VN - Ren'Py - Ephemeral Desires: A Ghostly Seduction [v0.2 Beta] [ArchimedesCompany]

1. 1.00 star(s)

honeybadger6969

The writing is very peculiar, it is almost as if the writer put together a series of bullet points for each scene and then tried to form that into sentences without thinking about how it all flows. This results in characters that seem flat and disconnected from the reader.

Renders are fine if a little oddly proportioned, but it's the characters clothing choices that are completely and utterly immersion breaking - the husband looks to be wearing a victorian-style tailcoat in the opening scene, the wife looks to be wearing a bin-bag and don't get me started on porky the vampire ghost pig.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Losersriot

1. I play games to be the hero of the game. If I wanted a narrator's voice, I'd read a book. The fact that at the very beginning dev doesn't allow us to associate ourselves with the protagonist of the game by talking about it in 3rd person cancels out the "female protagonist" tag.
    2. framing errors: dynamic range is missing. Even (!) shadow in the frame is missing. This is not possible even when using surgical "shadowless" lamps. But the dev to do impossible.
    3. Married mayor, not a young man, does not know how to flirt with women.... All he could come up with was blackmail. That's the worldview of a 12-year-old hikikomori.
    4. Orchestration error. The characters have no distinction. They all want the same thing. They don't interact with each other. There is no emotion, which is typical of boyish children's crafts.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

Nothing here, absolutely nothing, some clicks in dialogue, but otherwise nothing.

Not sure what the developer was thinking releasing this...its shoddy at best. Take it back to the drawing board, put some serious hours into it and I mean everything. It all needs to work, you have stiff competition on these sites...