False positive?

Florent75

Jun 13, 2020
Hello,
lately I learned about the existence of "False positive", in particular on Virus Total.
Using your help, I will want to know if this is a "false positive", knowing that the file is called "TrojanMalware", so I have a very big doubt.
Thank you in advance!

1623755366623.png

It belongs to the game "Liz The Tower and the Grimoire" by Clymenia, "Game.exe".

1623755448419.png

Thanks!

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
If only 3 out of 68 vendors are detecting it it's most likely a false positive.

Florent75

Jun 13, 2020
I said to myself the same choice, but I would like to know why the file is called "Trojan Malware", it is not a harmless file?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I said to myself the same choice, but I would like to know why the file is called "Trojan Malware", it is not a harmless file?
"Trojan malware" isn't an actual file, it's just a type of virus that's being detected within one of the files. Based on it's almost certain to be a false positive. Essentially, a couple of the virus scanners from that site found code that it didn't understand and so decided that it was a virus.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Don't worry, that file is totally legit. It's the default launcher included in most games developed with RPG Maker VX Ace.
I have inspected the EXEs from Nymphomania Priestess, Gran Ende II and Henteria I and they are absolutely identical to the one you have uploaded on VirusTotal (they even share the same ID):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

D_Morius

Oct 15, 2022
Boy, oh boy. You should fix this! (Is it fixed already? Imma noob).
I KNOW that the biggies don't want us pirating things, so these false positives make sense. But it's scary and I think this info need to be fixed and weel explained.
"Trojan malware" isn't an actual file, it's just a type of virus that's being detected within one of the files. Based on it's almost certain to be a false positive. Essentially, a couple of the virus scanners from that site found code that it didn't understand and so decided that it was a virus.
This info is great, thanks!

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Boy, oh boy. You should fix this! (Is it fixed already? Imma noob).
I KNOW that the biggies don't want us pirating things, so these false positives make sense. But it's scary and I think this info need to be fixed and weel explained.

This info is great, thanks!
That has nothing to do with any devs not wanting piracy, its that certain virus scanners can't comprehend it so they throw out a virus warning. That can happen with literally every single program wether its bought or not doesn't matter at all.

D_Morius

Oct 15, 2022
Consider me shut up.
Edit: Ok, bad day right here. My answer was too brash and dumb. But your wasn't the best bum on your basket too, I'm sure.

Maybe it has nothing to do, and it's indeed a fact that bad reading can happen. But I truly don't know if you are right in the statement that this haven othing to do with the devs.

I tried to download pictures - that should come on .zip, about 10 times. I received .exes - executables. Odds are that this is no false positive. So this is really a problem.

Last edited:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
If it's a virus and you've already downloaded it, it may be too late. It could be infecting your computer as we speak. The best method to stop this is, if you are using a Windows computer, go into your C: directory and then into windows and find a folder called system32. Most computers now use 64 bit rather than 32 bit and because of this, and because viruses can only act upon 32 bit files, it is necessary and safe to delete this folder, which will make any virus you have unable to harm your computer.

D_Morius

Oct 15, 2022
Ok, bunch of jerks here. I'm out.
If it's a virus and you've already downloaded it, it may be too late. It could be infecting your computer as we speak. The best method to stop this is, if you are using a Windows computer, go into your C: directory and then into windows and find a folder called system32. Most computers now use 64 bit rather than 32 bit and because of this, and because viruses can only act upon 32 bit files, it is necessary and safe to delete this folder, which will make any virus you have unable to harm your computer.
Reported you on the ground of inapropiate behaviour. I'll stay untill see you punished or receiving an apology.

D_Morius

Oct 15, 2022
You have no standing to do that.
Don't I? Funny thing I just did and SWAT didn't busted my door! I think I HAVE Standing to do that. If I didn't knew better, and followed your instructions, I would be fucked. And so childish, don't you think? This joke iz a walking dead that you just ressurected from the olden days that you miss so much. Good old days where you could bully anyone.
Mods, please prove me wrong and do some justice. I just suggested a course of action that I think will help the community. You may ban me, that's ok. But I'm happy with just an apology from the offender. If you are going to block this thread, consider fixing a warning about the false positives. AnimeKing314 info was of great help!
Eoin , F95

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Don't I? Funny thing I just did and SWAT didn't busted my door! I think I HAVE Standing to do that. If I didn't knew better, and followed your instructions, I would be fucked. And so childish, don't you think? This joke iz a walking dead that you just ressurected from the olden days that you miss so much. Good old days where you could bully anyone.
Mods, please prove me wrong and do some justice. I just suggested a course of action that I think will help the community. You may ban me, that's ok. But I'm happy with just an apology from the offender. If you are going to block this thread, consider fixing a warning about the false positives. AnimeKing314 info was of great help!
Eoin , F95
What you on about bruv?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
No worries, we were all new once.
*put on his "I'm a wise elder" clothes*

Precisely, we were all new once, whatever to what this "new" apply. And newbs, there's a lot of them on this part of the forum. It's where most of those who know nothing come when they face a problem ; sometimes they don't even know that they should ask somewhere else.
What would have you done in their place, knowing near to nothing to those magical boxes named "computer", when seeing someone with shiny badges give what seem to be a solution to your problem ?

I'm not complaining, and will even less press the other r-button, it would be hypocritical. But I really think that some kind of warning, not too obvious, would have been better. Most of those who would follow what was wrote, would also not have a single clue how to fix the new issue ; and now no way to ask for help.

*quickly remove those uncomfortable clothes*

And please, don't force me to wear them again, they make me feel old and even more grumpy that I'm already.

Reactions: D_Morius