weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Quite the opposite. One has to expect good writing and gameplay in order to pay money to further invest in a game, book, movie, music.
If no one expects much of such projects no one would pay money would they?

Please do not call the shitty devs authors. That way you also downtalk the dev of this game who in terms of writing is in the top 5% of all games on this board.
I am an author and thats an insult to my profession. There is no opinion in this regard. There are devs who can write on author level and some even above and there are devs who couldn't understand a single sentence from "the tempest" or "faust" if their life would be depending on it.
If you wish to debate this point with me i can guarantee you will make an absolute fool out of yourself. (first and only warning)

You do not speak for all fans either. After almost 30 years in the business i can tell you one thing for certain. "Fans do not know what they want" One side wants this and the other side wants that. Sprinkle on top the rest wants something completely different. What you settle on as a business decision more than once is not what YOU would like but what actually sells most copies, makes the publisher happy and makes them also alot of money.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

If you have the luxury of not giving a shit as you have enough money to do so you can start writing whatever the fuck you want and go under like the titanic with it. The publisher drops you, the fans drop you like a hot potato and your income drops as well.
Same with games and this dev or any dev. If you wanna make money in the long run show that you can do it better. Be it renders, animations, writing, plot, character depth, sub plot elements, motivations of characters, logical story steps etc.

You should either get writing or reading classes.
What you just wrote negates your own point by explaining there is no point.

If one does not know what you get and you do not care what someone else gets. And in fact it does not matter what anyone gets or does not get. That would mean there is no point to get as the point does not matter.

A perfect example of how good writing like the dev of "elvensang" has goes a long way. And how bad writing is running in circles with alot of words not saying anything in the process.

Well played. Or as you youngsters keep saying. Congratulations you played yourself :ROFLMAO:
1709153095136.png

"If you wish to debate this point with me I can guarantee you will make an absolute fool out of yourself. (first and only warning)"

I agree with you man but this line has got me dying.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
View attachment 3394765

"If you wish to debate this point with me I can guarantee you will make an absolute fool out of yourself. (first and only warning)"

I agree with you man but this line has got me dying.
Well if it made you laugh all the better. :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note however people actually do debate me on this point and fail miserably all the time. It is my own fun park on this board i partake from time to time for my own amusement.

Reactions: weezal

Spuul

Sep 19, 2021
Ok, please noone answer and if you do - do it with spoiler tag:
Is the "incest" mentioned in tags and everywhere else - related to the Sunny? If so - is there some plot twist about the... closenes of ancestry so to speak between the MC and her?
Because IF NOT - it is not incest ffs. And please you should remove it from tags. For those who search for incest - to not disappoint them - and for those like me that exclude those tags from searches - I am REALLLLLLLY enjoying playing this game and if not for MaximMuster recommending it to me personally - I would probably never even seen it's title!
But now even more - the "incest" tag should be dropped fr.
Why should they drop it?

it’s literally an incest game
Wait, maybe it's language/semantics barrier, idk. Incest was always for me:
>if you breed together, your descendant will be... well better not breed
Did it grew to include "not closely blood related" kinships?
That would be stupid af but k I guess. My bad!
I haven't found any incest (even in the broader definition that yall advocate here for) content yet in the game. And I asked here, to which I got a reply:
Are you thinking of inbred cause that has a slightly different meaning. Anyway MC is literally grabbing on his Mothers tits in a not so platonic way seems incestuous to me.
SPOILERS! :D
And yeah, I mean inbred - partially at least.
In my dictionary incest leads to inbred.
If it doesn't lead to inbred, it's not incest.
So a mom giving her son a blowjob is not incest to you? Dad giving a daughter anal sex? Oral sex for either combo or any same sex act between parent and child? None of these are inbreeding, but all are definitely considered incest by most cultures.
I meant relationship, not act.
That makes no sense.
Not being able to read sounds like "you" problem not "me" problem.
Incest = prohibited degree of kinship, here, maybe this will work. Although I suspect you don't understand any of those words beside of "of".
Watching you try to explain your fictitious nonsense is amusing, especially when you resort to ad hominem arguments. That's just weak. Let me help you with some actual definitions:

Merriam-Webster
Incest
: sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry
also: the statutory crime of such a relationship

Intercourse
1: physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person

Nonsense
1b(1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense

Ad hominem
1: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

Your fantasy dictionary is irrelevant to what's actually in the game and your comments are misleading to people trying to understand the content. I'm stopping here to reduce thread clutter, and mostly because you're an irrational time suck, so I'll give you the last word. You seem like the kind of person who needs it.

Oct 21, 2023
Incest : sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry
Are you good pal? I think you chose wrong team by accident.
In your first dictionary quotation you prove the point I am trying so hard to make here:
There is no incest in Elvensang.

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Are you good pal? I think you chose wrong team by accident.
In your first dictionary quotation you prove the point I am trying so hard to make here:
There is no incest in Elvensang.
Afaik, it's a planned tag, so it's justified.

What you really want to be nitpicking is whether incest is prohibited by law in Elvensang universe :D

Oct 21, 2023
What you really want to be nitpicking is whether incest is prohibited by law in Elvensang universe :D
I mean, fair - if that;s how tagging works then I guess I have to surrender.
I can sense there is argument to be made about how due to lower population numbers elves might be inbreeding without any issues known to humans, but I won't try that angle :'D

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
Quite the opposite. One has to expect good writing and gameplay in order to pay money to further invest in a game, book, movie, music.
If no one expects much of such projects no one would pay money would they?

Please do not call the shitty devs authors. That way you also downtalk the dev of this game who in terms of writing is in the top 5% of all games on this board.
I am an author and thats an insult to my profession. There is no opinion in this regard. There are devs who can write on author level and some even above and there are devs who couldn't understand a single sentence from "the tempest" or "faust" if their life would be depending on it.
If you wish to debate this point with me i can guarantee you will make an absolute fool out of yourself. (first and only warning)

You do not speak for all fans either. After almost 30 years in the business i can tell you one thing for certain. "Fans do not know what they want" One side wants this and the other side wants that. Sprinkle on top the rest wants something completely different. What you settle on as a business decision more than once is not what YOU would like but what actually sells most copies, makes the publisher happy and makes them also alot of money.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

If you have the luxury of not giving a shit as you have enough money to do so you can start writing whatever the fuck you want and go under like the titanic with it. The publisher drops you, the fans drop you like a hot potato and your income drops as well.
Same with games and this dev or any dev. If you wanna make money in the long run show that you can do it better. Be it renders, animations, writing, plot, character depth, sub plot elements, motivations of characters, logical story steps etc.

You should either get writing or reading classes.
What you just wrote negates your own point by explaining there is no point.

If one does not know what you get and you do not care what someone else gets. And in fact it does not matter what anyone gets or does not get. That would mean there is no point to get as the point does not matter.

A perfect example of how good writing like the dev of "elvensang" has goes a long way. And how bad writing is running in circles with alot of words not saying anything in the process.

Well played. Or as you youngsters keep saying. Congratulations you played yourself :ROFLMAO:
Yes, that guy doesn't matter and I don't either. And neither do you. Nothing and nobody matters.

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
I just started the game, and stopped on the way home from beginning of the game. Firstly the music is so soothing and made me cry as i was reading the text with mc and his mother, also that father and son scene from beginning, i realized that, new kids will prolly not be able to experience the curiosity we had when there was no internet, all the questions we had. Then on the way home with mc and his mother, their conversation and all, just reminded me of my family, my father and mother is seperated, though now they have children and my father is about to have another, id have 4 siblings by the end of the year. Feeling left out. These days have been too good. Nothing bad is happening. Feels like im about to die. My family is about to be whole to their own now. I feel no purpose. Things have been good these days. I feel ready. Not to be terrible but, im too happy seeing both of them, living a stable life. I feel like i will be the cost. I feel sad for myself, but could never top the happiness i feel for both of them. Tears still coming down. Damn music.

alakanom

Aug 22, 2021
I just started the game, and stopped on the way home from beginning of the game. Firstly the music is so soothing and made me cry as i was reading the text with mc and his mother, also that father and son scene from beginning, i realized that, new kids will prolly not be able to experience the curiosity we had when there was no internet, all the questions we had. Then on the way home with mc and his mother, their conversation and all, just reminded me of my family, my father and mother is seperated, though now they have children and my father is about to have another, id have 4 siblings by the end of the year. Feeling left out. These days have been too good. Nothing bad is happening. Feels like im about to die. My family is about to be whole to their own now. I feel no purpose. Things have been good these days. I feel ready. Not to be terrible but, im too happy seeing both of them, living a stable life. I feel like i will be the cost. I feel sad for myself, but could never top the happiness i feel for both of them. Tears still coming down. Damn music.
I DO NOT wish to be horny anymore i just want to be happy 6a2g1c.jpg

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Lies! If it was true, you would not bother replying ^^
Funny dude i give him that. First points do not matter, now no one matters. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, that guy doesn't matter and I don't either. And neither do you. Nothing and nobody matters.
:unsure: Not even your mama? Thats kinda harsh.

What a good story does to us huh? I had a daughter from my first marriage that i later found out was not my own. The day i got adoption papers from her was one of the best days in my life. Even tough i am not her father by blood she still is my child. Nothing will change that for her or for me. I spare you the details of my divorce back then but it was nasty in which she got used against me in court so i could never see her again. BUT being strong minded and her father cut out from her life at a young age was not enough to keep her away. Once she turned 18 she visited once a month, weekly and to this day she is almost every day at my house showing me my granddaughter and ranting about her husband who still can't beat me in mario kart. :ROFLMAO:

Elvensang reminds me of this special bond whenever i play it. Only 2 other games do that as well. This is due excellent writing and story that triggers emotions in us. Characters with depth we can feel attached to and their own personalities that make them believable.

I wish more people (especially devs) would realize that a good game is not just good renders and "fucky fucky" but characters you can get attached to and a boring story that feels like real life with a bit of excitement on top that helps us blend out reality for a little while. Reading a good book is all about that. And as you experienced yourself once you get that emotional hook in as a writer, the reader can start feeling all kinds of different things. Once Emotions are triggered you will cherish this game or a good story for alot of other reasons that just what was written or read.

Cheers to you and i wish you and your family all the best. (y)

Last edited:

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
A question, are choices independent from each other? In the description it's mentioned that you can choose whether the story is played like a romance or something more depraved, is this done with some sort of morality point system or is it separate flags for each character? I just got to the scene with the cuddling and the mc talks about how pure the love he feels for his mother is even though I believe I picked the choices that would lead to a raunchier description - although to be fair, it could be just me asking for too much at the very first scene and it's always meant to be like that no matter what.

Basically what I'm asking is: could I be domineering in relationships and understanding during moral choices and such or do I have to play as "good" or "evil"?

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
A question, are choices independent from each other? In the description it's mentioned that you can choose whether the story is played like a romance or something more depraved, is this done with some sort of morality point system or is it separate flags for each character? I just got to the scene with the cuddling and the mc talks about how pure the love he feels for his mother is even though I believe I picked the choices that would lead to a raunchier description - although to be fair, it could be just me asking for too much at the very first scene and it's always meant to be like that no matter what.

Basically what I'm asking is: could I be domineering in relationships and understanding during moral choices and such or do I have to play as "good" or "evil"?
imma be real with you dude, the story is pretty much at it's beginning right now there's not be much in the way of that kind of development yet

Hyjifan1212

Nov 19, 2023
Very quality game, went in for a quick wank to only find myself engrossed with the Story, Characters and the World. Only real irk is as a mom-son connoisseur, I've been rejecting as much as possible the other characters to promote that kind of relationship but I recognize the logic of Sunny being the default main love interest. Majority of people wouldn't think of forming an intimate relationship with someone that has raised them, and Sunny has been very close to the MC for a long time and have bonded. And so the relationships the most natural/real out of anything I've experienced on this site so far. Very much looking forward to the next update. Is there any indication of how far along it is? Think last I saw it was 1/2 through script?

Oct 17, 2017
Very quality game, went in for a quick wank to only find myself engrossed with the Story, Characters and the World. Only real irk is as a mom-son connoisseur, I've been rejecting as much as possible the other characters to promote that kind of relationship but I recognize the logic of Sunny being the default main love interest. Majority of people wouldn't think of forming an intimate relationship with someone that has raised them, and Sunny has been very close to the MC for a long time and have bonded. And so the relationships the most natural/real out of anything I've experienced on this site so far. Very much looking forward to the next update. Is there any indication of how far along it is? Think last I saw it was 1/2 through script?
Worlaix is rather silent abt dev logs :mad:, yea yea it's an opened accusation so you know ;)

Tripeldeez

Sep 5, 2022

Sunny (short redheaded elven girl) is the main romantic interest and you're required to maintain some form of relationship with her throughout the game. The purity/depravity aspect comes from how you decide to approach and define that relationship: do you desire to stay "true" to Sunny and make her your one and only, or do your eyes and thoughts start to wander a bit as are introduced to other comely females. Not that pursuing other women necessarily has to be very depraved in itself as your reasoning for it can be clarified and ariculated as well.

In any case the story is still very much in the early stages and while there are already some options and choices that set the stage for relationship definement, the impact (forseen or unforseen) of those choices remains quite a ways off.

As for the relationship with the mother, that is meant to be a slow-moving, slow-burning progression. You aren't going to go from some raunchy cuddling straight to drilling the daylights out of her. And yeah, that's only the first scene of many future scenes.

I don't know what room there is for the protaganist to be domineering in relationships. Based on some of Sunny's content and her personality, there seem to be avenues for him to throw his weight around with her, but stuff like that wouldn't fly with the mother for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who understands her view of her son and the role she plays in his life.

"Good versus evil" will probably less of a thing than "selfishness vs selflessness" according to what I've heard from the developer and honestly that distinction ought to make for a far more compelling story. We're not setting out to destroy an ancient evil, we're looking out for the interests of our family and ourselves and those interests aren't always in alignment with the "greater good" of the rest of the region and people in it.

Reactions: sartre4366

Hyjifan1212

Nov 19, 2023
I don't know what room there is for the protaganist to be domineering in relationships. Based on some of Sunny's content and her personality, there seem to be avenues for him to throw his weight around with her, but stuff like that wouldn't fly with the mother for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who understands her view of her son and the role she plays in his life.
I don't know, I feel like there is a potential of being domineering towards the mother too in that, in her love of him,she seems to allow him to take charge or lead in situations of intimacy between the two. Though ultimately she seems to be the prime instigator, I believe she just has a heighten sense of being free if it feels right.

Tripeldeez

Sep 5, 2022
You don't have to be 'domineering' to take the lead or assert oneself in a relationship to reasonable extents. I guess when I think of a domineering person in their approach to personal or romantic relations, I think of someone who seeks to lead the other by the nose, making choices for them, and exerting pressure and/or influence on them commensurate with a disparity in power.

Doriel is not his mother's equal and that dynamic likely doesn't change even after he starts feeling her up and progresses eventually to sliding his snake through her grass. I don't think Doriel can be 'domineering' towards his mother for this reason, but that doesn't mean he can't avail himself of his own agency and take the lead when appropriate.

That said, for all the authority she projects, Ana is a *very* soft touch when it comes to her son and has a massive soft spot for him. It should theoretically be pretty easy for him to get his way if he worked his filial charms over her well enough.

But the relationship with Ana hasn't even really begun yet so who knows what we'll see, hence my equivocal response. Count me among those who want Doriel to be able to eagerly and enthusiastically show his mother his love under more equitable terms, even as she holds the reigns loosely and lovingly in her hand.

sartre4366

Mar 2, 2023
Watching you try to explain your fictitious nonsense is amusing, especially when you resort to ad hominem arguments. That's just weak. Let me help you with some actual definitions:

Merriam-Webster
Incest
: sexual intercourse between persons so closely related that they are forbidden by law to marry

Intercourse
1: physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person

Nonsense
1b(1): language, conduct, or an idea that is absurd or contrary to good sense

Ad hominem
1: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

Your fantasy dictionary is irrelevant to what's actually in the game and your comments are misleading to people trying to understand the content. I'm stopping here to reduce thread clutter, and mostly because you're an irrational time suck, so I'll give you the last word. You seem like the kind of person who needs it.
Reading that guy's comments can be summed up as 'Least Unhinged Redditor'

• Haha
Reactions: Robotai and weezal
4.50 star(s) 67 Votes