Mod Dreams of Desire [Ep12 Advice/Replay Mod]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
@streetmedic
What you are describing sounds like the minigame, which the dev put in. In that parts of the game, the mod doesn't work and you can't skip it.
For now there's nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid. I planned to get rid of the minigame all together, but it's a ton of work and would take a Long time.

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
Yea I posted the files in reply to your July post about do ding the differences in files . Maybe you can use the open sec files in some way.. it has 3 options. I like the patch script in auto patch filie and python differences....that would allow you easy ver 1 to ver 8 uniformity.....

And yes ur right I was the mini game part. I didn't know if it was a code compatabiligy... Anyway Keep up the work and Thank you for reply...

MohammadBNA

Oct 8, 2017
hey, so idk if the game is broken somehow, or it's because of the mod, but my game is totally fucked up right now, it crashes again and again and again. so can someone upload the original version of the files that are edited for this mod? I forgot to copy it somewhere else, and now I'm stuck.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Where is the game crashing and what message do you get when it is?

Roughneck

Oct 26, 2017
I was getting tons of script errors from the first scene of EP8 throughout. Had to copy saves over to a base game with out mod.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I don't think it's the mods fault, because I used a save file I had from episode 5 to test the changes. With no errors at all.
If you can tell me what sort of errors you got, I have a chance to look into it. But without them it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

Reactions: MohammadBNA

MohammadBNA

Oct 8, 2017
I try to post exact details of the errors today, but in the meantime, can anyone upload those files I've mentioned?

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I'm sorry, but without any clue on where the crashes happen and with which error message, I can't check if it's a problem with the mod or with the game itself.

What might help too is, if you can give me your savegame, then I can check if it's maybe a faulty save or sth else.

Anyway, OP updated with the original files.

Reactions: MohammadBNA

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
You'll find a Folder named saves in the game Folder, there all your saves are located.

MohammadBNA

Oct 8, 2017
well, this is the most recent savegame, I kept getting so many errors that I totally closed the game without saving after I got the errors. this savegame is started from scratch in version 8, just so you know.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I can't load it, because it should be a save file, like the one the Mega link goes to. The file you uploaded is a zip file for some reason.
Talking about the save, it's right at the start (or ending of Episode 7). This save worked for me.

Savegame (Ending of Ep7)

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I too am getting errors, but my game doesn't crash. The first error I get are all the dialogue of Nora any time she speaks, and only when she speaks regardless of whoever else she is talking to. It starts when she shows up at he door and ends when the leaves with Tracy in the car. The other error is sometime after, while having a dream where the King is assassinated. The guard that announces this causes the error. The third is when we are in Tracy's nightmare, the Tracy clone's dialogue throws an error for all of her dialogue.

Jackowat

May 5, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/episode8.rpy", line 63, in script
n "I'm Nora Black."
Exception: Sayer 'n' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
n "I'm Nora Black."
File "...\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "...\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 509, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP8 1.0-ELITE

(i edited the path to ...\ in the context, dont mind it)

After that... Just a spam of errors.

Edit: Oh and the game version is ep8 v1.0

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
n "I'm Nora Black."

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
n "I'm Nora Black."
File "...\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 593, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "...\DreamsOfDesireEP8-1.0-ELITE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 509, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Dreams of Desire EP8 1.0-ELITE

(i edited the path to ...\ in the context, dont mind it)

After that... Just a spam of errors.

Edit: Oh and the game version is ep8 v1.0
Sorry, that's basically what I was referring to in my post as well. I should have added that scrypt text as well.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Which version of the mod are you using, becasue with the op version, I don't have any issues.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes