• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The main trigger for that is when you flirt with him during the heist. You can turn off the flag by setting calen_flirt to "False".

There are ways to skip all the scenes currently with him while the flag is set to "True", but the canon of the story will remain that Calen is one of the MC's lovers and he will act like it.
How the fuck did I a bisexual guy playing this miss out on making my character bisexual?!!!!!! This is absolutely horrible news, the Heist is ages back in my play and the scattered sandbox nature of the game makes it a bitch of nightmare to go back and change things in. Hours and days or work fucking ruined. This more than anything is kinda making me despise this game right now.

Also, here is my furthest save file, any help with getting what I have left to do finished would be great

EDITED:

I just loaded a save right before the start of the Heist where the option to take Bravery and Withstand are given, I have nearly max of every potion you can have at that point in the game, and I have no options to flirt with anyone during the heist. I've ran through it with both potions used, I've ran through it with just one once for each potion, I've ran through it with no potions, and at no point does my Character flirt with anyone during the Heist. It's all fucking business. Lerran is the one who most of the talking with Calen, saying I'm an adept and that we're working against the guild mistress.

I offered to help the most I can when I got the option to help, I sent them both to Huts and got them to be able to stay in the store room.

Where the actually fucking fuck am I doing something wrong? I have no way to ever flirt with Calen, and or even Salomae. Neither get added to the character tracker.

As irrational as it is, I'm feeling incredibly personally targeted by this bullshit, like some random straight player can't not flirt with Calen and I a bisexual guy can't for the life of me find out how to do it.

EDIT 2:

After noticing and downloading the Update to 0.8d SE I was able to get the night walk to work for some reason. Still pissed that I of all people can't have a bi character.

Last edited:

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
How the fuck did I a bisexual guy playing this miss out on making my character bisexual?!!!!!! This is absolutely horrible news, the Heist is ages back in my play and the scattered sandbox nature of the game makes it a bitch of nightmare to go back and change things in. Hours and days or work fucking ruined. This more than anything is kinda making me despise this game right now.

Also, here is my furthest save file, any help with getting what I have left to do finished would be great

EDITED:

I just loaded a save right before the start of the Heist where the option to take Bravery and Withstand are given, I have nearly max of every potion you can have at that point in the game, and I have no options to flirt with anyone during the heist. I've ran through it with both potions used, I've ran through it with just one once for each potion, I've ran through it with no potions, and at no point does my Character flirt with anyone during the Heist. It's all fucking business. Lerran is the one who most of the talking with Calen, saying I'm an adept and that we're working against the guild mistress.

I offered to help the most I can when I got the option to help, I sent them both to Huts and got them to be able to stay in the store room.

Where the actually fucking fuck am I doing something wrong? I have no way to ever flirt with Calen, and or even Salomae. Neither get added to the character tracker.

As irrational as it is, I'm feeling incredibly personally targeted by this bullshit, like some random straight player can't not flirt with Calen and I a bisexual guy can't for the life of me find out how to do it.

EDIT 2:

After noticing and downloading the Update to 0.8d SE I was able to get the night walk to work for some reason. Still pissed that I of all people can't have a bi character.
I'm gonna have a look. One sec.

Reactions: S1nsational

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021

EDITED:

EDIT 2:

You need both the charis potion (after getting the Velvet Drink from Velvet Desires and deciphering the recipe and making it) and the bravery potion to flirt with Calen. Charis to enchant Calen, Bravery to go through with it during the heist. Charis also enables Salomae content automatically. From the variables, it looks like you didn't take the charis potion prior to going in. I'd have to look at the triggers, but it is possible it hadn't been discovered yet.

I've made two saves for you. The first (9-1) is with the variables (heist01_charis and calen_flirt) both set to true. I'm not sure exactly where you are without looking and comparing several dozen variables, and since you've completed the heist and croup threads, you've missed some minor dialogue/image differences. If you have a console command program, you can run through the scenes of: heist01, heist02, heist03, heist04, heist05, heist06, croup01, croup02, and croup03 again. This is for viewing those scenes only.

If you can jump scenes, I would highly recommend you play through this save for the content (using your console command program to jump to each scene), then reload the 9-1 save and continue because where you are currently with the other variables, all you need is that heist01_charis and calen_flirt set to True for content with Salomae and Calen to appear at the esbat, which are now set correctly in the save. Make sure you reload the save after seeing the content and continue with your game.

The 9-1 save can also be used if you don't mind missing the previous content and want to be able to visit Salomae and Calen during the esbat. Just load it and keep going with your game as it is.

The second (9-2) is in case you don't have a console command program and you want to see the content. I've reset the levels for the Heist and Croup threads and loaded the heist01 scene. First, with this, you will have to go through all those scenes listed above so you can get all the content. Clues may not show up exactly right. Again, you can use this to play through the content and then load up the 9-1 save and continue from where you were with the variables set correctly. If you use 9-2, make sure you get 9-1 also and switch to that save after you've viewed the content you want to see.

To see the content using 9-2, just go to the Rilea Gates at night and choose "Mills Way". That will start you back on heist01.

Hopefully that will help.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You need both the charis potion (after getting the Velvet Drink from Velvet Desires and deciphering the recipe and making it) and the bravery potion to flirt with Calen. Charis to enchant Calen, Bravery to go through with it during the heist. Charis also enables Salomae content automatically. From the variables, it looks like you didn't take the charis potion prior to going in. I'd have to look at the triggers, but it is possible it hadn't been discovered yet.

I've made two saves for you. The first (9-1) is with the variables (heist01_charis and calen_flirt) both set to true. I'm not sure exactly where you are without looking and comparing several dozen variables, and since you've completed the heist and croup threads, you've missed some minor dialogue/image differences. If you have a console command program, you can run through the scenes of: heist01, heist02, heist03, heist04, heist05, heist06, croup01, croup02, and croup03 again. This is for viewing those scenes only.

If you can jump scenes, I would highly recommend you play through this save for the content (using your console command program to jump to each scene), then reload the 9-1 save and continue because where you are currently with the other variables, all you need is that heist01_charis and calen_flirt set to True for content with Salomae and Calen to appear at the esbat, which are now set correctly in the save. Make sure you reload the save after seeing the content and continue with your game.

The 9-1 save can also be used if you don't mind missing the previous content and want to be able to visit Salomae and Calen during the esbat. Just load it and keep going with your game as it is.

The second (9-2) is in case you don't have a console command program and you want to see the content. I've reset the levels for the Heist and Croup threads and loaded the heist01 scene. First, with this, you will have to go through all those scenes listed above so you can get all the content. Clues may not show up exactly right. Again, you can use this to play through the content and then load up the 9-1 save and continue from where you were with the variables set correctly. If you use 9-2, make sure you get 9-1 also and switch to that save after you've viewed the content you want to see.

To see the content using 9-2, just go to the Rilea Gates at night and choose "Mills Way". That will start you back on heist01.

Hopefully that will help.
I used 9-2 and got to see some of the scenes, but getting Salomae to turn up at the shop and then meeting Calen in the lower city were impossible to trigger without seeing quest hints.

Loaded 9-1 to continue with the flags set correctly like you said, but Calem wasn't acting like a lover at all at the festival. Showed up only to let me know Salomae was wanting to see me, and to let me into the Hut. There was a sex scene with Salomae, but none with Calem. Closest thing to Calem being treated in any way as a lover was our saying we're going to be taking him and Salomae back with us eventually. But even that didn't really feel all that romantic towards both

Edit: just attached my save from just before the End Of Update screen, if you could check to make sure I'm on Calems path that would be really appreciated. Also, sorry for giving you extra work

Edit 2: The overall festival content was amazing!! So much happened, even if I might be missing a scene or few. Really looking forward to the huge V0.9 update you have planned

Last edited:

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
I used 9-2 and got to see some of the scenes, but getting Salomae to turn up at the shop and then meeting Calen in the lower city were impossible to trigger without seeing quest hints.

Loaded 9-1 to continue with the flags set correctly like you said, but Calem wasn't acting like a lover at all at the festival. Showed up only to let me know Salomae was wanting to see me, and to let me into the Hut. There was a sex scene with Salomae, but none with Calem. Closest thing to Calem being treated in any way as a lover was our saying we're going to be taking him and Salomae back with us eventually. But even that didn't really feel all that romantic towards both

Edit: just attached my save from just before the End Of Update screen, if you could check to make sure I'm on Calems path that would be really appreciated. Also, sorry for giving you extra work

Edit 2: The overall festival content was amazing!! So much happened, even if I might be missing a scene or few. Really looking forward to the huge V0.9 update you have planned
I'm not sure why but the variables didn't save in 9-1. I had thought I had confirmed that. My mistake. I double-checked and loaded the esbat scene of Calen showing up at the tent. It works.

There are variables set in that scene (and later in the esbat) that will be used in 0.9. I'd need to know specific answers to specific questions to set the variables in the save you sent me for them to be compatible.

I know it sucks, but I'm not sure what else I can do. This is the corrected 9-1. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know. I can try to send you the list of questions if you want me to set them manually.

• Red Heart

Pixiew

May 12, 2022
The main trigger for that is when you flirt with him during the heist. You can turn off the flag by setting calen_flirt to "False".

There are ways to skip all the scenes currently with him while the flag is set to "True", but the canon of the story will remain that Calen is one of the MC's lovers and he will act like it.
So I switched the flag to false and got the solomae scene without him but it still says we'll get him to join our pride, so we're just stuck with him?

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm not sure why but the variables didn't save in 9-1. I had thought I had confirmed that. My mistake. I double-checked and loaded the esbat scene of Calen showing up at the tent. It works.

There are variables set in that scene (and later in the esbat) that will be used in 0.9. I'd need to know specific answers to specific questions to set the variables in the save you sent me for them to be compatible.

I know it sucks, but I'm not sure what else I can do. This is the corrected 9-1. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know. I can try to send you the list of questions if you want me to set them manually.
That was perfect, thank you so much. I'm far happier with my character being bisexual, and the bi scene was great

Reactions: Soniram

Soniram

Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
So I switched the flag to false and got the solomae scene without him but it still says we'll get him to join our pride, so we're just stuck with him?
He's not a love interest or anything. He helps out with the shop. If there's enough backlash about a male not interacting with anyone else there, I'll find a story reason to have him leave so you can be happy.

• Sad

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
He's not a love interest or anything. He helps out with the shop. If there's enough backlash about a male not interacting with anyone else there, I'll find a story reason to have him leave so you can be happy.
Respectfully, I don't think writing him out of the story like that is the best of ideas.

Him staying and help at the shop even when not a lover, allows for greater story continuity and cohesion across what are two currently very similar branches. Having him gone from the story or playing a far reduced role when not an actual member of the tribe/pride as in the romantic and sexual senses, then that's going to greatly effect both versions of the story, where he's there and where he's not.

My great worry would be the bisexual path getting punished to satisfy the straight path.

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes