Mod Dreams of Desire Ep 12: Gallery Unlocker and Bugfixes Mod [v5.2] [bas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
go back farther. Specifically, to when the doctor says "I wouldn't move if I were you. If you don't want your beloved sister's brains splattered all over the floor!"

Make sure tracy_trust is < 6, then move on.
I did, Tracy got shot, but it ends after that

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
how to change my name in the console? the new episode made my name disappear from the name box
If you're talking about the Replays, you need to load any saved game, then go back to main menu and Replay will work.

If that still doesn't fix for you, you can do this from a saved game or new game:
Code:
mc = "whatever name you want"
FYI - if you do this in the Replay it will not be kept after the current Replay is over.

Sum FΑggott

Mar 8, 2017
If you're talking about the Replays, you need to load any saved game, then go back to main menu and Replay will work.

If that still doesn't fix for you, you can do this from a saved game or new game:
Code:
mc = "whatever name you want"
FYI - if you do this in the Replay it will not be kept after the current Replay is over.
i meant loading a regular save, and thanks it worked (mc = "the name i want")

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Wow, seems super useful! Does it work for Mac?
I have no way to test, but can't see why not? Think maybe it goes in a game\common folder? If you try, please let me know how it goes.

rookiecard420

Mar 6, 2018
I like this mod, now I can see the scene from the different branches. btw Sorry for going kind of 'Out of Topic' but how to erase all the save data from the game? I mean I wanted to starts fresh again with no Gallery unlocked everything fresh and so on.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
how to use in-game cheats ?
There are only two in-game cheats - one that warns you about possible NTR-ish situations with mom in Ep 1 or 2, can't remember exactly, and the other is at the very end of Ep 11 and lets you get the "good" Tracy ending.

I like this mod, now I can see the scene from the different branches. btw Sorry for going kind of 'Out of Topic' but how to erase all the save data from the game? I mean I wanted to starts fresh again with no Gallery unlocked everything fresh and so on.
Saves are kept in two places - you need to delete all files in both folders f you want to completely start from scratch. Replace YourWindowsUsername with, well, don't make me say it :).
  1. "\game\saves"
  2. "C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\DreamsofDesire-1483748777"
If you only delete files in one folder, the game will just copy everything from the non-empty folder back to the the empty folder when you start the game.

itsforpronz

Feb 10, 2018
Yes, it works on the Mac version.

It goes in <dod.app>/Contents/Resources/autorun/game

That doesn't work for me, I tried putting the entire folder in there, then just the .rpy file, either way when I go to access the scenes, whenever I click on a character I get an exception.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That doesn't work for me, I tried putting the entire folder in there, then just the .rpy file, either way when I go to access the scenes, whenever I click on a character I get an exception.
What is the exception? Can you please post it? If it's long please wrap in spoiler tags like this:
Code:
[spoiler] your exception thingy [/spoiler]

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Here's what I did, as of version 4.1 of the mod. Things might be different in later versions, but should be similar:

1. Unzip the mod. It puts the files a new folder. Open it.
  2. In another window, "Show Package Contents" on the DoD app.
  3. Drill down to Contents->Resources->autorun->game.
  4. Drag DoD-E11-v1_0_1-BaS-HooDat-Fixes+Mods-v4_1.rpy to that folder.
  5. Open "gui->save load" in each window. Copy panel_var.png from the mod to the game.
  6. Go back twice in each window.
  7. Open "images->replay_icons" in each window. Copy d6couch_extras.jpg from the mod to the game.

Reactions: bas

llosls

Nov 18, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello colleagues, I have tried to use the mod but in several scenes "mc" throws me exceptions and tells me that the name or something similar is not defined. Now I use the option to ignore but still the exception bounces. I would appreciate an answer. Thank you.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello colleagues, I have tried to use the mod but in several scenes "mc" throws me exceptions and tells me that the name or something similar is not defined. Now I use the option to ignore but still the exception bounces. I would appreciate an answer. Thank you.
Exception: Sayer 'mc' is not defined. Fix is to do one of the below one time only:
  1. Load any saved game just for a moment, don't have to play or do anything else - just load an existing save.
  2. Start a new save just enough to enter your name.
Then you can Return to Main Menu and go back to the Replays and it will be fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: llosls
H

HooDat

Exception: Sayer 'mc' is not defined. Fix is to do one of the below one time only:
  1. Load any saved game just for a moment, don't have to play or do anything else - just load an existing save.
  2. Start a new save just enough to enter your name.
Then you can Return to Main Menu and go back to the Replays and it will be fixed.
I think i fixed it in the attached file by giving a default name (John) until the players preferred name populates through the methods you describe.
it also includes a button for auto-play

Last edited by a moderator:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Why scene d9swim_extra in Extras and Jenna page?
The scene in the Jenna page is "d9swim" and the additional Extras for that scene are "d9swim_extra". So they'd be different if you didn't have the Elite Extras installed.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote