HTML - Echoes of the Curse [Ep.3 v0.3] [The Twist]

1. 2.00 star(s)

AssimilatedGiraffe

The review below unfortunately hits the nail on the head, which is incredibly disappointing since the premise of the game is genuinely interesting.

The dialogue is decent, and there is some actual mystery involved. This had the potential to tell a very engaging story. However, where it all falls apart is in the "gameplay", which is just... bizarre. Clicking a "timed" event to gain points which you can spend to do activities which consists of clicking another "timed" event to gain more points which can be used to unlock tiny scenes which increases certain stats. Over and over and over again.

Also, there is no actual sandbox to speak of. You just gotta navigate to different rooms in the house to do the previously timed clicking "game" to get more points.

Unfortunately, the game game consists of a good idea and premise, executed quite badly. This needs a full revamp from the ground up to have any sort of chance of becoming decent. Either it needs to be a traditional visual novel, or the sandbox needs to be heavily revised.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Golden Twink

This is... just an absolute mess. I don't even know where to begin.

The "gameplay" is insanely boring, if you can even call it that. All you do is go around doing "events" and clicking at a certain time to get the maximum amount of stones to then just go to a set location in your "Quest" menu to get a scene randomly (which takes a ridiculous amount of grinding to even be able to unlock)

You don't actually control anything or do anything. There's no actual gameplay. I want to call this a resource management game but it's not even that as there's no actual management aspect... I'm very confused what the point of this even is. It's not fun, it's not engaging, and it's just... not enjoyable in any way.

Stay clear of this, I don't say this lightly; This "game" is just a complete waste of time.