Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Thanks. Do you have a link to the new build? For some reason I can't find it on GitHub.
When you're on the Github mainpage for the checker, click Actions in the top menu.
Then click on the latest build with a green checkmark in front, On the page that opens, scroll down to where it says "Artifacts" and click the OS you're on.
If you haven't run any of the later beta builds, you might be in for a suprise.
And indeed as WhiteVanDaycare said. there's been 'some' changes in how the tickmarks for 'Installed' and 'Finished' (formerlay 'Last Played') behave.
This has been discussed before in this thread and is also mentioned in the FAQ on Github
But if you're on 11.0 build 1166, than you already have the latest beta

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
When you're on the Github mainpage for the checker, click Actions in the top menu.
Then click on the latest build with a green checkmark in front, On the page that opens, scroll down to where it says "Artifacts" and click the OS you're on.
If you haven't run any of the later beta builds, you might be in for a suprise.
And indeed as WhiteVanDaycare said. there's been 'some' changes in how the tickmarks for 'Installed' and 'Finished' (formerlay 'Last Played') behave.
This has been discussed before in this thread and is also mentioned in the FAQ on Github
But if you're on 11.0 build 1166, than you already have the latest beta
Then I will need to wait before the change you posted here comes out to play.
It is now 'soft' checked when you change the installed check.
That explains why I haven't found it. Thanks.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks. Do you have a link to the new build? For some reason I can't find it on GitHub.
They mean that this is intended behavior. When an update comes, it marks the "installed" checkbox as soft checked, because an update is available. The played checkbox is fully checked still, because you fully played the version currently installed. If you tick the installed checkbox again, indicating the updated version is now installed, it means that you haven't finished playing the version that is now installed, so only then the "finished" checkbox will be soft checked

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
They mean that this is intended behavior. When an update comes, it marks the "installed" checkbox as soft checked, because an update is available. The played checkbox is fully checked still, because you fully played the version currently installed. If you tick the installed checkbox again, indicating the updated version is now installed, it means that you haven't finished playing the version that is now installed, so only then the "finished" checkbox will be soft checked
Thanks a bunch for your response. That was the little bitty thing that made it all click.

Now I remember a few posts that talked about it before. But it has been a while.

Reactions: WillyJL

spamblah

Dec 12, 2017
Not sure if this has been said, but can we change the behavior to not hang up if it cant download the background image, and just give it a 404 not found default image or something? maybe instead mark it for a full recheck next time? It seems the image server is down and it prevents any updates from being grabbed via the app.

Thanks for this awesome tool!

Reactions: WhiteVanDaycare
Apr 10, 2019
This 'little script' is amazing. It's saved me so much time and I'm impressed by not only how well it runs but also by how pretty it is! Sometimes I open it just to play around with the interface.

You've done really well building it and making it available, thank you ❤❤

Reactions: spamblah and Jarulf

fanzonz

Jan 20, 2018
Just tried this tool on linux, it opens properly but I when click import watch threads, nothing happens. Any solution?

iLHacks

Jun 8, 2022
Every time I refresh and every so often I get a notification that says I have 1 unread alert, and every time I attempt to view it it seems to do nothing, as nothing happens or changes, so how do I view “unread alerts”? Also the thread button doesn’t seem to do anything either.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Every time I refresh and every so often I get a notification that says I have 1 unread alert, and every time I attempt to view it it seems to do nothing, as nothing happens or changes, so how do I view “unread alerts”? Also the thread button doesn’t seem to do anything either.
It's opening in your browser window. Maybe you misconfigured your browser settings for f95checker

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I'm suddenly getting an error on startup. Partial result below:
Got more than 8190 bytes (8410) when reading Header value is too long.

I was running an older version, and it WAS working, but as of two days ago I got that error every time I started the program.

I just updated to latest release version (not beta), and it's still happening.

From a thread search I see this error has occurred before, but the answer was "something changed on the website, I'll alert Sam" (or some such).

WillyJL Is this same problem, or a new one?

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
I'm suddenly getting an error on startup. Partial result below:
Got more than 8190 bytes (8410) when reading Header value is too long.

I was running an older version, and it WAS working, but as of two days ago I got that error every time I started the program.

I just updated to latest release version (not beta), and it's still happening.

From a thread search I see this error has occurred before, but the answer was "something changed on the website, I'll alert Sam" (or some such).

WillyJL Is this same problem, or a new one?
looks like authentication error, clear your cookies (there is a button in the sidebar somewhere, i think under "manage")

Reactions: WhiteVanDaycare
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes