VN - Others - Completed - Euphoria [Final] [Clock Up]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Duke Greene

Euphoria is a title rather confused about itself, about what it wants to be. At first it presents itself as something of a psychological horror VN tinged with rape/violence fetishism but midway it evolves into a mystery title, and then into an action-packed love story. The end result, while entertaining and even gripping at times, crumbles a little bit upon replay or closer examination because it tosses away a few plots threads during the journey.

Pros:
    - Main characters Nemu and Kanae are interesting and much more than they initially appear and boast very good performance by Ringo Aoba and Himari respectively.
    - Really tense moments and surprising twists.
    - H scenes are really well-made for the fans of darker content.

Cons:
    - Amount of twists is a bit excessive, resulting in a couple plot holes and simply forgotten themes.
    - The routes of the secondary characters (except Rinne's) are unnecessary and serve as appetizers at best. Rika's is especially worthless and could have been cut outright.
    - Inconsistent protagonist whose personality is whatever the plot dictates to be.

It's still definitely worth playing if you like darker sexual content but if you understand Japanese you'd be better served with something like Gore Screaming Show instead.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

soniaabsolute

Excellent game that some might dismiss for it's extreme content, but do yourself a favor and make it all the way to the true and "normal" endings. This isn't a game for everyone, and getting it to run at the right resolution while full-screen can be a chore (I set my display to 1600x1200 and put my monitor in full-screen mode)--but it's a very worthwhile game all the same. This game has a story that puts almost all adult games to shame.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Downhilldown

What to say about this game? I am sorry for not playing it much much before.....It's a rollercoaaster of feelings and thoughts. I swear i spent few nights thinking just about the storyline of this game. Play this game open-minded, the only way to immerse this game properly.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Shardoom

When I first started playing this VN I have to say I was a little put off by the very early graphic tortue scene, putting it away for a little while.

Eventually I came back to it though and decided I would steady my stomache for the hardcore stuff.
    I must say I am very very very glad that I did. The sounds in this game are fantastic at relaying what is going on in the images you are seeing, be that romantic stuff, rapes or brutal violence.
    The visuals are very nice too, in that Japanese Anime VN style. (which I like)

What truly sets this apart from a lot of others though is the feelings the writers make you feel for the characters and events that happen in this VN.
    I went through so many ups and down with regards to my opinions of the characters. The quality of writing and imagination is nothing short of fucking spectacular.

(The true route will blow your mind, and tear at your heartstrings at the same time. As a tip play this one the VERY last, make sure you play the others first Some of the things from the other stories will REALLY start to make sense and make your 'feels' short out if you play the true one last)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

geistmas

Sadist paradise, with some heart tugging moments. Voice acting is great and in Japanese so you wont even have to worry about what they say just the moans and the cries. Options to disable fesses and gore scenes will help the squeemish.