• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Enthralled & Consent: Development Thread, and my other works & projects.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And once again, I get distracted by another project!

Sooo, there's what I would consider a serious effort right now to start porting over the game Something Unlimited from Unity to Ren'Py. This effort was kicked off in the SU Sprite Remix/Fanart thread, and of course I'm feeling the need to give suggestions...

So yeah, I've been spending the last few days deep inside of the bowels of Ren'Py, tweaking screens and throwing out ideas to add to the demo.

Here are a few screens that I re-configured from the 'default' Ren'Py style.

SURebuilt_LoadGameScreen_OhWee.jpg

SURebuilt_PrefsScreen_OhWee.jpg

SURebuilt_HistoryScreen_OhWee.jpg

I can't take credit for the hot gals (those are SU characters of course), but the interface backgrounds, yeah those are based on SU button/frame artwork but have been modified heavily by me to fit in this context.

I think that these have turned out rather nicely! Of course, I may port these ideas over to other games at some point, but in the meantime, time spent chasing this whim means that I'm not working on other stuff. But at least I'm working on something!

So yeah, I feel kind of bad about setting other projects aside, but if Something Unlimited can be successfully ported over to Ren'Py, this opens up the floodgates as far as potential mods, etc.!

I'll probably spend a few more days on this, then get back to work on other projects. I already have a backup plan for FmF Part 2 since it's definitely going to be delayed several weeks, so I'll probably package together a few stories that RustyV finished for Part 2 so that there's SOMETHING to release around the new year at least!

Back to the grindstone!
:cool:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still plugging away at that SU Rebuilt thing that I'm helping xMendoza with!

I be learning some new schiznit!

This probably doesn't mean as much to a number of people as it does to me, but I've been avoiding the coding side of variable lists/arrays for a long time now....

Anyways, I've been hammering away at a Profile screen for the gals in SU. I'm currently focusing on setting up variables for the next step, which is the GS/MB scheduling screen. I always hated the 'next page' button in SU Unity when you had more than 12 girls, so I set up scrollbars instead...

HeroineStatusScreenWIP8_BG.jpg

So, Batgirl's name is getting pulled out of a list using len() instead of just me assigning the variable directly, and the Artemis and Black Canary icons are also getting pulled out of the same list, which ignores Batgirl as she's the 'current girl'. These variables will help reduce the coding overhead by a bit, as then I can use 'for i in range(0,x)' to loop through the same chunk of code multiple times to set up the thumbnails to the right. Like save slots sorta kinda, I've worked with those for years, but I've never built code from scratch to pull names out of an array.

The other reason I'm so focused on this is that I'm trying to set up the SU Rebuilt code to be 'girl pack friendly'. That is to say I'm trying to set things up so that modders and artist types can just put together girl packs of their favorite super babe and drop them into SU Rebuilt, to allow players to customize their playing experience a bit.

When I was modding a few of the screens to streamline/speed up the gameplay for Brothel King, I was working with similar arrays in that code, but it was all voodoo magic to me, I was just focused on making pretty screens. But I sort of understood it, and now I'm grasping things much more clearly.

Python never has been my jam, it gives me headaches, but I still power through such things when I have to...

Anyways, my plan is to use this code in my own brothel management game sometime down the road, so this is very much a worthwhile effort, both for the SU F95Zone community that have been wanting a SU Ren'Py port for years, and for several of my future projects down the road.

So yeah his is easy peasy for some people, but this stuff gives me headaches, so I'm calling this one a win!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another quick update / a 'took waaaaay tooooo looooong to figure this out' minor victory moment!

The above art is just a re-mix of sorts of SR7's art from Something Unlimited. Just me being silly mainly!

So I'm still plugging away at the SU Rebuilt thing.

Here's a couple of screenshots showing my current progress for reference:

The third pic is a 'repeat' from my last post, but I FINALLY have the 'use string as variable name' thing working, so rather than the string being 'Hard Coded' to Batgirl now, I'm concatenating her name from the string variable that I'm using to create the variable names that summon alias, description, etc.. Path names to images I had figured out how to 'express' days ago, but these other variables, yeah...

So the magic code... this one invokes the 'Description' text below the profile pic:

$descriptionstring = (current_profile_girl) + "_description"
$description = globals()[(descriptionstring)]
text "[description]":

In this case, current_profile_girl is the girl that is currently picked (in this case, Batgirl). The name of the girl is assigned to current_profile girl when you click on her thumbnail in the right picker screen. BTW, I found a better way to configure that screen in the Management screen (the green one), so I need to change that over from vertical scrolling to horizontal scrolling, and remove the grids in favor of much simpler hboxes, but I digress.

So yeah, this was kicking my ass for the last few days, and I still don't grok python very well, but finally this morning after trying eval, getattr, and a few other commands that I wasn't getting, I finally stumbled on the code example I needed that I actually understood as it relates to the globals() thing.

When I was finally able to invoke the variables in the relevant strings using this method, well my reaction was:

FINALLY!
and
This took WAAAAAY TOOOO LONG to figure out!

So yeah, I'm just glad to get this screen invoking different variables group figured out. As I said, using Object Oriented Programming and Classes full on would probably be cleaner for seasoned coders, but for newbies...

This is important for how I envisioned using Girl Packs in SU Rebuilt. As I said, I just want players to copy the .rpy files from some existing girl, go in and edit/change/replace the stuff they need to for their 'new girl' that they want to add, and then just drop their girlname folder (say SheHulk) with the relevant r.py file inside (say SheHulk.rpy) and voila, and the game will take things from there!

As mentioned before, I wanted to get this framework all figured out sot that xMendoza and others can just come in behind me and have a field day adding the other girls and scenes in, without having to 'build' the backbone first. That's been my goal anyways!

I mentioned before, probably in the SU sprite remix thread that I'll be setting up a 'at end of day, check for new girl folders. If new girls are detected, 'park' their name identifiers into various pools based on when they should show up as potential targets, etc. ingame.

At this point I have to give a lot of credit to Goldo and the Brothel King team for showing how this idea can work, but my way of detecting the folders is different from how things are done in BK. In this case, there's no need for random stats as all girls are pretty much on equal footing other than their power level (1-3). As I've mentioned before, I did some pretty extensive tweaking to the Brothel King interface, and a number of my ideas were implemented (with minor modifications) into the current version of BK. People were pretty happy with my efforts to help reduce the 'click load' in BK!

So yeah, yay team or something like that!

----

As for FmF, yeah I should have been working on that already, and FmF Part 2 simply isn't going to happen for a bit. I have a contingency plan for this, however, that is that instead I'll package a mini story that RustyV sent me a while back to continue the story, then follow it up with a couple of other stories. These stories will eventually be added to FmF Part 2, but in the meantime FmF fans have been waiting long enough for SOMETHING.

So probably before the new year I'll have the first story ready to go. But this SU Rebuilt thing is really important to me, even though it's a 'Community friendly' effort. I'm helping to establish the 'framework' for this game, which should make other people's lives easier as they tackle adding in various girls, etc. into the SU Rebuilt Ren'Py framework. I wanted to do my best to make girlpacks as 'newbie friendly' as I could r.e. the Ren'Py coding angle. Seeing variables spelled out is a bit easier to grasp than digging through datasets and invoking defs...

SU Unity has over 11,000 sprites currently, which could take many months for just one person to try to add on their own, so my goal has been to get the 'big stuff' out of the way, i.e. the game framework, so that other fanart and modder types can just focus on adding the scenes featuring the various girls, and re-assembling/creating the associated art, maybe adding some extra sumpin' sumpin' pics along the way!

SU Rebuilt is a community Ren'Py build effort, a 'for free' thing. I enjoy SU Unity, but it has a bit too much grind and clunkiness going on in places, and it'd be nice to streamline things here and there so that people can focus more on the story and a little less on the grind...

So apologies to the FmF fans, I just needed to do my part to help make SU Rebuilt happen!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, a rather lengthy followup on my last post:

So let me bring y'all up to spreed r.e. what I have at the moment, in case you haven't been following my efforts to help xMendoza out with a Ren'Py rebuild of Something Unlimited

HeroineStatusScreenWIPe_BG.jpg

The third screenshot (the purple one) is probably the most relevant one. That dropdown menu under Fighting Crime is the 'backbone' that I needed to get this 'switch between jobs' thing that's also shown on the fourth screen working. Yesterday I FINALLY managed to get my variable interactions to play nice. It involves datasets, I won't bore you with the details. Said dropdown changes a few variables at once, which tie in with the fourth (green screen).

So here's the thing. This backbone that I'm building, well it's the important thing. The background art can be swapped out pretty easily, and as long as the various pictures (girls, buttons, progress bars, etc.) are left in the same place, the only modification I'd need to do is change out the background art.

So this brings me to this:

OK, so my point in showing all of these is that I've designed my framework to use girlpacks. So let's say that someone renders a few relevant scenes featuring Dee Bond aka Agent HH7. If I took the above framework more literally, you'd need dancing, stripping, eroplay, bedchamber, VIP suite and Playpen (orgy) scenes featuring Dee and whichever random dude(s) and maybe gal(s) you wanted to have her interact with.

Coding these scenes is incredibly flexible. It could just involve say a half dozen or less renders with some associated dialogue, some menu choice options, whatever, depending on the environment, or you could create longer scenes or even mini-stories.

So you put all of your scene art/renders into a folder along with a single .rpy file which gives Agent HH7's 'vital stats' and details her various scenes. Like I did with Batgirl for my test build to be used with SU Rebuilt here:

I'm missing a bunch of scenes here, 'cuz re-combining sprites and coding the associated scenes takes time, but essentially you'd put the renders for your various scenes involving this girl (could be any girl) into her dedicated folder.

The .rpy file is essentially following a 'template' which gives you the various variables that Batgirl needs to have. So in Agent HH7's case, you'd simply swap out Batgirl for Dee Bond (yeah photorealistic vs. cartoon, but that's actually not a problem because as far as Renpy is concerned, pics are pics).

Below the list of stats in the .rpy file are all of the scenes that you would build for each interaction. Pretty much anything goes here, as long as you have an 'entry point', in this case it'd be the assignment slots (assign to job). The game then loops through these assignments at the end of each day to 'play them out'.

There's also a 'recruit' label that handles what happens when the girl is first 'discovered' by the game framework.

The beauty of this is that ALL YOU NEED TO DO after you've written your scenes is drop this folder with the .rpy file and the pics into the /girls folder of my framework, and as long as you have the 'recruit' details worked out in the girl's associated, she's added to the game.

(It could also be a dude or whatever too, girls are sexier though!)

'Recruiting' could be handled by a number of ways, i.e. she might be added to the Bordello manager's 'possible recruits to capture/entice' list, she might just simply be added to your girl pool, maybe you need to talk to some other girl...

This part is a little more tricky, but other people designing girl packs could just look at the 'recruit' labels of a few of the girls that are already in the game to come up with a few ideas.

I'm also currently pondering a way to 'segregate' the interface art so that rather than asking for the art directly, there's a set of 'translation' variables which point to the various 'styles' that may set up. So there could be a 'SU Reimagined' interface style, a 'Dee's sexy mansion' interface style, a 'Lost in Space on Planet Horny' interface style, well you get the idea. The background art and associated labels can easily be 'variable-ized' and said art can be isolated into it's own subfolder. A 'switch' could even be added to the start menu to choose between them, but I think it's probably best to just stick with one story with each game build...

I COULD further split things up though, so that you could have multiple story settings residing concurrently in the same game build, it's just require more fried brain cells on my part to figure out...

---

Sooooo, what does this have to do with anything?

Well, as I've mentioned, I've been wanting to do my own brothel management game for a while, and this just kicked the door wide open to do exactly that.

And as you can see from the renders that I showcased above, I already have a lot of the character groundwork done r.e. which girls I can include in my story. I had originally wanted to set up a 'Dream Sequence' in FmF utilizing a few of these characters, but other things keep grabbing my attention. I'm leaning more into the 'homage/cosplay/parody of' angle rather than directly interpreting any given IP.

I do want to see a SU Ren'py rebuild as well. So at some point the plan has been to share my framework once everything was working more or less as I intended.

Note that he SU art is SunsetRider7's of course, so I don't feel comfortable being the one to package said art into some of the girlpacks. For example purposes maybe, but I'd rather leave that work to others, and instead focus on my own things going forward.

My eyes tend to glaze over after a few hours of coding, so it's been slow going, but yesterday I finally managed to get my 'task picker dropdown menu' variable interactions working, after a LOT of trial and error. I may still tweak the code a bit more (still looking into Classes, but that hurts my brain trying to understand it all).

But SINCE I want to do my own brothel management game too, well the Ren'Py coding framework is now a reality. So I'm pondering EXACTLY how to move forward, as I want to make my code available to the SU Rebuilt peeps, but retain the 'rights' to use it in my own stuff. I just don't want anyone saying that I can't use this code framework that I've come up with later on is the main thing...

Plus, at some point I probably should come up with a Subscribestar or something so that people can support my artistic efforts, whim chasing as they may be... it'd be nice to pad my financial situation a bit. When I'm working with other IPs or incest situations, I do that stuff for free, but I do other art and stuff too!

I'll probably split this off into it's own thread soon, I just need to work out my game plan.

Just wanted to ramble on a bit...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so this post is kind of a big deal...

Backstory: As anyone following this development thread already knows, I've been helping xMendoza with a proof of concept Ren'Py demo build for Something Unlimited.

Something Unlimited is a Unity game, which means that it is essentially unmoddable for most people. The game engine is a few years old now, and the code is a bit of a spaghetti mess as I understand (I don't speak Unity). So finding bugs can be a bit of a bear.

Ren'Py games have their share of bugs too, but thanks to the 'error found/traceback' reporting system, you can usually parse out what went wrong, making things much easier to fix. Activate auto-reload, and your .rpy file changes and even updated graphics will re-load in the game, letting you know about immediately if you typed something wrong or whatever, or you can just continue your playtesting from there if the game is still running fine.

SOOOO, I've spent the last several weeks/over a month essentially coding a backbone framework for the demo build. xMendoza has been more focused on story elements while I do this. We essentially are for the most part replicating how the first parts of SU Unity plays, while adding some 'quality of life' improvements designed to make the game more visually interesting in places, and to speed up play.

Since the interactions I have been setting up in the (older version) of the demo build that I've been working on are rather complex, I needed to get everything more or less working before I shared it, lest people run into errors, broken features, etc.

There are still more things that I still need to build/bring online, but what I have now sets up pretty much the backbone for the game. There are a couple of other screens that will use the same variables in a different way, but for now their functionality can be accomplished in other areas of the game environment.

I should make it absolutely clear that, even though I am sharing this demo framework build with the community here. I am retaining the rights to use my own coding framework in one or more of my upcoming projects. Using the backbone framework in some of my other projects has been a strong driving force as to why I went ahead and focused so heavily on building this framework.

Specifically, I have a brothel management game of my own that's part of my 'to do list' that will use characters of my own creation (i.e. not based on any particular IP), although it may pay some homages to a few things...

xMendoza already knows that I plan to use this coding elsewhere, as well as sharing it with his efforts to make his 'SU Rebuilt' unofficial, F95Zone community supported, Ren'Py port.

Quick note: If anyone would like to use my code in their own projects, PM me and we can discuss...

It'd be really cool if the GS Games folk were to port SU Unity over to Renpy, but I'm not holding my breath. Again, my PM box is open if someone wants to discuss...

--

I've done my best to include as little of the SU Unity artwork as I can in this build, while still having a functional game. It will be up to others to add in any other content, using the 'girl pack' framework that is seen in similar games of this type (such as Brothel King).

I will still lend my coding skills to the SU Rebuilt project (it probably should be re-named SU Re-Imagined, you'll see why if you check out this demo build), as I want this 'unofficial' community homage project to succeed!

So without further ado, here's a few screenshots. I need to explain a few new things (again).

First off, the Profile Screen. This shows off the 'backbone' that makes this 'Re-imagined' tech demo/game work:

SURebuilt015_ProfileScreen.jpg

Currently, you can access this screen when you first enter Lexcorp. Just look for the Profile Screen menu button.

This allows you to switch between girl profiles, and to do some essential tasks, like:

> see what she's doing (current location/gig)
> re-assign her to other 'gigs' if said gigs are available to her
> send her home to rest if her fatigue is getting too high
> Capture her if she hasn't been added to your 'harem' so to speak
> Upgrade (or downgrade) her control device as needed
> Read a brief summary of her current status (available for capture, doing the robotic slave thing, etc.).
> (temporary feature) See which girls are working at the Glamour Slam/what they are doing there.

This will also allow you to pick between various costumes in the future, but that feature has not been implemented yet.

So, to explain the 'capture' feature that i have set up for now (this will get it's own separate screen later probably):

SURebuilt015_CaptureScreen1.jpg SURebuilt015_CaptureScreen2.jpg SURebuilt015_CaptureScreen3.jpg

So essentially, if you see a 'Capture' button to the left of the money display, and are able to click on it (have the necessary funds), you'll see the first screen. Here you can purchase a Lexcon Device to enable her capture.

After you purchase said device, Mercy can then try to capture her (second screenshot). Mercy can make one attempt each night.

To see if Mercy is successful, you will see the third screen, showing her results.

This is currently playing differently than what happens in SU Unity, as this is a 'Temporary convention' to allow people to caputure girls until a full capture system, with associated screens are put in place. That'll happen down the road.

Once a girl is part of your 'harem', if you see an 'Upgrade' button, here's the screen that does that.

SURebuilt015_ProfileUpgrade.jpg

Again, this is pretty self-explanatory for anyone that's played SU Unity. This is a 'streamlined' process so that you don't have to go to the Labs each time just to upgrade a girl.

The intention is to make the Profile screen available in other areas of the map, so that Lex doesn't have to go back to Lexcorp each time to upgrade a girl, change her schedule or whatever. I'm thinking a 'computer tablet' icon in a top corner of various screens that the player can click on to access the Profile screen. Again, this will be fully implemented down the road.

One other significant change of note:

SURebuilt_EndOfDayReporting.jpg

When you click the 'Next Night' button, a bunch of income calculations, variable bookkeeping and such happens. The player is given the option to see how things went at the Glamour Slam, i.e. which girls were working and how much each girl made, if the player wants a 'detailed' report, or the player can get a brief summary or just skip the reporting altogether.

I need to note a couple of other things.

1) Since the talk to whomever to find out how to Capture a Girl' routine hasn't been fully implemented, FOR now, more girls will become available for capture at the end of the night when certain conditions are met (essentially after first 3 girls are captured, first six girls captured, etc.). The profile will give you a clue as to when to expect a girl to show up in your recruiting pool.

2) Glamour Slam upgrades are handled via 'normal' choice menu buttons. No fancy screen for that for now. Tala's shop, etc. will have a similar framework set up later, this is just a tech demo build for now...

3) You can see what I have planned for the Lexcorp Living Quarters situation when you click on the living quarters. It's just a pic of a photoshop mockup for now, so don't get too excited yet, as I still need to code said screen.

4) The Management Screen is built, but nothing is 'active' on that screen as of yet. I just need to code a bunch of buttons for it, add the Glamour Slam/Meta Bordello upgrade icons, that sort of thing. Again, just showing what you can expect in future updates.

5) I'd like to introduce a 'Wallpaper' feature in a future build where various wallpapers can be put into a particular subfolder and the game will randomly pick between the wallpapers. There's some really cool wallpaper art in the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread that'd be perfect for this!

I'm sure there will be a few bugs, so for now, I suppose we can discuss those here or just PM me so that we don't clutter up this thread. xMendoza needs to start an 'unofficial community support thread' for SU Rebuilt/Re-imagined, so that we can just discuss this particular project there.

AGAIN, THIS IS CURRENTLY A TECH DEMO/PROOF OF CONCEPT currently, not a full game.

So without futher ado:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
I have tried the demo and it looks very good the version is an incredible job when more mechanics are added it can be spectacular

While we're at it, I have a suggestion/mechanic that might be of interest to you.

Improvements for glamour slam when you improve the place allow to include some special improvements such as a bar counter or sexy waitresses which could mean a small amount of extra money passively which would facilitate the beginning when you are low on money and reduce grinding

For example, by improving it to the level 1 being able to buy the bar improvement that provides 10% extra income per day when selling drinks to customers and if you don't have girls because they are all resting, for example, it will provide you with a fixed income of between 100 and 300 dollars a day minimum for at least if you only have one girl at the beginning and you have to send her to rest so that the days she rests are not a loss of benefits

and what was said later, have other options to increase the passive income of the premises for future more expensive improvements

how to take advantage of the security cameras (apart from for some quest) transmit the shows over the internet to "lexflix" in exchange for a subscription or things like that

So not only could you personalize the place a little more, but also ensure that even if you don't have girls working there, you can at least ensure X amounts of fixed benefits per day

The improvements would not necessarily have to be related to money, there may be others that reduce the fatigue of the girls or increase their corruption or allow you to access other special uniforms...

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I had an editing snafu yesterday. Long story short but short form is that I copied over my tech demo build to a new folder, but then did my last minute editing to the .rpy files in the OLD folder, not the new one that I zipped up.

---

I had an edit to increase starting income, which went to the 'old' folder not the new one. In the meantime. Morkar, etc. you can edit money like this, until a 'cheat menu' is implmented, probably using the tablet interface thingie that I want to add.

Hit shift + o (capital O) and the Ren'Py console will come up. You can check and edit variables here if you know what to look for. Anyways...
type:

money

to see how much money you have.

type:

money = 1000000

and you have a million dollars

type:

money += 50000

and it'll add $50,000 to your money total.

Then hit the esc key to exit the console.

---

I also messed up the placement of a couple of parenthesis in the random money generator, that'll be fixed in my mini-update that I'll put up after I tackle a few bugs in the Roulette & Tala dialogues.

Last edited:
Reactions: EatBootyIDo

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
and i found 2 bugs

1 girls can't be assigned to strip slot (go from dance to eroplay)

2 upgrading glamor slam a second time blocks game progress

And I don't know if this is an error or it is not yet implemented in the demo but there is no way to see the dance actions of the other girls or of Batgirl herself except the first time she appears

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
and i found 2 bugs

1 girls can't be assigned to strip slot (go from dance to eroplay)

2 upgrading glamor slam a second time blocks game progress

And I don't know if this is an error or it is not yet implemented in the demo but there is no way to see the dance actions of the other girls or of Batgirl herself except the first time she appears
Appreciate the feedback. I'll have to check my formulas/code.

Also, no other scenes haven't been added yet. We needed a working schedule framework working first.

Could you elaborate on 'blocks game progress?'

Last edited:

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
When you buy the second improvement of glamour slam, the message "the place will be closed for renovations for 5 days" appears but it gets stuck there and it doesn't matter how much time you let go, the message that the place is closed for renovations always keeps coming out and you can't progress in the game

And another piece of advice when you click "next day" is because you have already finished the actions that you can do that day, having to click yes to take you to the report screen and clicking another button to receive the report can eventually become tedious I think it would be better if clicking next day would automatically jump to the progress / benefits report

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
When you buy the second improvement of glamour slam, the message "the place will be closed for renovations for 5 days" appears but it gets stuck there and it doesn't matter how much time you let go, the message that the place is closed for renovations always keeps coming out and you can't progress in the game

And another piece of advice when you click "next day" is because you have already finished the actions that you can do that day, having to click yes to take you to the report screen and clicking another button to receive the report can eventually become tedious I think it would be better if clicking next day would automatically jump to the progress / benefits report
I'd suggest being patient as I have some updated .rpy files on the way. I'm looking into the dancer slot thing, and the 'infinite construction' loop thing I think I've fixed on my end....

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Morkar

I'm still in bugslaying mode, but merge the /game folder in this .7z with the other /game folder (it'll ask you if you want to overwrite four files, maybe back those up first although they will be in the .7z you downloaded so you could just grab those later if needed) and let me know how it goes.

I've added an option to shorten the number of clicks/mostly bypass the nightly reporting, which was my intention. Certain events still fire at that time, so it's important to have a couple of screens at least,plus it gives the impression of 'passage of time'.

I *think* that I've addressed the infinite upgrade' issue and also the slot issue (available slots wasn't getting updated alongside of total slots available), I guess we'll both see shortly.

There's a 'day timer' on those so after Day 6 or 7 a few of the dialogue steps go away. They are there to explain what's going on the first couple of times, and then go away as you now understand the 'routine'.

@ Everyone

Yeah download the patch if you want, but I'd suggest waiting until I'm sure I've fixed a few other things first. Check here again later today.
;)

Reactions: Jimwalrus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update on my efforts r.e. a SU Re-Imagined build.

I'm calling my work on the effort Re-Imagined now because SU Rebuilt apparently was tried before by others (found out about this when I was googling the SU Unity thread), and then abandoned.

I have faith in xMendoza to make the new SU Rebuilt effort happen, but I think we want different things out of a new SU Ren'Py build. He wants to slavishly re-create as much of the original game as he can, right down to the darkened sprites when characters aren't talking, which I'm just not a fan of, and there are other things...

Essentially, I want to re-imagine the framework with a slicker interface, new (minor) story elements, that sort of thing. So there will be two tracks going forward. I gave xMendoza what he needed as far as a backbone, but I'm going to concentrate on what I'd like to see going forward.

I will continue to lend my coding expertise (such as it is) to xMendoza as well, as best I can.

In my opinion, when SR7 designed the SU Unity interface back in 2016, he was new to the game design thing so he did the best he could AT THE TIME with Unity.

Since then, it's been over six years so, well I imagine that there are things that he might want to do differently too. So my personal goal is to show what's possible, not slavishly re-create the original.

Anyways, I have the 'dancing routines' for the gals coded in now, with associated sprites. A couple of the gals had cropped sprites, so of course I felt the need to fix those...

Hawkgirl-dance0.png Zatanna-dance0.png

Credit to SR7 for the original sprites, I was just replacing the missing bits, i.e. the top of the wings and hat. There's a pole background that these sprites are designed to overlay, hence the diagonal 'cropped' sections of the models.

Anyways, so yeah there's a few examples of dancing girls that you can watch in the Glamour Slam now in the new Ren'Py files that is attached. I need to add a coding framework that just shows who's currently dancing next (easy peasy), but I want to tackle the stripping sprites next in a similar manner. In the menatime, at least you can see dancing girls outside of the intro now!

I scaled the other sprites to take maximum advantage of the screen height without exceeding it. So they aren't 'to scale' with each other, but they don't need to be as only one girl is onstage at a time.

I also fixed a few other things since my last patch of course. Mainly background formula stuff, See attached patch file.

Morkar , etc.

There's a new patch attached! ;)

---

I'm currently bouncing between projects, specifically the next FmF Tale (I'm calling these FmF Tales now) and SU Re-Imagined. I find that doing a bit of both each day makes me much happier. FmF Tales on my end is mostly just re-coding the new interface (again) right now to make it pretty, and helping RustyV with some Daz stuff. I've asked for a few more renders for his current story, as it needed it a bit more sexy stuff...

Here's the current main menu screen background that I currently have in mind:

WinteryRideMainMenuWIP1a.jpg

The menu will be in the upper right corner, I just need to design new background buttons for that. FmF has purple buttons, this story framework uses a 'wooden colors' theme.

Anyways, I mainly just wanted to get an updated patch out. Enjoy 2023!

Archiving more pics:

JenSara_Astro101Babes_OhWee.jpg

KatmaTuiG3F_OhWee.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote