• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Error Code 0xc000007b

Yars1

Jul 11, 2017
SO... I downloaded a game (This game; hXXps://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ267688.html ) that started with an error basically stating I was missing dll MVSCP140 (something like that), scoured the net found the appropriate files and threw them in the SYSWOW64 folder as most of the YuTube videos instructed. Then came my current problem File didn't load properly, error 0xc000007b. So I updated Visual Runtime C++, Microsoft Framework (4.0) and im currently running DirectX 11. I previously had windows 10 but due to an unforeseen incident Im back on 8.1, running a 64bit system which for the most part up to date. Normally I wouldn't care over 1 game but this could pose some issues in the future. Any input would be appreciated... In addition i did Run program as Admin, I did open CMD promt, run a dskchk and reboot and I did run the Compatibility tester, so I'm kinda running outta things to try. Halp 9^9

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
MVSCP140 needs 2015:

Reactions: bas

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Update DirectX or xinput.dll. I've had that before and reinstalling DirectX fixed it.
Edited..
= This should fix those 2 issues.

Yars1

Jul 11, 2017
Describe the new problem, you might be missing other things.
Basically I cant run the game. I Get the error message 0xc000007b and the app closes. Simple as that. Im running Direct X 11 and I have Visual C++ 2015-2019 and Framework 4.0.. If theres anything missing it must be something small...

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Did you download the Visual C++ libraries from microsoft.com, right?
Being the game a 32-bit executable, did you try to play it in compatibility mode?
Japanese locale?
If you launch the game through the console (cmd.exe), what else does it say?
Does the free demo have the same issues?

D

Deleted member 837826

Try installing this update. .
If unsuccessful then try installing non x64 C++ libraries (2015 - 2019) and Net framework 4.7.2 runtime.

Yars1

Jul 11, 2017
Did you download the Visual C++ libraries from microsoft.com, right?
Being the game a 32-bit executable, did you try to play it in compatibility mode?
Japanese locale?
If you launch the game through the console (cmd.exe), what else does it say?
Does the free demo have the same issues?
Yes, Yes, Yes and Not super versed in using Cmd so im having trouble doing that.

Yars1

Jul 11, 2017
Try installing this update. .
If unsuccessful then try installing non x64 C++ libraries (2015 - 2019) and Net framework 4.7.2 runtime.
Im running The most recent Net Framework and by "Non" x64 im assuming you mean either x32 or x86?

Yars1

Jul 11, 2017
If it helps the system 32 and SYSWOW64 folder wont let me add Xinput 9 (I think). Says I dont have permission (Even though im the admin).

D

Deleted member 837826

I meant the x86(32 bit) Vc redistributable.
Just install both x64 and x86 ones.(2010, 2013, 2015 etc)

Use locale emulator.

Check your graphics driver, update or reinstall(use DDU) if necessary.

Run the application through graphics card(amd catalyst, nvidia etc).

Install direct x June 2010 update.

Try copying the missing/required .dll(example - d3dcompiler_47.DLL, etc) files to game directory(where executable is present).

Install rpgmaker mv, ace runtime rtp etc

That is all I know. I am on windows 7, installing Vc redistributable and direct x update, .net framework and windows update(the one I linked) solved this issue for me.

Just check if the above are installed.

Reactions: Coldone

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
I'm trying to play WildLife but every time i get:
ta.PNG
i agree and install -> don't work
i serched and instaled frome net -> still don't work
Can someone help please ?

Midirr

Jan 15, 2018
try to copy these into