• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 14 Votes

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
is it bad that i want there to be a good end where you fuck the villaness pregnant?
I feel you! :ROFLMAO:

Great game so far!

I have some minor bugs I have encountered:
1: Losing a fight against Elena results in a crash
2: Refusing to fight against Seraphina results in a crash

Some suggestions I am sure others have already pointed out.
-Could you make every card a collectible that can be picked up only once.
-Could you make it so we can save a deck? I tend to use the same cards every battle. Maybe there is a deeper element where we could see the opponents deck before the battle so picking different cards made more sense?

Below the crash logs:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'sideroad'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 7390, in script
File "*Path*\renpy\ast.py", line 1698, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "*Path*\renpy\script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'sideroad'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Echoes 0.2.5b
Sat Apr 27 13:00:11 2024

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'gamelosselena'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "engine.rpyc", line 126, in script
File "*Path*\ast.py", line 1698, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "*Path*\renpy\script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'gamelosselena'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Echoes 0.2.5b
Sat Apr 27 13:01:45 2024
Thanks for raising this, will fix it!

You Dev, about the inconsistancy issues:

1) When making new art be sure to copy the SEED number the generator used.

2) Copy and paste that into your next image.

I've got a more lengthy explaination over in the Strive Conquest thread (page 206).
No offense, but I know how seeding works, that's the basic and it's far from what you are describing. Generating depends of a lot of external factors. If you are using Lora's, what model you are using, if you are using SD 1.5 or XL, the resolution, etc
On SD 1.5, and with the current models/lora's I use, using the same seed does not mantain the level of consistency you are talking about. The only solution is to manual edit them on myself on photoshop.

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Oh-ho-oh
The echoes of eternity
Oh-ho-oh
Valhalla Vagina calling me
Oh-ho-oh
To pluck the strings cards of destiny
Oh-ho-oh

• Haha
Reactions: DeviantDreamsGames

egokrat

Feb 7, 2018
Question about the sandbox village part:
The patchnotes say "inifinite" sandbox days but when I playedI was thrown into the next plot phase at day 11 (I think) without any way to prevent that.
Do you have to avoid a certain place/encounter or what triggers that?
Because I really would have liked to roam the village more but I am also not going to start a new game for that now.

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Question about the sandbox village part:
The patchnotes say "inifinite" sandbox days but when I playedI was thrown into the next plot phase at day 11 (I think) without any way to prevent that.
Do you have to avoid a certain place/encounter or what triggers that?
Because I really would have liked to roam the village more but I am also not going to start a new game for that now.
Yes, you have to avoid talking with Mara at night on the tavern. As long as you decide not to talk to her, the game/main storyline will not progress and you can keep strolling around town.
I give a warning on text format when you are presented with the choice, but maybe it's easible missiable, I probably should do a prompt just before the option to select talking with her.

egokrat

Feb 7, 2018
Yes, you have to avoid talking with Mara at night on the tavern. As long as you decide not to talk to her, the game/main storyline will not progress and you can keep strolling around town.
I give a warning on text format when you are presented with the choice, but maybe it's easible missiable, I probably should do a prompt just before the option to select talking with her.
Ah I see, thanks for the quick reply. Putting it on the choice (or a small double check a la "this choice will start chapter 2, are you certain?") is a good idea, yes.
I don't even remember having a choice with that as I mostly remember her bumping into me on her own when returning to the tavern at night but maybe I missed it in that moment.
From what I understand the new version will need a new start anyway so I'll probably hop on the Patreon to get 0.26 and try a new run from that.

• Red Heart

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
wait, i have to redo all of it?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - (DIES)
Yep unfortunately. I'm changing the way I'm coding it, so in the future I think I will be able to release full compatible versions(it's the goal)

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Yep unfortunately. I'm changing the way I'm coding it, so in the future I think I will be able to release full compatible versions(it's the goal)
Well that's good to know, hope it pans out. Replaying content due to non-compatability can get daunting after 5-10 releases worth of content. You can only play 5-20 hours worth of content (attempting to get everything currently in it) over again so many times. Lol

Something causes me to have to play from the begining 5 years into a project. The walkthrough is on step 1500....nah, I'm good. I'll come back if it completes. (Already went through that when The Twist was giving me a blue screen of death with a corrupted save and a branching story path I hadn't taken so asking for a save wouldn't solve things anyways...I'm not salty).

Sidenote: don't make a branching path that has an alternate 5 years worth of updates and content. If that's the case, make it accessible through a side-quest you can start at any time...thank you.
In the final version, if you want to erase that and truly make it a choice, fine, but not during production where your audience is having to replay through said choice to see all the content.

Hans Zuchter

Nov 21, 2021
No offense, but I know how seeding works, that's the basic and it's far from what you are describing. Generating depends of a lot of external factors. If you are using Lora's, what model you are using, if you are using SD 1.5 or XL, the resolution, etc On SD 1.5, and with the current models/lora's I use, using the same seed does not mantain the level of consistency you are talking about.
I see you've done your homework! Yes, you are correct in this and it is indeed a big pain the ass - though seeding is obviously the starting point from which everything else is layered on top of. Glad to see that you're already ahead of the curve on this. (y)

• Red Heart

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I have not read all 22 pages of comments, so maybe some of this has been addressed. I played the game for about half an hour this morning so I have not gotten very far into the story. I did see comments about the difficulty of the card game. At least initially, it seems very difficult. In the games I played I always went first which seems like a huge disadvantage. My opponent starts with one point. I play first and now it is a tie. My opponent plays next and always has a card that can capture my card even when I try to place my card in the corner to protect the lower numbers. At this point my opponent leads three to zero. It seems like it just goes back and forth trading the lead, and I can only hope that my final card can capture enough of her cards to win. There doesn't seem to be any real strategy at all.

The game has a romance tag, but so far there does not seem to be a chance for romance since the LI's have sex with you for winning a card game. That would also imply that the LI's are having sex with any other man that wins at cards. I would expect that there would be a line of men at the tavern all with their decks hanging out waiting for a game with Anya. It seems that she is not so shy since she was willing to give MC a blow job in front of all the other patrons. Since she is the easiest to defeat, it's possible that she has had sex with a couple of hundred men. Later it turns out that some of the other LI's are prostitutes. I'm just not seeing any romance. To me, it's more of an NTR game where you don't see your LI's having sex with other men.

Reactions: Lucid Lancer

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I have not read all 22 pages of comments, so maybe some of this has been addressed. I played the game for about half an hour this morning so I have not gotten very far into the story. I did see comments about the difficulty of the card game. At least initially, it seems very difficult. In the games I played I always went first which seems like a huge disadvantage. My opponent starts with one point. I play first and now it is a tie. My opponent plays next and always has a card that can capture my card even when I try to place my card in the corner to protect the lower numbers. At this point my opponent leads three to zero. It seems like it just goes back and forth trading the lead, and I can only hope that my final card can capture enough of her cards to win. There doesn't seem to be any real strategy at all.

The game has a romance tag, but so far there does not seem to be a chance for romance since the LI's have sex with you for winning a card game. That would also imply that the LI's are having sex with any other man that wins at cards. I would expect that there would be a line of men at the tavern all with their decks hanging out waiting for a game with Anya. It seems that she is not so shy since she was willing to give MC a blow job in front of all the other patrons. Since she is the easiest to defeat, it's possible that she has had sex with a couple of hundred men. Later it turns out that some of the other LI's are prostitutes. I'm just not seeing any romance. To me, it's more of an NTR game where you don't see your LI's having sex with other men.
A good tactic when going first is to place a card that you find is easy to recapture since you figure it will always get captured. Also try and place so you can manipulate the AI into situations where you can double capture. It doesn't always work, but it has a pretty high rate than banking on keeping your initial first card. I've played WAY to much triple triad amongst multiple titles. I have not lost in this game once, but I occasionally tie when I bite off more than I can chew with my card selection.

As for the other piece, I think it states that your mana is higher than most and so winning the way you do isn't common place. Due to others not having the mana capacity to use the rarer cards. This is supported a bit by the fact that the girls haven't lost enough to have the rarer cards of the bat. The sex through losses is supposed to boost their mana and allow them rarer cards...something like that.
As for any of that being based on romance more than lust...jury's out. I'll let the story develop a bit more before I make a final judgement if any of these girls find romantic feelings for the MC or are just confusing romantic love with borderline brainwashing from drowning in horny lustful feelings via rarer card use that they can't experience with any other run of the mill male.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
A good tactic when going first is to place a card that you find is easy to recapture since you figure it will always get captured. Also try and place so you can manipulate the AI into situations where you can double capture. It doesn't always work, but it has a pretty high rate than banking on keeping your initial first card. I've played WAY to much triple triad amongst multiple titles. I have not lost in this game once, but I occasionally tie when I bite off more than I can chew with my card selection.

As for the other piece, I think it states that your mana is higher than most and so winning the way you do isn't common place. Due to others not having the mana capacity to use the rarer cards. This is supported a bit by the fact that the girls haven't lost enough to have the rarer cards of the bat. The sex through losses is supposed to boost their mana and allow them rarer cards...something like that.
As for any of that being based on romance more than lust...jury's out. I'll let the story develop a bit more before I make a final judgement if any of these girls find romantic feelings for the MC or are just confusing romantic love with borderline brainwashing from drowning in horny lustful feelings via rarer card use that they can't experience with any other run of the mill male.
I don't know if I buy that last part. I think Anya mentions something about it being commonplace for people to have sex out in the open. The one male opponent I faced won the second time we played. If the losses make players stronger, the men could not lose indefinitely. Finally, no one is going to go to a whore house if they just hand over their money and never have sex.

As for the card game, I cheated and gave myself 100,000 gold so I could buy all the gold cards.

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
I don't know if I buy that last part. I think Anya mentions something about it being commonplace for people to have sex out in the open. The one male opponent I faced won the second time we played. If the losses make players stronger, the men could not lose indefinitely. Finally, no one is going to go to a whore house if they just hand over their money and never have sex.

As for the card game, I cheated and gave myself 100,000 gold so I could buy all the gold cards.
It's like Yevaud6 explained. The game really maps that out. The sex after winning is not mandatory, for example if you win vs Maeve she even teases you if you were expecting something. The girls are more enfatuated with the MC due to his unique abilities. Anya says it is common place to have sex in public but she doesn't say she has had previously.

It is also explained that not everyone is a pure card duelist. The girls that you meet are pure players, so they are leagues above the average player. The mana for an average player (non pure duelist) is very low and triggers zero emotions on them.

As for the "whore house" as you mention." Isla also maps that part. You are not paying for sex, you are paying for a chance to play versus them. Sex is never mentioned, altough you as the mc, once again have that "pull" that makes them desire you.

As for romance, i've already addressed this. In this initial phase, you are building the relationships. You notice some evolution with some characters as the story goes by, but we are still very early in the game. There will be an update to the romance screens at some point that will allow you to track how you stand with each character.

Reactions: Jazzgeoff

Northwood

Oct 27, 2021
First of all, thanks for creating such an enjoyable game. I'm usually not a fan of deck-building, but this one is quite good and I eagerly await the next update. Additionally, while opinions on AI art vary, I find it works well as you've applied it here.

Now, having just finished my first play though (version 2.5), I have a few thoughts and suggestions--do with them what you will as I clearly can't say what your ultimate design plans might be.

So, in no particular order:

1) Especially as the deck gets larger, being able to save five cards to a quick-slot would be really nice.

2) When playing a character multiple times it would be nice to see which victory cards were chosen in prior rounds--I've ended up with duplicates I would rather have not had.

3) Could duplicate cards be stacked to save space?

4) Given that the art is nice, it would be fantastic if it were possible to examine individual cards more closely.

5) The 'Done' button fully exits the quest tracker/romance menu, rather than going up a level. Not a real issue, but maybe an additional 'Back' function would help navigation?

6) Mouse wheel roll back for dialog. I'm guessing it was disabled to keep folks from messing with the card game, but it's sorely missed when I double-click on accident skip a dialog.

Thanks again for creating something special.

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
First of all, thanks for creating such an enjoyable game. I'm usually not a fan of deck-building, but this one is quite good and I eagerly await the next update. Additionally, while opinions on AI art vary, I find it works well as you've applied it here.

Now, having just finished my first play though (version 2.5), I have a few thoughts and suggestions--do with them what you will as I clearly can't say what your ultimate design plans might be.

So, in no particular order:

1) Especially as the deck gets larger, being able to save five cards to a quick-slot would be really nice.

2) When playing a character multiple times it would be nice to see which victory cards were chosen in prior rounds--I've ended up with duplicates I would rather have not had.

3) Could duplicate cards be stacked to save space?

4) Given that the art is nice, it would be fantastic if it were possible to examine individual cards more closely.

5) The 'Done' button fully exits the quest tracker/romance menu, rather than going up a level. Not a real issue, but maybe an additional 'Back' function would help navigation?

6) Mouse wheel roll back for dialog. I'm guessing it was disabled to keep folks from messing with the card game, but it's sorely missed when I double-click on accident skip a dialog.

Thanks again for creating something special.
Thanks for the feedback!

For the next release I'm working already on the save the deck option. I also want to end duplicates so I have to see how I can do it. I think it's best to avoid having them since in theory you can only play a copy of each card.

I'll also have a look at the done button for the romance, maybe add a back and have the done available also for quick exit

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
It's like Yevaud6 explained. The game really maps that out. The sex after winning is not mandatory, for example if you win vs Maeve she even teases you if you were expecting something. The girls are more enfatuated with the MC due to his unique abilities. Anya says it is common place to have sex in public but she doesn't say she has had previously.

It is also explained that not everyone is a pure card duelist. The girls that you meet are pure players, so they are leagues above the average player. The mana for an average player (non pure duelist) is very low and triggers zero emotions on them.

As for the "whore house" as you mention." Isla also maps that part. You are not paying for sex, you are paying for a chance to play versus them. Sex is never mentioned, altough you as the mc, once again have that "pull" that makes them desire you.

As for romance, i've already addressed this. In this initial phase, you are building the relationships. You notice some evolution with some characters as the story goes by, but we are still very early in the game. There will be an update to the romance screens at some point that will allow you to track how you stand with each character.
I frequently post on what sells and what doesn't. That is not what this is. I have no idea what content that players who choose AI games might like or dislike. My comments here solely reflect my own opinions. Your game has been out for about 3.5 months and is already making over $900/month on Patreon, that's very respectable. On to the comments.

I think that it is disingenuous to say the Courtesan House is not a brothel.

cour·te·san
/ˈkôrdəˌzan,ˈkôrdəz(ə)n/

noun
(mainly in historical contexts) a , especially one with or clients.
"they diverted their remaining funds into frequenting courtesans"

MC goes into the house and is greeted by "the madam". She tells him about the girls available. He goes to the bedroom of the girl he chooses. He plays cards. If he wins, he has the option to have sex. What is the motivation to pay money to play cards if sex is not on the table? The outcome is uncertain. For the same or less money anyone can buy cards at the card shop. You can't really claim that the high price is paid just for the girl's company. Fifty pieces of gold is a pretty steep price for the 5 minutes it takes to play the game. How would the place stay in business? And what Ilsa says is "The winner takes all, and the loser is at the mercy of the victor's desires." Clearly she means the girl has sex with the winner.

As far as the sex in public, I think you would get more complaints about it if the scene depicted was that of MC having sex with these women while others watched. I think you get a pass because the scene just shows MC and the girl having sex with no one else around them which supposedly is not what is actually occurring.

You mentioned that not everyone is a pure card duelist, okay, but there seems to be no shortage of pure duelists in town. I think there's at least half a dozen in the tavern, three in the brothel and more scattered about town.

Yes, there is one woman that finally says no. MC went through a lot of women to get to her. I just seems to me that my choices are:

1) MC has a magic cock like the ones that get so many complaints in other games.
2) MC's mana is overwhelming these women and it's kind of like mind control which I've always considered kind of rapey.
3) Most of the girl's are slutty and willing to drop their panties for a guy they just met.

If MC's mana gets strong enough, will male duelists want to have sex him when they lose a card battle?

Lastly, I would prefer to develop a romantic relationship with a character with whom I have not already developed a sexual relationship. At this point, that's a pretty small number of female charters.

I do like the art work and the element of the card game. I do agree with the poster that it would be nice to see a full screen image of the cards. I just wish that sex was an element of the game that was not tied to the card game.

Last edited:

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I frequently post on what sells and what doesn't. That is not what this is. I have no idea what content that players who choose AI games might like or dislike. My comments here solely reflect my own opinions. Your game has been out for about 3.5 months and is already making over $900/month on Patreon, that's very respectable. On to the comments.

I think that it is disingenuous to say the Courtesan House is not a brothel.

cour·te·san
/ˈkôrdəˌzan,ˈkôrdəz(ə)n/

noun
(mainly in historical contexts) a , especially one with or clients.
"they diverted their remaining funds into frequenting courtesans"

MC goes into the house and is greeted by "the madam". She tells him about the girls available. He goes to the bedroom of the girl he chooses. He plays cards. If he wins, he has the option to have sex. What is the motivation to pay money to play cards if sex is not on the table? The outcome is uncertain. For the same or less money anyone can buy cards at the card shop. You can't really claim that the high price is paid just for the girl's company. Fifty pieces of gold is a pretty steep price for the 5 minutes it takes to play the game. How would the place stay in business? And what Ilsa says is "The winner takes all, and the loser is at the mercy of the victor's desires." Clearly she means the girl has sex with the winner.

As far as the sex in public, I think you would get more complaints about it if the scene depicted was that of MC having sex with these women while others watched. I think you get a pass because the scene just shows MC and the girl having sex with no one else around them which supposedly is not what is actually occurring.

You mentioned that not everyone is a pure card duelist, okay, but there seems to be no shortage of pure duelists in town. I think there's at least half a dozen in the tavern, three in the brothel and more scattered about town.

Yes, there is one woman that finally says no. MC went through a lot of women to get to her. I just seems to me that my choices are:

1) MC has a magic cock like the ones that get so many complaints in other games.
2) MC's mana is overwhelming these women and it's kind of like mind control which I've always considered kind of rapey.
3) Most of the girl's are slutty and willing to drop their panties for a guy they just met.

If MC's mana gets strong enough, will male duelists want to have sex him when they lose a card battle?

Lastly, I would prefer to develop a romantic relationship with a character with whom I have not already developed a sexual relationship. At this point, that's a pretty small number of female charters.

I do like the art work and the element of the card game. I do agree with the poster that it would be nice to see a full screen image of the cards. I just wish that sex was an element of the game that was not tied to the card game.
I appreciate you want to apply a fool-proof complete logic to the game, but I think to fully write a bulletproof dialogue at the beginning, or even throughout isn't worth the time it takes to program it. The mechanic to get scenes is to win againts the girls. The dev has constructed a in world reason for it. The participants have the option not to engage in sex even if you win, so in world, falling in love and having sex the normal way is totally an option.
You can fan fic or theory craft about the world and it's mechanics all day, but to have that added and explained further in game... I don't know if it will do better for the game itself or the time it would take to go back and add it in.

I do like the thought of being able to romance girls outside of the card game, but that would be coding in a completely seperate romance system and mechanic. Again, WAY more coding, at that point you might as well be playing a completely different game. Throw a stone on this site and you'll hit one.

I like your passion, and I don't want you to stop posting your thoughts; but I've seen it happen too many times where a dev completely changes their vision and tries to incorperate too much to please everyone, and then gets burned out or loses passion for their project. So this response is not just for you, but also for DeviantDreamsGames.

Ptahn said the following in so many words as well, but I want to reiderate: Don't feel obligated to incorperate in every piece of advise, these are only opinions. Soft magic systems that don't explain every last detail are in many successful fantasies. Over-explaining can be detrimental and allowing the audience to fill in the gaps they don't understand or them ignore small holes is fine. Don't over tax yourself or add to many extra details to your "to-do list". At some point, you're game might transform into an overcomplicated mess that you don't recognize or want to deal with, instead of the vision you had in mind that people where enjoying in the first place.

Keep going, you're doing great. Can't wait for the public release of 2.6

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I appreciate you want to apply a fool-proof complete logic to the game, but I think to fully write a bulletproof dialogue at the beginning, or even throughout isn't worth the time it takes to program it. The mechanic to get scenes is to win againts the girls. The dev has constructed a in world reason for it. The participants have the option not to engage in sex even if you win, so in world, falling in love and having sex the normal way is totally an option.
You can fan fic or theory craft about the world and it's mechanics all day, but to have that added and explained further in game... I don't know if it will do better for the game itself or the time it would take to go back and add it in.

I do like the thought of being able to romance girls outside of the card game, but that would be coding in a completely seperate romance system and mechanic. Again, WAY more coding, at that point you might as well be playing a completely different game. Throw a stone on this site and you'll hit one.

I like your passion, and I don't want you to stop posting your thoughts; but I've seen it happen too many times where a dev completely changes their vision and tries to incorperate too much to please everyone, and then gets burned out or loses passion for their project. So this response is not just for you, but also for DeviantDreamsGames.

Ptahn said the following in so many words as well, but I want to reiderate: Don't feel obligated to incorperate in every piece of advise, these are only opinions. Soft magic systems that don't explain every last detail are in many successful fantasies. Over-explaining can be detrimental and allowing the audience to fill in the gaps they don't understand or them ignore small holes is fine. Don't over tax yourself or add to many extra details to your "to-do list". At some point, you're game might transform into an overcomplicated mess that you don't recognize or want to deal with, instead of the vision you had in mind that people where enjoying in the first place.

Keep going, you're doing great. Can't wait for the public release of 2.6
I wasn't trying to apply fool-proof logic to the game. Generally, I allow porn games a lot of leeway when it comes to logic. I went to such lengths because I made my first post about what I did not like about the game and the developer responded by saying my opinions were invalid because the game already explained away my concerns. For example, trying to say the "whore house" wasn't really a whore house based on Isla's explanation. You and I and everyone else knows it's a whore house. DeviantDreamsGames knows it's a whore house. Even Isla knows it's a whore house. The point of my second post was to push back on DDG's attempt to invalidate my perceptions of the game.

You are right though in saying that these were only my opinions. I believe that I went out of my way to say that I was not suggesting any changes, I was not asking for any changes and that I did not speak for anyone other than myself. I even pointed out that so far, this game has been very successful.

Reactions: Yevaud6
4.20 star(s) 14 Votes