Mod Ren'Py DreamLink Multi-Mod [v0.2][RiamMar]

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
it still said v0.1 when i posted that reply, as well
Ahh ... I didn't look close enough at the link. Was it already updated there? I can't really tell 'cause I presume the time there is Europe local ...

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Ahh ... I didn't look close enough at the link. Was it already updated there? I can't really tell 'cause I presume the time there is Europe local ...
it was updated there, not sure what local the time is though

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
And I was wrong how? ;)

(I still wouldn't have taken the time to do the math ...)
Just trying to divert attention from the fact that I forgot to update the zone.... errr...

run-away-im-out.gif
Bed time

Edit: The time on the website should actually show your locale though? I think? Because time of the post is the mysql server time which is 1 hour ahead of server time, which is GMT or so. And then there's daylight savings and I'm not sure if my code handles that in any way...

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just trying to divert attention from the fact that I forgot to update the zone.... errr...

View attachment 3544928
Bed time

Edit: The time on the website should actually show your locale though? I think? Because time of the post is the mysql server time which is 1 hour ahead of server time, which is GMT or so. And then there's daylight savings and I'm not sure if my code handles that in any way...
Well, if you uploaded it about 8-1/2 hours before the timestamp on this post, then it's showing me my local time. If you uploaded it at 7:30 a.m. your time ...

Aetheran

Mar 23, 2020
The features don't mention the Gallery Unlock is a toggle, so I assume using this mod always unlocks the gallery.

Is there a way to disable the Gallery Unlock? I want to unlock the gallery normally as I play. I can edit the .rpy files myself, I just need to know where to look.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The features don't mention the Gallery Unlock is a toggle, so I assume using this mod always unlocks the gallery.

Is there a way to disable the Gallery Unlock? I want to unlock the gallery normally as I play. I can edit the .rpy files myself, I just need to know where to look.
There's a gallery folder in the mod folder. If you delete that, it will no longer unlock the gallery for future updates. All currently unlocked scenes will stay unlocked though. That's not reversable, since the game doesn't use a variable to unlock but checks if the label was seen or not.
I'll have a look for the next version if there's a persistent var for general unlocking. Can't remember which gallery the game used. If it has, I will make a toggle to unlock/lock the gallery with it keeping the "unlocked by player" info.

Reactions: Aetheran

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There are some textbox options in the mod menu, other then that, you can go to the folder:
  • "game/mod/screens" and delete say.rpy + rpyc and input.rpy + rpyc
  • delete the folder "game/mods/styles/overrides"

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So I haven't made more than one decision since starting 0.2, but that decision gave me a point for blondie. I then went to check the stats ... and her point was the only point any of the characters had. I swore I got at least a few points in 0.1 for all the characters I met.

To be fair, I haven't had a chance to double-check 0.1 to see if there were points there in that version, but thought I'd mention it.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
So I haven't made more than one decision since starting 0.2, but that decision gave me a point for blondie. I then went to check the stats ... and her point was the only point any of the characters had. I swore I got at least a few points in 0.1 for all the characters I met.

To be fair, I haven't had a chance to double-check 0.1 to see if there were points there in that version, but thought I'd mention it.
Do you mean you played v0.1 and then continued to play v0.2 or did you start over in v0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see in the code change, the points weren't present in v0.1 and you will have to start over to benefit from the changes.

I'll add a note to start over to the OP like I did on my Patreon and Discord.

Edit: Added full list of point distribution to spoiler tag.

Edit 2: For those wondering what the statcheck does. It checks if affection is less or equal to -3 and then sets the path to lost. There's also a check (not in use yet) the other way around, setting the affection to -3 if the path is lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Do you mean you played v0.1 and then continued to play v0.2 or did you start over in v0.2
As you can see in the code change, the points weren't present in v0.1 and you will have to start over to benefit from the changes.

I'll add a note to start over to the OP like I did on my Patreon and Discord.

Edit: Added full list of point distribution to spoiler tag.

Edit 2: For those wondering what the statcheck does. It checks if affection is less or equal to -3 and then sets the path to lost. There's also a check (not in use yet) the other way around, setting the affection to -3 if the path is lost.
Okay, so come back here and make adjustment after finished with 0.2 ... got it.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
the mod broke the gallery, now when i click on gallery it just gives errors
No.
Please read the game thread / hotfix info.

Now seriously: someone else has a problem with the gallery? For me the game crashes when trying to open it (on PC, no mod used)
It's not just you, same thing happened to me too.
I encountered the same issue, and after checking, it appears that the developer didn't add the replay folder in the images directory, resulting in an error within the script. I will look into it and try to fix it.
I got the same issue when making my Android port. Seems they changed the location of the pic files + also changed some files from png to webp. Here a quick hot fix, for me the gallery worked with it (extract the files into .../game)
Here's the hotfix linked directly below the game download, that was made by KoGa3, a fellow modder.

Last edited:

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
Updated: 2024-04-17
Game/Creator: DreamLink by Noctus Games | - - -
Modder: RiamMar |
Game Version: v0.2
Language: English

APK with my mod included by estrada777

As mentioned here, with v0.2 you will need to start over
to benefit from the added affection system that was mostly missing in v0.1.
Alternatively, if you picked the recommended/liked choices,
you can set the scores to the values mentioned in that post.

Downloads:

Thanks for the mode. Quick question does the mod match the public release (no bugs)?

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the mode. Quick question does the mod match the public release (no bugs)?
Hi, it seems there are some changes, so some WT info won't show up.
I'll have a look later, when I'm back home.

Edit: Updated the mod, but couldn't test, since I'm out of house. If someone can give it a try? Almost every choice should have some WT info, so if there's more than one obvious choice without WT, I probably missed something.

Edit 2: Updated mod to fix a wrong highlight of a "Path lost" (in the changing room). Else, it should work fine.
Will update the final scores in a previous post later.

Last edited: