Seeking F95zone games on Linux

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
sorry for the delayed answer, i've been quite busy
my current wine version is 2.0.2, when attempting to force opengl it crased due to a failed DLL initialization due to trying to load in into an incorrect memory location

fsck

Aug 3, 2017
Yeah, 2.0.2 is really old. I'm currently using 3.3

What distro are you using? If the latest version of wine is not available in your package manager, you can use playonlinux to get the most recent version.

Regarding the opengl crash, the workaround for this used to be, you had to get wine version 1.7.48-WGL-ShareList from playonlinux and then use that version to start the game with wine BigBrother.exe -force-opengl. But, I think around wine version 2.21 or later, BB works out of the box, no workarounds required.

rocker1440

Nov 17, 2017
Hey, completely new to Linux here, can anyone help run rpgm,renpy games on wine. The rpgm games give some kind of memory error and there is no response at all from the renpy one's. I have the arch distribution if it's related to anything.

Edit: The following is the backtrace when I ran a rpgm game from the site.

lockenohr

Oct 16, 2017
Is there a way to play Town of Passion on linux?
No, Town of Passion uses RPG Maker MV. RPG Maker MV can generally be easily be played in a web browser but Town of Passion uses an extension to RPG Maker which only runs on Windows & OS X. Last time I tried , the game errored out after any attempt at leaving a room. Though I tried it a long time ago, so YMMV (considering the fast pace of wine development). You can use the instructions I have written for RPG Maker MV on the previous page to try it out yourself.:)

Reactions: Cirro84