Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
dreamlink-title.jpg
Updated: 2024-04-17
Game/Creator: DreamLink by Noctus Games | - - -
Modder: RiamMar |
Game Version: v0.2
Language: English
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

APK with my mod included by estrada777

As mentioned here, with v0.2 you will need to start over
to benefit from the added affection system that was mostly missing in v0.1.
Alternatively, if you picked the recommended/liked choices,
you can set the scores to the values mentioned in that post.

Downloads:

Last edited:

Mihawk_80

Jul 2, 2022
Updated: 2024-01-22
Game/Creator: DreamLink by Noctus Games | - - -
Modder: RiamMar |
Game Version: v0.1
Language: English

Downloads:

Thank you (y)

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Great work on your mod, as well I really like the detailed UI features and interface.

Have you considered creating a universal Ui tool (minus the wt part)? It would allow the user to install your tool with any RenPy title...allowing the user the ability to adjust missing Ui control settings, that many titles don't enable in their options/settings.

Also, is there a key that will bring up the mod interface? I'm using 0x52_URM tool to hide the quick menu (cleans up the textbox area), though it also hides the mod choice from the textbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar and doujin1

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Great work on your mod, as well I really like the detailed UI features and interface.
Thank you for your kind words. <3
Have you considered creating a universal Ui tool (minus the wt part)? It would allow the user to install your tool with any RenPy title...allowing the user the ability to adjust missing Ui control settings, that many titles don't enable in their options/settings.
Yes, and there is already an early version out, that I made inbetween my Core v4 and v5. I'll probably replace it with the v5 customization/screens soon™.
What I found so far is, that it might still screw up with some games, when there's a lot of dev customization or, how should we call it, "unorthodox" Ren'Py use. ( :D ) For basic games, this should work though, like the save screen extender and save namer mod. If you click on of the links in my sig, you find it in the "_ Textbox and UI Mods" folder

Also, is there a key that will bring up the mod interface? I'm using 0x52_URM tool to hide the quick menu (cleans up the textbox area), though it also hides the mod choice from the textbox.
Actually, there were two keybinds? I think "C" (for Cheats) and "U" (for UI or so)....
Just checked, both in caps and lower case. URM might overwrite "c", but Shift+C and "u" should still work? I have re-enabled them.
There's two options, either redownload the mod or...

The file for the keybinds is located here.
Code:
game\mod\core\Screens\ModScreenParts\
and should look like this, with activated keybinds
Python:
screen ModScreenKeybinds ():
    key [ "c", "C" ] action [ ShowMenu ("ModScreen") ]
    key [ "u", "U" ] action [ ShowMenu ("ModScreen") ]

init python:
    config.overlay_screens.append ("ModScreenKeybinds")
You could add or remove keys as you like, if they interfere with other mods. :D

Reactions: gerow and MrBenny

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
This is great idea, i love how it can change both text size of dialogue and name. if it at least universal for ren'py game it will be great!

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
This is great idea, i love how it can change both text size of dialogue and name. if it at least universal for ren'py game it will be great!
Well, yeah, Ren'Py games only. If it's Unity, UE, RPGM or another engine, making something universal would be some major task, worthy of some price money. :D

I'll see what I can do to push this a bit ahead in my work pipeline. Another game just released that I need to mod and have to work on the game I work on, but maybe I can find some time soon.
It might still need some adjustment for some games nontheless, even if I release a 720p, 1080p etc. version. Especially if someone wants to use it together with, e.g. KoGa's mods, that also have customization options.
We will see, when I get there. I have a discord for cases like this, where people could report problems with it and probably get a faster response time from me than here. :D

Reactions: doujin1 and MrBenny

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
Well, yeah, Ren'Py games only. If it's Unity, UE, RPGM or another engine, making something universal would be some major task, worthy of some price money. :D

I'll see what I can do to push this a bit ahead in my work pipeline. Another game just released that I need to mod and have to work on the game I work on, but maybe I can find some time soon.
It might still need some adjustment for some games nontheless, even if I release a 720p, 1080p etc. version. Especially if someone wants to use it together with, e.g. KoGa's mods, that also have customization options.
We will see, when I get there. I have a discord for cases like this, where people could report problems with it and probably get a faster response time from me than here. :D
At least your considered is good enough. i try the link in your signature but seem it problably not work with text box opacity with many game. but for text size customize is working great! at least i have something to waited for.

Also love all of your mod it good that all your mod is not replace any of game file as i usually port game to play on my android and your mod is easy to just drop in game's folder (it save time as i don't need to port again).

Reactions: RiamMar

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Anyway I can make it to where the skip button just fast forwards through dialogue instead of skipping to the next choice? I really don't like that since it'll most likely make me skip content.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Anyway I can make it to where the skip button just fast forwards through dialogue instead of skipping to the next choice? I really don't like that since it'll most likely make me skip content.
Hmm, hmm, hmm. <- This is me writing this and looking at the code
Oooookay. <- This is me adding a new option to the mod settings

Could download the mod again and test?
2024-02-03 16_24_53-DreamLink.jpg