README Extracting / uploading your character from Honey Select 1

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
I swear I'm the dumbest mf alive :HideThePain:
So, after finishing the game I was making, I decided to share my characters with everyone.
After googling for some time, it appears that to do so I have to simply share the .png file of the character card.
But how do I also include the necessary mods with it? Like okay, a person downloads my .png file, places it into the /female folder, but then his own installation simply doesn't have the same mods that I'm using!

I tried googling for some sort of tool for full extraction (export). Even asked ChatGPT (lol), motherfucker kept telling me some acronyms that don't even exist like:
"Honey Select Unlimited Card Manager" (HSUCM)
"Honey Select Party Version Toolkit" (HSPT)
"HS2ABMX" (this one exists but doesn't work with HS 1)

So. How do I share my stuff with people?
I'm including 2 png file of Gloria. Can someone with HS1 test if they even work?

charaF_20200425090910256.png charaF_20220912135118314.png

Last edited:
Reactions: chien180

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Simply put, the only way you could do it is to share the cards as the png's, and then also share a folder with the required mods, and have them install the same mods. The cards just won't work properly unless the players have the required mods, so the best you can do here is make it easier for them to find the mods, by either giving them a download for them, or telling them where you got the mods. You can't include the mods themselves in character cards.

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Well fuck...
I have hundreds of mods because I used some sort of super-repack, not installed them 1-by-1 myself, and sharing my whole mod folder is not an option.
I could also launch HSResolver and look at this panel:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Then go search for all needed mods per character. Though some of them are a part of bigger mod-packs themselves...

This is demanding way more work than I'm willing to do, to be honest :HideThePain:

I also saw some people share characters they create, like
You download an archive and there's everything you need in it, like this:

Screenshot_3.jpg

So that's what I was thinking about when I was making this thread. Some sort of tool to help me do this character extraction / export thingy.

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I have hundreds of mods because I used some sort of super-repack, not installed them 1-by-1 myself, and sharing my whole mod folder is not an option.
Unless you created a custom mod or used a very obscure mod that needs to be mentioned you probably shouldn't worry about this.

If you really want to do that focus on the few mods that are essential for the character to stay true, like the hairstyle or glasses maybe, you could just fish those from your abdata folder and put them with the character.

Other than that just share the card really. Users are still able to open them even if they don't have all your mods, the game just removes missing items by default.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Other than that just share the card really. Users are still able to open them even if they don't have all your mods, the game just removes missing items by default.
That's my biggest hope. That people who possibly might have any interest in this, at all, would be able to solve this themselves :HideThePain:

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Unless you created a custom mod or used a very obscure mod that needs to be mentioned you probably shouldn't worry about this.
Oh, another question if you don't mind.
I tried opening card png file with a text editor to see what's there.
There's a big section of character parameters at the bottom of the file like this:

Screenshot_4.jpg

So what I see here is some general body/face proportions, skin colors and such. But no mention of mods.
If people import this card and open it in HSResolver, will it even have the same info that I have on my PC?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If people import this card and open it in HSResolver, will it even have the same info that I have on my PC?
I don't have HS1 to test, but I believe mods have an unique ID and that's often how mod managers keep track of what mods are missing.

If that is the case then only obscure or custom mods would not be detected, but if you want to be safe share a screenshot together with the card like you did in your previous post just so people know the mod names in case it doesn't show up for them or they simply don't want to use mod managers.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Just share the cards, I see you have hsresolve, so the mod data will be stored properly in the Metadata.

edit: it works
20230501113033601.png

Last edited:
  • Wow