VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Shadow66

Jul 31, 2017
I stopped a few updates ago because I was caught up in the son route and the father kept giving me an error message when the niece shows up. Now I'm playing the newest update and I still get that error message, can someone help me?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 5125, in script
Exception: Sayer k is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 600, in execute
raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dual Family 0.61ce

I'm also getting this error with the son route now:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1496, in script
NameError: name 'l_name' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 868, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 850, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 232, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 596, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 613, in format_field
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 797, in __format__
return format(unicode(self), spec)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 789, in __unicode__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dual Family 0.61ce

Last edited:
U

User_166761

I stopped a few updates ago because I was caught up in the son route and the father kept giving me an error message when the niece shows up. Now I'm playing the newest update and I still get that error message, can someone help me?

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 600, in execute
raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dual Family 0.61ce

I'm also getting this error with the son route now:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 868, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 850, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 232, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 596, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 613, in format_field
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 797, in __format__
return format(unicode(self), spec)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\character.py", line 789, in __unicode__
who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Raul\Desktop\Games\Dual_Family-0.61ce-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<none>", line 1, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dual Family 0.61ce
Are you sure you are not using old saves? l_name is associated with the aunt and 'k' with Karen, none of which are original characters. Try starting a new game and press Ctrl to skip dialogue.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Thanks for the upload but when I play this version game ends with "that's all for part 5" screen. Is part 5 equals version 6?
Did you just overwrite the old files or Delete and unpack? Sometimes Renpy games gets weird if you don't start fresh. Try deleting the old files and then drop the new files in the folder.

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
1gxNvQELNy6E4_t3i9x5Sc2DJUDF8Hd3XHNWFZtC_cE33g-h9H-FreW2EVeI383E.png
Act I - Part VI Coming Tomorrow!

Sep 29 at 5:14pm
Just wanted to drop in with a preview for everyone and confirmation I'm not a cadaver(pending). I didn't manage to finish as super early as I was hoping to release a day early, but tomorrow is definitely still on schedule. Like last time, the $20+ Custom Edition will be uploaded first and the Regular Edition will come afterward -- expect them in the evening (before 10) PST.
See you all tomorrow!
Gumdrop Games

I saw that someone was looking for the walkthrough. I found one -don't know as to whether or not it's the most recent, however.

If not, here's a synopsis:
Son Route- Sleep (dream about mother). Wake (play guitar). Talk to yourself. Text cousin. Spy on mother.
Father Route- In spite of the fact that you are a thick-headed dullard, you're going to get to fuck every female
character in the game, irregardless of what decisions you make. So just wing it!

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Who wants to take a crack at what the random "uploading disaster!" that happens this time.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes