Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Developer Update #110
0000.jpeg
Time marches on, and the anniversary of this update draws near.
There are a few images left to render for the Danielle solo scenes ...

Last edited:

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Oooh sounds like an update is getting close! This is one I most look forward to even though we didn't get to kill Sebastian and somehow showed restraint towards him.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks this game could use an "Harem" mod?

It wouldn't be completely far fetches as far as the story goes... :sneaky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel like...things were kinda going in that direction anyway. a bit slowly though. Cindy I am not sure about since I was not going to do that to Louise. No chance. She's way too sweet to betray her with a random hookup in a club bathroom.

Reactions: m4pII and Cenc

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1712625477804.png

Closing in on 2000 static images and well over 10,000 animation frames.
Still a ways to go, however dev has switched from working on the Louise/Danielle scenes
to completing the morning scenes.

Alpha testing is 99% completed at this point, all UX systems have been updated.
The final list of supporters at the end of March is to be included in the game credits.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Hello everyone,
Lots to update as I'm closing in to the completion of 0.4.8. Let's start with the colourful version of progress-at-a-glance.

Progress_image.jpg
And now the more in depth version:
progress1.jpg

There really is just the final scene (and it's various alternatives) to be done. This is currently underway and depending on how many animations I decide to do, I am aiming to have this completed within two weeks.

The final edit of the script has been sent for a polish before publishing. then the update goes off to play testing - There are a few different systems that I will be seeking feedback on, so this time round the test will be longer than normal.

This update has over 30,000 words spanning 92 pages and almost 10,000 lines of code. Almost 2200 static images with over 13,000 animation frames. For perspective, the first chapter (that is, ALL of chapter one) was a total of 28k words and ~750 images.

So, why is this so big? And why did it take so long? Simple answer, story paths. Call it a lesson learnt, hubris or whatever you wish - but the sheer number of alternative outcomes based on your choices in game means that everything needs to be accounted for.

Weather that be a corrupting influence on Kimiko, or protective, perhaps a love interest route with her, or with Danielle, or with Cindy. Did you interact with Cassie? Well there's a chance she and Cindy could get to know you better.

Or, did you tie the pool event mini-game? we're you supportive of Louise? Did you cut her from your life entirely? Did you lie to the police? Have you built a bromance with Jacob?

This isn't all of it, every path also has point based alternatives. I like stories that have branching narratives, but I also dislike pointless choices. In Dreams of Reality, you're choices really matter. And, going into the last and final chapter, the endgame will look very different depending on just what those choices are.

Release Date:
I'm setting myself a provisional patreon release date of 0.4.8 on Friday 24th May. 0.4.5 will be made public on that day also.

This gives me four weeks to get everything ready - but, as I've said before if I need to delay the date, I will do so.

Kimiko Image series:
I've made some initial planning for this image series, to remind everyone it will be split into two, the first "Virginity Confirmation" will be released, followed later by "Defloration".

Due to focussing on getting the next update done, these two image series will be made after the 0.4.8 update.

Next week I will post the change log and have some more details on how the update will be broken down. Until then,

Stay safe all.

Cenc

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Hello all,
How is everyone's week going? Here's the progress spreadsheet:
progress1.jpg

Still working on the Louise / Danielle scenes. A lot of animations have been created (and completed) currently working on rendering those at the moment before I continue with the static images.

I want to spend a moment and break down what the different versions of Dreams of Reality update 0.4.8 will be. The previous update 0.4.5 was split into 3 distinct versions. There was the standard full quality version, and ~70% quality version and then a significantly reduced version.

I will be doing the same again this time. Currently the total size stands around 10.7Gb. I expect this to push closer to 11Gb when the remainder of the images and animations are added.

Change log 0.4.8:
  • Game updated to version 0.4.8
  • Danielle's assumption of a relationship with the MC when on a solo Louise path has been corrected.
  • Corrected the textbox displaying at the start of v0.4.5.
  • You can now skip the Drink mini-game if you have completed it once already.
  • Occasional dialogue issue with agreeing to a relationship with Danielle but going on a date with Cindy has been corrected.
  • Too many relationship points being given if you 'don't look' during the pool event has been corrected.
  • You are now able to skip the text during the first chapter 4 free roam.
  • Gallery code refactored, persistent variables for unlocks has changed. I have created a temporary patch to export them to the new variables.
  • The persistent variable patch will be removed in 0.5.0!
  • Ch1 code has been refactored (1200 lines removed).
  • Some long standing errors in ch1 have been found and removed.
  • Transitions have been added, Ch1 is done. Other chapters will follow.
  • Fixed Lemonade images being named Soda.
  • Fixed logic issue with variables 'cl' and 'shoot'.
  • Locking in the li route with Kimiko has been fixed (a fix is applied at the start of 0.4.8).
  • Updated to Ren'Py version 7.6.3, which broke the bonus codes. So I've fixed that. Thanks Tom -.-
  • Moved the achievement for completing ch3 to the end of ch3 instead of the end of the first update.
  • Bug with some bonus image unlocks counting more than once towards total number unlocked achievement has been corrected.
  • Bug with Cassie's bonus images not unlocking due to an idiot dev, has been corrected.
  • As above, this time with some of Melissa's images.
  • Missing mixed images 6,7,8 and 9 have been found and added into the chapter three code.
  • Kimiko bonus images (19 & 20) have been corrected and can now be unlocked.
  • Several more spelling corrections to chapters Two and Three.
  • Correction to a couple of Cindy bonus images unlocked in 0.4.5
  • Bonus screen redone. You can now replay the bonus scenes from this screen.
  • Missing label fr1_j_1 has been corrected and now points to the correct scene.
  • Social links added to exit screen.
  • Variable preventing some scenes from playing in 0.4.5 has been corrected (ch4_chose_to_lose).
Not sure if there will be a post next week, as I'm trying to focus solely on getting the update done and ready in time. But until the next time:

Stay safe all.

Cenc

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
what makes you think so?
I saw this wording in one of the Patreon posts.

'In Dreams of Reality, you're choices really matter. And, going into the last and final chapter, the endgame will look very different depending on just what those choices are'.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I saw this wording in one of the Patreon posts.

'In Dreams of Reality, you're choices really matter. And, going into the last and final chapter, the endgame will look very different depending on just what those choices are'.
that can mean anything.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Is there only going to be two more updates?
Initially I had intended only 4 chapters and a possible 'extra' "What if..." bonus update after the completion. Clearly I'm moving into chapter five and unless things go really wrong Chapter 5 will be the final and last chapter to Dreams of Reality.

I do intend for that "What if..." though this would only be focused around lewd scenes. I think we all know what I'm hinting at :p

As for how many more updates? Honestly It's hard for me to say, if we don't include this forthcoming one 0.4.8, I plan for 0.5.0 to be a release candidate. (i.e. the final) but, (and it's a big but) I am considering splitting the chapter - so that it reaches your hands faster.

It's not an easy choice to make as it could mean the update is split at a weird time in the story. But, that's something for future Cenc to deal with :p

I'm not afraid to take the time to get it right, there is also the ch1 render refresh that I want to do, so I may make the next 'update' a refresh only (but as I've said previously, that only covers existing content and doesn't drive the story forward).

I will just add a caveat, since I know people do tend to speculate, all of the above is subject to change I will always keep you updated and the best place for this is the patreon page. cough *blatant self-promotion* cough.

Hopefully I've answered the question?

Cenc

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Initially I had intended only 4 chapters and a possible 'extra' "What if..." bonus update after the completion. Clearly I'm moving into chapter five and unless things go really wrong Chapter 5 will be the final and last chapter to Dreams of Reality.

I do intend for that "What if..." though this would only be focused around lewd scenes. I think we all know what I'm hinting at :p

As for how many more updates? Honestly It's hard for me to say, if we don't include this forthcoming one 0.4.8, I plan for 0.5.0 to be a release candidate. (i.e. the final) but, (and it's a big but) I am considering splitting the chapter - so that it reaches your hands faster.

It's not an easy choice to make as it could mean the update is split at a weird time in the story. But, that's something for future Cenc to deal with :p

I'm not afraid to take the time to get it right, there is also the ch1 render refresh that I want to do, so I may make the next 'update' a refresh only (but as I've said previously, that only covers existing content and doesn't drive the story forward).

I will just add a caveat, since I know people do tend to speculate, all of the above is subject to change I will always keep you updated and the best place for this is the patreon page. cough *blatant self-promotion* cough.

Cenc
Thank you for clearing things up and answering my question cenc I appreciate it.

Reactions: Cenc
Sep 3, 2020

Cenc
personally, I don't mind waiting for a complete full update

as long as I get to fuck a pregnant Louise hard

especially since the monogamy route has not gotten any attention

I don't blame Louise

being upset it is kind of weird for

a married man be hanging around all these women

and on a side note,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cxx
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes