Others - Dungeons & Strangers [v0.2] [Inyoke Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

WatchWaitWhisper

Reviewing 0.2. This game is a lot (to process, not content wise) but I think it can be summarized as: bad, but in a way I'd be tempted to recommend purely for how varyingly and engagingly bad it is. The opening section with the fairy you could tell me was gameplay footage from an old point and click (until the 'sex scene', though it is immensely charitable to call it that) and I'd buy it, it had that specific feeling of non sequitur dream logic. The graphics are low resolution. The dialogue feels like it was written by someone not terribly familiar with english, or fed through google translate, but this if anything improves what would otherwise be bog standard slop into something interestingly bad. It's all been lumped into a single exe, and whichever system was used, it was the worst possible choice I've seen. Pressing C initiates dialogue. Pressing C again immediately closes dialogue, you have to press X to continue it, until you come to a dialogue choice... when you need to press enter to select one. This is not the only mechanical error, nor the worst, it's just the first one I found, immediately after being unceremoniously dumped into the world. All in all I would rate this experience as a sort of morbid enjoyment, though by all rights it should be one star I'm giving it two for that alone.