Ren'Py Experienced programmer offers his service

Abi

Aug 6, 2017
Hello everybody,
my name is Abi and I want to ask you some questions:

Do you want to start a new game project but are afraid of the whole programming stuff?

Do you already started a game project and have some trouble with your coding or would like to have some help with programming to get more time for creating content (art, writing, game design)?

Do you know somebody who might answer one of the first two questions with "yes"?

Who am I?
I have more than 15 years of professional experience in programming and project management (non-gaming industry). By now I retired from my former job because I was tired of traveling around the whole week. So I have some time now and would like to work a little from home.

What can I do for you?
I could do all programming stuff and additionally some according things as well:
- programming (creating frameworks, regular updates, unique projects, bug fixing, rework of already existing coding)
- code reviews (checking program code for technical and logical bugs)
- creating walkthroughs
- testing updates (alpha/beta)
- first level support to players
- game design consulting

All work from me will be well documented and more than sufficiently tested.

Will you work for free?
No, BUT I am willing to negotiate a fair payment depending on the requested services and the current state of your game. This includes also the possibility to give me a participation on your earnings. There won't be any fixed contract which means payments will become due after delivery. If any of us won't be satisfied with the situation anymore, we will just end the cooperation.

If I arouse your interest please feel free to contact me.

Parsion

Jun 11, 2017
Hi Abi, I'm creating my new game, I'm doing all the art and coding, programming etc... but coding is awful to learn, I enjoy a lot to coding my game, but I would like to do things in Ren'Py that I can't because I don't know how to do this...

I'm an art student, et currently my game is a story set in the house. I made the art and the coding of the introduction, the first scene and the second scene. And between the first and second scene, I would like to let the player explore the house, like Summertime Saga, Big Brother, the Twist etc... I'm talking about gameplay, explore the house like a point & click you know what I mean ?

I'm learning by my self the coding and everything but i would like to go faster. I'm so frustrated but I want to learn too.

I would like to focus on art, story, dialogues, game design and learning in coding too.

In one month, after christmas, I will have a company internship, that means no homeworks during two months and plenty of free time (because I will do only 25 hours of internship each week)

I don't have money for now, but I really like working on it and I already plan to release a decent demo and to beginning updating the game each month on patreon. If you are interested, we can chat by email of skype or facebook, because I don't want to talk about this too much here.

And if the project enjoy you enough, we can go on it together. What do you think ?