i had. 2 To of code, tools, games...loosed.
I was angry but not worried because of svn, and i thought i just loosed one week of renpy work.
But suddendly, i realize i loosed all my qsp job, all the rewrite of family life and then now, i'm mad.
Actually i wait after EaseUs Data Recovery but i'm the last and I don’t have much hope.

That's all for now and maybe for always.

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
2 hours EaseUs works. 0 files recovered for now, 7 more hours of analysis for a 3To HDD.
But before chkdsk it was only 200gb free, now it's 2.5 To ? No much hope.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up, I had no idea it could happen. Sorry. Good luck, I know I have felt destroyed over lost work before and redoing it felt like commiting further destruction.

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Hola,
bad night. Soon, so soon, nothing good with recovery soft. Just try to stay calm. Nothing to loose.
I disconnect my external hdd, and why not i reconnect. Nothing to loose.
I launch Total Commander my old companion, a last time to look the disaster...
And what ! I see my files and folders. I don't believe it !
Ok, i navigate, it's not perfect, some files are loose but I can temporarily access files.
Another HDD, i launch a copy.
I have to wait.

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Ok, one day to clean all my hdd (7 !!!!)
And to program backups. I recovered my QSP sources of family life, and loosed only some files on the new renpy version.
The last backup is underway and will close soon. Maybe one rest day and after, we'll continue this adventure !!!

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Hõla,
:love:
and of course you understood that I choose to do a Renpy version !
Coding isn't the more difficult, i can use "easyly" the qsp code. But pictures need a lot of work to recover some, change others because of format. I need all pictures > 1920*1080 for a good design. Work.
Soon, screenshoots but i know, it'snt screenshoots you wait... Be patient.....

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I am not sure if I understand your point, recovering the pictures should be the least of the problems because of the downloads being available here.

Reactions: GoldenD

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
I am not sure if I understand your point, recovering the pictures should be the least of the problems because of the downloads being available here.
Like I said, the old version comes with random image sizes as well as very medium video qualities like gifs and this is not my conception of development. In addition my code logic involves the renaming and reorganization of photos which allows a much shorter and more portable code for future projects.
Finally and this is the consequence, I hope to deliver a code pattern that can be used for others.
Unfortunately, we are not there yet.

Reactions: hakulaku97

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Ah I see, yeah I agree, it was a bit all over the place, plus the video file size were bloated, while a webm conversion would have been fine.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I can't code for the life of me, but converting a lot files, wether is video to webm or resizing images I can, maybe I can help you by doing a part of it.

Reactions: GoldenD

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
I can't code for the life of me, but converting a lot files, wether is video to webm or resizing images I can, maybe I can help you by doing a part of it.
Thanks a lot.
For now, i just search some pictures for some scenes to debug and to be sure all is right. When I would have moved on code, there will be a lot of batch processing work to be done on the images and maybe I’ll remember your offer ;)

Do you know if it's possible to gain in quality converting gifs to webm (for me no but i'm not an expert) ?
And a second point is to choose the height of the video (890).

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Thanks a lot.
For now, i just search some pictures for some scenes to debug and to be sure all is right. When I would have moved on code, there will be a lot of batch processing work to be done on the images and maybe I’ll remember your offer ;)

Do you know if it's possible to gain in quality converting gifs to webm (for me no but i'm not an expert) ?
And a second point is to choose the height of the video (890).
What I use is this

Which lets you convert and customize things, so you can change the height among other things.

In terms of quality, well a webm would be smaller and look better than a GIF, but of course you need the original high quality source, converting the GIF will let you adjust size and get a smaller file but the quality will remain the same.

GoldenD

Sep 30, 2018
Ok, That’s what I thought about quality. I'll see if i'll search high quality gifs or replace by cutting hd movies with VirtualDub2.
For pictures, there are a few sets i didn't find so i resize them with photoshop, it seems to do the trick.

2.70 star(s) 11 Votes