Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
No I'm using the official game but with joiplay not android port
I downloaded the crunch version of the game from this page and I'm trying to run it with joiplay I do this with big size games and it always work
The game works on Windows PC's without an error. None of the Windows users have reported such an error.

You are trying to run the Windows version of the game on a system that is not Windows, using an emulator that is not officially supported and you are unable to run it, getting an error message about not being able to compile a Python block in the animations.rpy script file...

Guess where the problem is. :rolleyes:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
No I'm using the official game but with joiplay not android port
I downloaded the crunch version of the game from this page and I'm trying to run it with joiplay I do this with big size games and it always work
"Crunch version" as in a build someone other than me has compressed? That falls into the "build not produced by me" category, and can't be called "the official game." To be frank, I can't even guarantee that the links on the OP are "the official game," since I don't know what an "uploader" here might have done to them. (Not accusing anyone of anything, but you have to understand that any downloads you get from a pirate site are, by definitely, somewhat suspect.)

Bottom line - the only "official" games are the ones that are downloaded using the links on my SubscribeStar page, since those are the only links that I control. Those are the ones that I support and debug for people as required.

"JoiPlay"? That falls into the "unsupported environment" category, since I only produce builds compatible with Windows, Mac and Android.

"it always work"? Well, apparently not in this case.

I have no idea whether the fault is in the build (sometimes the way that people compress games can, in fact, break them), or in the environment or the combination of the two, but I regret that I'm not going to investigate this further, since I don't have the time or energy to set up and test non-standard environments, nor to debug issues with builds that have been altered by a third party.

Please understand that I don't mean to be arrogant or flippant, but I suspect most of the people here (and definitely most of the people who support me on Patreon and SubscribeStar) would rather I spend my time pushing forward on development rather than chasing fringe issues such as this. In this respect, I'm no different than a developer who says, "well, if you installed a third-party patch in my game, I can't be held responsible it breaking."

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Any news about the release of the upcoming update?
it's still early.... the last update was less than a month ago
To oktabitt - per item #3 in the FAQ on the OP, you've opened yourself up to being "mocked mercilessly." I won't, but I can't guarantee others won't.

To mrMarko - Well, actually, the last release of the main game (this thread) was in August, so it has been a while. I did do a release of Scenes That Didn't Happen right at the end of October, but things have definitely gotten stretched out here.

To everybody - I regret the fact that my releases get so spaced out. I wish I had the ability to work on both of them full time, but this is a "nights and weekends when 'real life' doesn't interfere" thing for me, and, of late, "real life" has been interfering regularly.

Patience.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
To oktabitt - per item #3 in the FAQ on the OP, you've opened yourself up to being "mocked mercilessly." I won't, but I can't guarantee others won't.

To mrMarko - Well, actually, the last release of the main game (this thread) was in August, so it has been a while. I did do a release of Scenes That Didn't Happen right at the end of October, but things have definitely gotten stretched out here.

To everybody - I regret the fact that my releases get so spaced out. I wish I had the ability to work on both of them full time, but this is a "nights and weekends when 'real life' doesn't interfere" thing for me, and, of late, "real life" has been interfering regularly.

Patience.
At least you unlike many other devs on here communicate with the people who follow your game. You take time out of your day for people undeserving (in my view) of help because they cause their own problems a lot of the time. I for one very much appreciate all your hard work and will continue to do so.

mahmouedsamy

Feb 16, 2018
The game works on Windows PC's without an error. None of the Windows users have reported such an error.

You are trying to run the Windows version of the game on a system that is not Windows, using an emulator that is not officially supported and you are unable to run it, getting an error message about not being able to compile a Python block in the animations.rpy script file...

Guess where the problem is. :rolleyes:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
At least you unlike many other devs on here communicate with the people who follow your game.
Thank you! I've met a ton of great people here on F95, and many of the conversations that I've had here have helped improve my skills, game plots, etc. In fact, I wouldn't have embarked on FF&S if it weren't for this site and some of the people here. So, I get as much out of the interactions as some of you (hopefully) do. Oh, yes, it does mean that you have to weather the storm of the occasional... let's call them "critics." But the good outweighs the bad.

You take time out of your day for people undeserving (in my view) of help because they cause their own problems a lot of the time.
I don't consider anyone completely undeserving. Yes, if they've caused their own problem, there may not be much I can do, but I never rule out the possibility that the fault was mine. I've been programming since the early 1970's (yes, I'm a dinosaur) so I have a healthy respect for my own ability to code bugs. :D

I for one very much appreciate all your hard work and will continue to do so.
Again, thank you.

Panos24

Oct 1, 2020
We are waiting with anticipation and interest for the top game of its kind We are waiting with anticipation and interest for the top game of its kind

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
We are waiting with anticipation and interest for the top game of its kind We are waiting with anticipation and interest for the top game of its kind
Thank you! Great compliment!

Reactions: Panos24

Jul 30, 2020
Guys how much content game got since the working with cops ? Last time i played you had to blackmail a teacher and work with cops and go for your friend's mom, or your gf would sell her nude pic (That's what i remember). how many hours we have gameplay after that ? Worth replaying ?

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes