4.20 star(s) 14 Votes

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
As for the sentences, you are right! I myself notice that I tend to do that a lot, more of a personal taste but I get that it gets a lot of clickity click. I'll start to adapt the shorter sentences to bigger ones! Thanks for the feedback!

Personally I think you're doing an amazing job!
I think this is your first game? Certainly better than I could do.
If you look at this game vs other first timers I'd say you are certainly
toward the top of the heap...

just make sure you take a day off occasionally so you don't get burnt out!

Cheers

Pawglov

Dec 20, 2023
Great game!

I had some questions about a couple of things though. I was wondering about the red S's on the demon girls cards but I already see the explanation for that. Another type of card I was wondering about though is the different looking cards you win if you beat Brin the second time, for instance the 8/8/2/1 card. Is that just a bug in the layout or does that card have a different mechanic?

Finally I was wondering if either 'choosing' Astrid or Seraphina on Day 1 mean you can't play against the other 1 ever. When I choose to go for Seraphine I don't seem to run into Astrid anymore, not sure if the reverse is also true. Or is there a way to 'reconnect' with Astrid if you don't go for her Day 1?
EDIT: I just saw there has been a change in version 0.2.4 and you no longer meet Astrid on Day 1 but Elara, who you can also play against in the courtesan's palace. Does Astrid no longer exist?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Melmoth99

pewpewnutstudios

Aug 19, 2018
Unfortunately I've stumbled across a bunch of bugs on version 2.5 on mac, a few of which have made playing through the first day impossible. I've been getting a random brown screen after visiting vendors, then this if I manage to skip time to avoid them:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/cg buycards.png') at 0x7ff483579a00>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/cg buycards.png'.

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Unfortunately I've stumbled across a bunch of bugs on version 2.5 on mac, a few of which have made playing through the first day impossible. I've been getting a random brown screen after visiting vendors, then this if I manage to skip time to avoid them:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/cg buycards.png') at 0x7ff483579a00>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/cg buycards.png'.
Strange. I had no reports of such an issue. Did you experience similar issues on 0.2.4?

pewpewnutstudios

Aug 19, 2018
After beating Elena
Strange. I had no reports of such an issue. Did you experience similar issues on 0.2.4?
No uses with it whatsoever. I tried everything I could think of, deleting the saves, moving the app to a different location...

One bug is when I click on the treasure chest icon on the top.

The ('images/cg buycards.png') error always appears.

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
After beating Elena

No uses with it whatsoever. I tried everything I could think of, deleting the saves, moving the app to a different location...

One bug is when I click on the treasure chest icon on the top.

The ('images/cg buycards.png') error always appears.
Damn, that's really weird. Can you take a screenshot of the error and send me through DM or discord?

Reactions: pewpewnutstudios

Jaspion

Apr 29, 2017
Just played the free version, and the game is really fun. Don't know how you plan to balance the game but i thought that you could put weights on the card rarity and a weight limit for the 5 card deck you use. So you wont just use 5 legendary or epic cards every time. Otherwise you probably wont even consider using silver or gold cards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeviantDreamsGames

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Issue on mac was due to a wrong compression made for itch.io. Issue is now fixed for both pc and mac! Sorry for any inconvenience!

Just played the free version, and the game is really fun. Don't know how you plan to balance the game but i thought that you could put weights on the card rarity and a weight limit for the 5 card deck you use. So you wont just use 5 legendary or epic cards every time. Otherwise you probably wont even consider using silver or gold cards.
There was a similar request just not too long ago. I'll definitely consider it. It might actually help me balance out the game/power creep and make it more strategic and less play big card and win :)

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Great game!

I had some questions about a couple of things though. I was wondering about the red S's on the demon girls cards but I already see the explanation for that. Another type of card I was wondering about though is the different looking cards you win if you beat Brin the second time, for instance the 8/8/2/1 card. Is that just a bug in the layout or does that card have a different mechanic?

Finally I was wondering if either 'choosing' Astrid or Seraphina on Day 1 mean you can't play against the other 1 ever. When I choose to go for Seraphine I don't seem to run into Astrid anymore, not sure if the reverse is also true. Or is there a way to 'reconnect' with Astrid if you don't go for her Day 1?
EDIT: I just saw there has been a change in version 0.2.4 and you no longer meet Astrid on Day 1 but Elara, who you can also play against in the courtesan's palace. Does Astrid no longer exist?
Sorry! I missed your Astrid question. If you are playing 0.2.4 you see her in the side streets on day 2 or day 6 if I'm not mistaken. If you are on 0.2.5 you just need to check the side streets ocasionally as she pops out there often :)

Pawglov

Dec 20, 2023
Sorry! I missed your Astrid question. If you are playing 0.2.4 you see her in the side streets on day 2 or day 6 if I'm not mistaken. If you are on 0.2.5 you just need to check the side streets ocasionally as she pops out there often :)
Thanks for the response. That leaves my other 2 questions though:
1. If you help Elara on day 1, how do you meet Seraphine? Can you just run into her in the gardens?
2. What's up with those different bordered cards you can win against Brin when you play her the second time?

xenrevk

Jun 4, 2020
I think this game has potential, but would like to note a couple of things;

- I find the dialogue to be very long winded to the point where I kinda lose interest and just click through it, condensing it quite a bit would be nice. Most conversations feel like they should have ended halfway through.
- The lack of a back button is a bit frustrating, and causes me to miss alot of things because of the above.
- The card game seems very rng and starting cards too under-powered to have any consistancy or progression without save scumming af.
- I think the game progresses way too fast. Having some time to explore, get more cards and understand the world would make me like it alot more. Or at least the option to. Maybe some battles/events/actions could not consume a time unit, and events be tied to a trigger instead of a day?
- Some indication about what difficulty a fight is before you accept one, would be very nice.
- Likewise, some indication of what fights you should be aiming for at your current level would also be very nice.

Just my personal opinion and feedback though, do what you want with it

DeviantDreamsGames

Game Developer
Jan 7, 2024
Thanks for the response. That leaves my other 2 questions though:
1. If you help Elara on day 1, how do you meet Seraphine? Can you just run into her in the gardens?
2. What's up with those different bordered cards you can win against Brin when you play her the second time?
If you skip Seraphina on day 1 you will meet her again on day 6, or at day 7 at the day of the town attack.

- I think the game progresses way too fast. Having some time to explore, get more cards and understand the world would make me like it alot more. Or at least the option to. Maybe some battles/events/actions could not consume a time unit, and events be tied to a trigger instead of a day?
Just my personal opinion and feedback though, do what you want with it
This issue has already been dealt with. Version 0.2.5 doesn't progress until you decide to advance on the main story line, you have endless days before you decide to advance.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
How are things going DDG?
Have you been able to at least take a nap yet? lol

Have a good one!

4.20 star(s) 14 Votes