• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
So, I guess there is just battle after battle and make yourself stronger, before you get to the sex stuff. I've been battling quite a while and I had sex once in my room. I haven't even kissed a girl since. So he battles, goes to sleep, and battles again. He was told at the start to go to the church to get a blessing to deal with slime, I think. But, the church is not accessible. There is no socializing. I was hoping he could go to the tavern and meet one of his lady friends or at least grope a barmaid. So, I can only assume, he only gets to get giggy when he gets stronger. Whenever that is.
As he gets stronger, does the Angel get stronger too? Sometimes, she gets knocked out with one hit.
Love the game, by the way, I was up pretty much all night unable to put it down. The artwork is beautiful.
As you can see it is still a very early version, 0.11 has a total of 10 sex scenes to be found, most for defeating enemies or losing to them(slime, slime trio, Vilith(futanari demon), goblin layer). As part of the main story there is only the tutorial scene and the half goblin girl inside the dungeon.

Summons increase in power with your level and your leadership which is increased by your charisma. There is also the option once you reach level two, you can increase the number of summons you can have active at the same time to 3 or stay with 2 but all your summons get a 33% boost in most of their stats.

What do the different stats even do?
One of the options in the top menu is basically a in game wiki and you can see what eath stat does in there.

Last edited:

YeetMeister1

May 29, 2019
I don't know if this is just a precaution to avoid people jumping multiple levels when new content is added, but right now, the EXP gain after reaching level 1 is just too low. Especially compared to the EXP lost for a respawn. Fighting like 30 battles to gain 100 EXP, only to lose it all after losing a single night fight is too much. I've been save scumming every fight to even have a chance at having a net gain of EXP over time.

And if you can go higher than level 1 already, when does it happen? I'm sitting on 367 EXP right now while expecting to get a level up first at 100 EXP, then 150, then 200, then 300, but it just never happened.

As you can see it is still a very early version, 0.11 has a total of 10 sex scenes to be found, most for defeating enemies or losing to them(slime, slime trio, Vilith(futanari demon), goblin layer). As part of the main story there is only the tutorial scene and the half goblin girl inside the dungeon.
Of those 10 Sex scenes, I myself have found 6, presumably 7 if the Blowjob on a loss against Vilith actually has a scene. Even if neither the blowjob nor the anal scene have content at this point, the option to select should still be open on defeat at least two times. That way the player can actually know whether or not they missed a scene by picking the "wrong" option.
I picked anal on my first loss against Vilith and now I just can't tell if the game locks in to give you that scene every time you lose after that, which shouldn't be the case anyway, or if neither loss options have scenes at this point.

Lastly, a "Forfeit Battle" or "Surrender" button should be added. At least when there's a fuckable opponent. While I probably wouldn't use it much, having the option to reexperience loss scenes after you've become too powerful to lose to certain opponents, even if you try, would be nice.
Same goes for an option to "flee" a battle in case things get hairy (in a bad way).

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I don't know if this is just a precaution to avoid people jumping multiple levels when new content is added, but right now, the EXP gain after reaching level 1 is just too low. Especially compared to the EXP lost for a respawn. Fighting like 30 battles to gain 100 EXP, only to lose it all after losing a single night fight is too much. I've been save scumming every fight to even have a chance at having a net gain of EXP over time.

And if you can go higher than level 1 already, when does it happen? I'm sitting on 367 EXP right now while expecting to get a level up first at 100 EXP, then 150, then 200, then 300, but it just never happened.

Of those 10 Sex scenes, I myself have found 6, presumably 7 if the Blowjob on a loss against Vilith actually has a scene. Even if neither the blowjob nor the anal scene have content at this point, the option to select should still be open on defeat at least two times. That way the player can actually know whether or not they missed a scene by picking the "wrong" option.
I picked anal on my first loss against Vilith and now I just can't tell if the game locks in to give you that scene every time you lose after that, which shouldn't be the case anyway, or if neither loss options have scenes at this point.

Lastly, a "Forfeit Battle" or "Surrender" button should be added. At least when there's a fuckable opponent. While I probably wouldn't use it much, having the option to reexperience loss scenes after you've become too powerful to lose to certain opponents, even if you try, would be nice.
Same goes for an option to "flee" a battle in case things get hairy (in a bad way).
The dungeons lock your level, so until you beat the goblin dungeon you are locked at level 1, then locked at level 2 until beating the plant dungeon(not implemented yet). It is easy to get to your capped level then you are basically just getting experience to level up as soon as you finish the dungeon. You lose a third of your xp for losing a fight and 1/20 if you accept the law of defeat in fights you can(I am planing to rework it for the next version since I implemented the rested system).

You get the menu to choose the scene every time you lose to Lilith but they are all W.I.P on this version(You just get a message that they will be added in the future). In 0.12 I added the Oral scene.

I will probably add a Surrender and Escape options, you are not the first one to ask for it. Escape won't be 100%, will depend on some factors. The surrender option will be more so that it becomes more practical since you can just remove your summons and take off your gear to become very weak.

YeetMeister1

May 29, 2019
The dungeons lock your level, so until you beat the goblin dungeon you are locked at level 1, then locked at level 2 until beating the plant dungeon(not implemented yet). It is easy to get to your capped level then you are basically just getting experience to level up as soon as you finish the dungeon.
Two more things. First, how do I get to the dungeons? I can't find the option and beating the Adventurers just seems completely impossible, seing as they usually kill one of my summons round one and leaving me and the other summon at half health or worse.

Second, is it scripted that you stop encountering Vilith after a certain amount of times? I started a new save cause I wanted to try out magic. Now I can't finish the second bounty because I haven't encountered a Vilith in the past 50 or so battles.
For clarity: 50 (or so) battles on each difficulty, meaning bronze, silver and gold battle options.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Two more things. First, how do I get to the dungeons? I can't find the option and beating the Adventurers just seems completely impossible, seing as they usually kill one of my summons round one and leaving me and the other summon at half health or worse.

Second, is it scripted that you stop encountering Vilith after a certain amount of times? I started a new save cause I wanted to try out magic. Now I can't finish the second bounty because I haven't encountered a Vilith in the past 50 or so battles.
For clarity: 50 (or so) battles on each difficulty, meaning bronze, silver and gold battle options.
You either beat the adventurers(I did it on my 3 saves, magic focus, tank focus, physical dps focus), or you wait 30 days and they go away. Those are the only two ways to enter the dungeon. If you want an easy way to win get the slime in front, stay behind with the fairy and get some aoe skills to use, if you didn't fight plants you should have at least one of the water aoe skills. The physical save is the one I had real trouble with this fight, had to buy a bow to win it.

But I see people having a lot of trouble with this fight, I will add a third way to deal with it. I will add the option to ask the slime trio to attack the group there and then you engage them right after when they are weakened. It should be a good payback for when they ambushed you.

cruiser221

Mar 24, 2019
So is the shivari arker unobtainable from Vilith? Seems like I stop encountering her at 50% and losses don't increase it.

Edit: also, water slicer seems to cause errors (I think when it's dodged).
1712306371778.png

Last edited:
Reactions: frostgames

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
So is the shivari arker unobtainable from Vilith? Seems like I stop encountering her at 50% and losses don't increase it.

Edit: also, water slicer seems to cause errors (I think when it's dodged).
View attachment 3512280
Yes she is encountered 4 times at level 1, in 0.12 you can encounter her 4 times again at level 2 unlocking the shivari arker if you won all fights. She will also keep appearing on future versions so even if you lose a few fights you will eventually unlock it.

This error is fixed in 0.12b and yes it happens every time someone dodges the water slicer, for now just click on ignore, it will just not show the message saying the enemy dodged but the skill still works as intended.

youraccount69

Dec 30, 2020
DungeonsAndEssence-0.12c
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
frostgames I encountered a crash to desktop. (no rollback option).
in attached save, explore and fight the ice witch.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
turning off auto summon combat seems to prevent this crash

Last edited:

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
So, I read through the documentation. If I am reading it right, magic power does nothing to improve your summons? they only improve with level.

most enemies are non magical. magical enemies are weak to physical and resilient against magic attacks
physical enemies are weak to magic and resilient against physical attacks.
the best defensive items, also increase your offense for the same category.

I am thinking, either go evasion build with all light gear.
or tank build with all heavy gear.
and maybe wield a staff so that your basic attack counts as magic?

although, stat points would twist this all around.
and your summons also really change things around. once there is a full summon team, being a buffer/healer for your summons might be a good approach.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
So, I read through the documentation. If I am reading it right, magic power does nothing to improve your summons? they only improve with level.

most enemies are non magical. magical enemies are weak to physical and resilient against magic attacks
physical enemies are weak to magic and resilient against physical attacks.
the best defensive items, also increase your offense for the same category.

I am thinking, either go evasion build with all light gear.
or tank build with all heavy gear.
and maybe wield a staff so that your basic attack counts as magic?

although, stat points would twist this all around.
and your summons also really change things around. once there is a full summon team, being a buffer/healer for your summons might be a good approach.
The stat you are looking for to improve your summons is Charisma, it increases leadership that increases the power of summons. The guild library ui has information on stats. And yes the damage of staffs increase with your magic power, as do all magic skills. But you don't need magic to target ward instead of armor, only physical damage targets armor, all others kinds of damage target ward so a weapon with half penetrating and half fire damage is dealing half of its damage against armor and the other half against ward.

Since the main character can eventually gain all skills you can be whatever you want and you round up your team with your summons, I will add the option to respec atributes in the church later(using a lewd ritual and paying gold), but it is not implemented yet.

I will take a look on the error you found but it looks quite strange, do you remember who you were fighting when it happened?

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
The stat you are looking for to improve your summons is Charisma, it increases leadership that increases the power of summons. The guild library ui has information on stats. And yes the damage of staffs increase with your magic power, as do all magic skills. But you don't need magic to target ward instead of armor, only physical damage targets armor, all others kinds of damage target ward so a weapon with half penetrating and half fire damage is dealing half of its damage against armor and the other half against ward.

Since the main character can eventually gain all skills you can be whatever you want and you round up your team with your summons, I will add the option to respec atributes in the church later(using a lewd ritual and paying gold), but it is not implemented yet.

I will take a look on the error you found but it looks quite strange, do you remember who you were fighting when it happened?
I was fighting Yuki. I said so in that post.
load the save I attached and go explore the forest and fight yuki the snow witch.
in fact, I tried ignoring the error, and it seems to continue just fine. I defeated her twice already and so far I experienced the error over 20 times. it just keeps on happening in combat with Yuki. but only while I have my summons set to automatic control.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Interesting. I tried saving up XP ahead of time, but no go.
XP gets set to 0 on levelup. so you can't farm easy enemies and delay levelup. that is actually a good thing, I think. can't cheese it.

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I was fighting Yuki. I said so in that post.
load the save I attached and go explore the forest and fight yuki the snow witch.
in fact, I tried ignoring the error, and it seems to continue just fine. I defeated her twice already and so far I experienced the error over 20 times. it just keeps on happening in combat with Yuki. but only while I have my summons set to automatic control.
I usually only play with myself controlling the summons but yeah I will try your save and see what I can find later. Yuki is one that got a little of story and sex scene in 0.2 but you can already get her summon here, she is a good dps with frost damage although a bit frail.

Interesting. I tried saving up XP ahead of time, but no go.
XP gets set to 0 on level up. so you can't farm easy enemies and delay level up.
Yes it resets to 0 on level up, it used to just divide by 10 on the first version.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I understand most of your choices, but the GOR scenes kills the mood a bit, Could you make them visible even if you win or change something about them?

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I understand most of your choices, but the GOR scenes kills the mood a bit, Could you make them visible even if you win or change something about them?
GOR? By context I would understand you are talking about the scenes you get by losing a fight. In this version you only lose experience by losing a fight, in the most recent version I changed it and losing only takes an amount of well rested buff in case of losing to minions or gold when losing to adventurers.

If it means game over requirement there is no sex scene that requires a game over.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
There is no game over rape here.
1. there is no game over. losing just respawns. both you and enemies.
2. there is no rape.

There is a goddess whose rules is "winner in a fight fucks and tops the loser".
but, you are under no obligation to follow that rule. And neither are the NPCs.

For example when you defeat a certain female half goblin, she explicitly states that she isn't a worshipper of that goddess.
So don't expect to fuck her just because you won.

You are not forced to invoke the right if you win.
and if you lose you are not forced to submit.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes