"Failed to load" error preventing further progression

am7919

Jul 11, 2018
So I just recently got this game but every single time after winning the first fight/encounter (literal beginning of the game) this error will pop up and prevent me from progressing any further. I already contacted the developer but he hasn't gotten back to me yet or has forgotten. As you can see the error says it failed to load this specific audio file but of course on the left its right where it should be. I'm not an expert when it comes to resolving issues like this so in the case the developer doesn't get back to me any help would be appreciated.
Error Pic.png

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Rename the file as Homicida Paradógico.ogg
That isn't the only file with the wrong name. In the same folder there is also InterpretaciΓn de u.... The 'Γ' should be replaced with an 'ó'. Probably there are even more files like that in the pictures folder.
My guess is that, when you have extracted the archive, the file encoding wasn't correct. What software did you use? Settings?

am7919

Jul 11, 2018
So, the first time I extracted it I used Winrar and then used 7-Zip afterwards for further attempts. And I believe I have all settings set to default as I have never tinkered with them. That's because I've never had an issue like this before, first time having to deal with this.

am7919

Jul 11, 2018
Rename the file as Homicida Paradógico.ogg
That isn't the only file with the wrong name. In the same folder there is also InterpretaciΓn de u.... The 'Γ' should be replaced with an 'ó'. Probably there are even more files like that in the pictures folder.
My guess is that, when you have extracted the archive, the file encoding wasn't correct. What software did you use? Settings?
I don't know if this is important or not but I don't have the language pack for Spanish installed either.

am7919

Jul 11, 2018
I don't know if this is important or not but I don't have the language pack for Spanish installed either.
Whatever the case, that did indeed resolve the issue. I can actually advance passed the first door lol. I really appreciate the help man!

Reactions: scrumbles

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Same, that's the first time I see a game crashing because of a filename in Spanish. This usually happens with Japanese games.
Maybe you can try this: use Winrar again, but before extracting the game press CTRL+E, select one of these languages: 65001, 1252 or 850 and see if the filenames are correct with one of them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tutorial (it's for Japanese games, but the solution is similar): https://f95zone.to/threads/extract-zip-files-with-jap-encoding.68161/