• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Fairwood Retreat 87 [v0.2 Ch.1] [Sakura Blossom Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Levitation

Jan 30, 2024
Evening there. Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread, for leaving a comment, as well as trying out the game as that means a lot. :)

At first it took me some figuring out to do, but is pretty simple and quick to do, so have put a very step by step process for you below. :cool:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: SakuraBlossomGames

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
___Development SITREP 11:__

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Available for free viewing to all on Patreon, Itch.io & the Dev Discord server:

Have a lovely week all. :cool:

Last edited:

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Sold! I'm a huge fan of slashers from the 80s and 90s, and this has all the right vibes. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Thank you for visiting this thread and for your lovely comment. Am glad to see a fellow horror slasher fan. I look forward to seeing what you think at a later date in later chapters.

Optionally you can keep up to date with updates and teasers primarily via the Discord server, or Patreon/itch.io, where periodically posts (including public ones) are/will be made.

Have a lovely weekend and bless be:):love:

Reactions: jufot

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Interesting mix of ganres.

But i'm not sure how to push the story forward... without too much damage. :)

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
FAIRWOOD RETREAT 87 CHAPTER 1 (0.2) *SHORT* FEEDBACK SURVEY

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU'VE PLAYED CHAPTER 1 (0.2), BEFORE doing this survey. If you've only played the Prologue last year, that is (0.1).

Happy May everyone! I hope that everyone is having a lovely year so far. We're almost at the half way point of this year, so time is flying on by!

As intended after this second release, which contains Chapter 1 0.2, and a remaster of the visuals for prologue, I planned to do a little survey to gauge what you the audience thought of it.

I would greatly appreciate if you all could take a few minutes of your time to complete the ten simple questions that covers this latest release of Fairwood Retreat 87.

This survey is confidential

Much appreciation and thank you again for all of your support!

Bless be, stay safe all!

Last edited:

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
seems we need to play the update before we can do the survey
Hello there! That is correct. This 10 question survey is based of the second release (0.2) Chapter 1. I intend likely to do a survey after each chapters release, including one at the end for the entire finished game. If you've only played the prologue (0.1), then please disregard the survey, until you've played 0.2.

Those who want to wait further chapters before they try/play more of the game, can then do the relevant survey that would come out in due course after that release. :)

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Yes, please make sure you finish Chapter 1 before doing the poll.
thought that i had played the game
but i didn't so can't answer some of the questions
like this 1
*3.Did You Notice An Improvement In The Prologue Remaster?

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
thought that i had played the game
but i didn't so can't answer some of the questions
like this 1
*3.Did You Notice An Improvement In The Prologue Remaster?
Hey there! Should you wish to try the 0.1 (to compare the visuals, between 0.1 and 0.2) the 0.1 release is still available on the itch.io page alongside the 0.2.

1714998678921.png

Reactions: vimmers

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
At this pace of updates, the next update will probably be next year :(
Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread. And for voicing your opinion. The update(s) will be out when they're ready. For those that have been watching my development via the Discord server (where all update posts have always been posted), I did make it clear regarding my circumstances on why it took a year after the prologue for Chapter 1 to come out. Also, bare in mind that it takes a lot more to develop any game than one can imagine, unless they're making one themselves.

Firstly .. several months were spent using only a CPU to render. At the time I didn't have a nvid GPU, but an AMD (cannot be read by DAZ). I have my own life and as such a single render would take two hours to render previously. After many months of snail progress I got a new GPU, which required me to spend a few months redoing hundreds of renders. Then I had personal life circumstances, which I highlighted here and went into more depth about on Discord on why I had to take a break from development for over a month. Then there is the case of writing, coding, proof reading, editing and testing (a small group of people in their own free spare time to proof read and test whom I trust and value their contribution and hard work dearly). I am a one person team. I am not a AAA game development studio, nor had experience doing any of this before hand.

Sadly many do not realise how much work it takes devs to create a game. Those on F95, get access to games for free. It is a piracy site after all. Those that have/do and will support me in the future I am greatly thankful to as they're helping me be able to continue development with this game. I am only human and am not an AI-generated machine, which can spew stuff out within a couple of hours. If the audience want a very poor quality game, with a poor story, script, visuals, music, interface etc, etc, then yes I can throw updates out a lot quicker, but then the public would trash me for releasing a "rubbish game" in their opinion, (and i'd get the blame for it, despite a small minority demanding it), then I'd never get anywhere as a developer. If I release a poor product then no one would want to play the game, support the development, or consider supporting me, especially if any of my work manages to make it onto a commercial platform in the future.

As I told others politely on some of my first posts here... if you want more content, then please wait until the future when more chapters are out; otherwise, there are plenty of other games out there for you to dig your teeth into.

Kind regards, and happy gaming. :)

Last edited:

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread. And for voicing your opinion. The update(s) will be out when they're ready. For those that have been watching my development via the Discord server (where all update posts have always been posted), I did make it clear regarding my circumstances on why it took a year after the prologue for Chapter 1 to come out. Also, bare in mind that it takes a lot more to develop any game than one can imagine, unless they're making one themselves.

Firstly .. several months were spent using only a CPU to render. At the time I didn't have a nvid GPU, but an AMD (cannot be read by DAZ). I have my own life and as such a single render would take two hours to render previously. After many months of snail progress I got a new GPU, which required me to spend a few months redoing hundreds of renders. Then I had personal life circumstances, which I highlighted here and went into more depth about on Discord on why I had to take a break from development for over a month. Then there is the case of writing, coding, proof reading, editing and testing (a small group of people in their own free spare time to proof read and test whom I trust and value their contribution and hard work dearly). I am a one person team. I am not a AAA game development studio, nor had experience doing any of this before hand.

Sadly many do not realise how much work it takes devs to create a game. Those on F95, get access to games for free. It is a piracy site after all. Those that have/do and will support me in the future I am greatly thankful to as they're helping me be able to continue development with this game. I am only human and am not an AI-generated machine, which can spew stuff out within a couple of hours. If the audience want a very poor quality game, with a poor story, script, visuals, music, interface etc, etc, then yes I can throw updates out a lot quicker, but then the public would trash me for releasing a "rubbish game" in their opinion, (and i'd get the blame for it, despite a small minority demanding it), then I'd never get anywhere as a developer. If I release a poor product then no one would want to play the game, support the development, or consider supporting me, especially if any of my work manages to make it onto a commercial platform in the future.

As I told others politely on some of my first posts here... if you want more content, then please wait until the future when more chapters are out; otherwise, there are plenty of other games out there for you to dig your teeth into.

Kind regards, and happy gaming. :)
Thank you for such a detailed answer. I liked your game and became your subscriber (sorry, only the lower tier). I'm glad to hear that you have a new GPU, this is really important, and I hope the development of the game will go smoother. "There are plenty of other games out there for you", but unfortunately there are very few games that are interesting for my weird taste :(

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Thank you for such a detailed answer. I liked your game and became your subscriber (sorry, only the lower tier). I'm glad to hear that you have a new GPU, this is really important, and I hope the development of the game will go smoother. "There are plenty of other games out there for you", but unfortunately there are very few games that are interesting for my weird taste :(
Thank you for becoming a donor! It is greatly appreciated. Regardless, of what tier you and others may choose it is greatly appreciated. Every little helps! :)

As linked on my Patreon, Itch.io, Discord, Twitter and on here few comments up, if you've finished Chapter 1, then feel free to consider participating in this ten question tick and select survey, regarding the last release.

Last edited:
Reactions: sagerock820

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
(0.2) Chapter 1 SURVEY RESULTS FEEDBACK & another new character teaser can be found in the post on the Discord server, Itch & on Patreon for the public to see for free. Thank you to everyone who has participated in the survey so far. (Polls still open)

(In the teaser channel)

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote