VN - Ren'Py - Dreamland [v0.2.7] [Dokiden]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lynx-.-x

Nice visuals, beautiful models, a very good plot and a really damn good UI. It's just great. What else can I say. Just hope it doesn't get abandoned.

Things that can be improved:

1. Let's not jump on the kinky stuff right away. Let things go slowly and let the relationships build.

2. Add a few scenes where you have to click around a bit to progress further. Doesn't sound like a huge improvement but some interaction adds to the immersion.

3. Add an older character model (maybe a milf... or two) that actually look their age. Hot yet at the same time, visibly a little mature.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

BlackCobalt

Version: [v0.2.6]

Renders: 5/5
    Renders are of great quality, paired with 'perfect' angles and lighting which makes for sexy scenes that are pure eye candy.

Story & Dialogue: 4/5
    The plot is coherent and flows naturally. The dialogue between the characters are also good although there are some conversations that seem too verbose when it only calls for casual words.

Animations: 5/5
    Animations are 'well choreographed' and paired with great angles which is absolutely important and other creators/animators out there tend to forget about it.

Sound & Music: 5/5
    The game has fitting music that doesn't ruin the vibe of the scene which is already a plus compared to a game with no music at all or having mismatched music. Could it have better music? Subjectively, yes but to me it's already great.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

PrivilegedCholo

Unbiased Review of DreamLand

Pros
    -Amazing renders, decent animation
    -Nice character designs.
    -decent amount of tease.
    -Classic cabin in the woods vibes. Slasher/horror type. Really dig it!

Cons
    -Li's sometimes look too similar with their body types. They're all gymshark sponsored models or something.
    -Milfs should look like Milfs
    -Forced paths. You get blueballed if you pick any other girl.
    -Stereotypical Childhood best friend that loves you type thing needs to die.

Overall a 1/5 for me, because the first release is wayyy too short. You can't draw in a crowd with that much and expect it to trend. Update is taking over a year now, as of this edit.

Writing feels like you're meant to care for certain characters when there's absolutely no reason to. I hope to god this doesn't end up like RedLucy or some Yunogasai cash grab.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Sacorna

Hocked me with great renders and lost me with everything else.

Playing games regardless of what type is relaxation for me, but how about "lockdowns and pandamic"... yeah f*** off dev!

So we get to know the four main characters via an emberassing facetime: one on the toilet, two just masturbated and the last one who called them.

The make a deal to go to "DREAMLAND" in four months... when the lockdown is over.

While on the trip there they meet two girls, one of them the MC and his buddy saw on a dating app, buddy decides "his car, his rules" and against the protestation of the group the girls are in.

Some dryhumping later they arrive at the campingsite in a forest.

Girls change get peeped on think it is mc, going for a swim, blueball him and steal his trunks as punishment. Just before the nice family (dad, older daughter and younger son) arrive.

And now to the point that pisses me off the most, you are now faced with the decision who you want to fuck: Mia, Lea or Daniella.
    BUT WAIT: Dev thought it would be fun to push his choice, meaning only one is right the others to get you punished...

Choice Mia: Stargazing followed by her painful first just the tip and you wanking.
    Choice Lea: Drop some horny pills, some here some there and before it gets good your buddy lies about Daniella lures you into the forest, suckerpunshes you and leaves you. Because he likes Lea.
    Choice Daniella: Dad from the neighbor tent interrupts you in the action just to threaten you about his daughter.

So you are forces into a romance, because Dev said so. If you don't take it you also get guittripped by Mias thoughts.

Just WTF Dev sit down 6 (or f) and try again.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

blueraven88

Renders are top-tier but holy shit is the writing in this game a trashfire.
    Alex needs a brick to the face, fart jokes and toilet humour in general are the least funny thing I can think of, the fact that Summer suspects the MC of being a peeper despite Alex being the one who's been a creep the entire trip is beyond ridiculous, it's clear Mei's in love with the MC but somehow none of her best friends have been able to pick up on it (even though she's been quite obvious about it), then when she has sex with the MC suddenly all he can think of is his ex which we've been told nothing about aside from her name.

No idea what Dokiden was smoking when he wrote this trainwreck of a game but he needs to seriously start over from scratch.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Review for 0.2.3
    WhenI saw lea's t*ts bouncing in the car scene I already knew that this was a five star game. Because that sh*t is effort right there, just going that extra mile to make the game stand out from a really good game to an absolute masterpiece. The girls in general are absolutely smoking hot by the way, I dont know a lot of games which reach this kind of level.

Storyline seems mysterious and kind of creepy (which is the intent it seems) so well done. The story is not very far yet so cant really review that but good beginnings. All in all, highly recommended.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Lord Soth

I played this for around half an hour and completely lost interest.

The reason?

Okay, after playing a mass of games on here over the years I've learned that the ones I tend to like the most have not only good renders, but likeable characters and a half decent story. Unfortunately this only ticked the renders box for me.

The story and characters are just so shallow.

*** SPOILERS***

So a group of close friends get together for a spring vacation. Right from the start you just know that MC's best bud is going to be one of these typical selfish, moronic types that only has bobs and vag in the brain.

When the friends meet a pair of weird, edgy girls at a gas station asking for a lift, Alex the dumbass bro basically says "My car, so we take them, end of"...despite them all agreeing earlier to not pick up anyone and the girls who are his friends saying don't take this sketchy pair.

Yeah, great start! good friend...not.

Oh, and one also has her ex's drugs with them...*slow clap*

Alex sure is smart huh?

The 2 new girls I just found unlikable pretty much. The main one that everyone seems to be simping over, Lea, is a Megan Fox lookalike that looks perpetually pissed off.

As soon as they all stop at a lake, Lea starts groping Summer (yep), one of MC's friends...then tells Summer that MC must have been spying on them and so talks her into doing some sexual stuff with the MC as part of a faux threesome in revenge. Summer just goes happily along with this and doesn't think to ask her friend she's known a lot longer than the Fox clone, "Hey did you spy on us?"

She is obviously as retarded as Alex.

No amount of great renders could change that Lea is just a manipulative, selfish, druggy skank. Actually both the new girls were skanks. Yeah, pass.
    But yeah these 2 dodgy girls come along and literally start taking over this supposed close knit group of friends who just dance to their tune.

Really? the plot is just dumb.

Yes the renders are pretty good but Lea/Danielle forced into the group of friends just killed it for me totally. It could have been great with a bunch of good friends, instead we got a brainless dickhead Alex along with Summer suddenly becoming a slut in the making.

The only thing that could have saved this for me is Mei being an expert in Martial Arts and knocking the shit out of these 2 skanks before they all end up in deep shit...then taking off with MC.

I am only giving 3 stars and that's purely down to the renders.
    The fact that the *cough* story or characters did not keep me interested in the first half an hour made me reluctant to spend any more time on this.

Good renders but very poor story and characters in my view.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Alayavijnapti

Render is godlike. But it's too hard for me to see the Extra Cards so i keep missing them if im not using a mod.

Also the progression i say is good because it doesn't show fucking in the first 30 minutes. Mei and Lea cute af
  9. 5.00 star(s)

badass

Dreamland has an amazing renders and animations, and the girls OMG, this VN has some of the hottest girls in entire F95 already.. Seriously, as for visuals, this is probable my favorite now.. The story is just the beginning, but what a potential this VN has.. Hope this VN continue grows better with support..
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version Reviewed: v0.2.3)

Dreamland is very good artistically, both normal and lewd. The renders are easily in the top 5 among the AVNs on the site. It delivers on high quality lewds as well, both in posing and eroticism.

However, Dreamland does fail in providing a compelling story. MC and three of his college friends are traveling to attend a summer festival in a town where a girl has been missing. We do feel the tension that we are supposed to feel about the danger posed to the cast, while they are unaware of it so far. This would have been an excellent premise with the good renders that we can see in the game. However, the game falls short on the story aspect. The players are told that MC is close with his friends, but the player hasn't become invested in their characters yet. MC already breaks the heart of his friend who has a crush on him, but we can shrug it off as the player probably doesn't care about her. The game is too fast paced imo, it has become somewhat of a fuckfest while spending very little time with the characters.

The music sounds good.

Overall - 8.5/10. Excellent on the visual aspect, writers need to create a more compelling story and characters. Has potential to become one of the best games on the site. Good luck to the dev and hope to see the new update soon!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Caryland

The renders and animations are simply top notch. Love how each render has some movement in them with the camera or some camera artifact or something in the foreground, keeps each render very interesting. The girls as well are super amazing looking. And with them in animations, amazing. Honestly some of if not the best animations I have seen in renpy game.

The looks alone would make this a 5 start game, what brings it down a little is the story. The writing is fine, but the story is still very early in its development and yet we're already jumping around a lot with some girls and breaking the hearts of others. It's hard to care about the characters thus far as the author tries to convey that you've all been friends for years, but as the reader we're just meeting them for the first time, and have no affinity for any of them. That's why when some new girls show up and are playful and a lot more forward, it's easy to fall for them as we don't have much attachment to the characters who we're supposedly lifelong friends with.

So the story would right now be a 3/5 so in total I'd give it 4 out of 5. Story still raw, but it's worth playing just to look at, truly great amazing looking stuff, just need some more relationship building to truly invest and care in the characters.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Exterant

As of v.0.2.3:
    With probably some of the best visuals in the AVN world, it's a shame that Dreamland is extremely shallow and fast-paced in its storytelling. I cannot explain how stunning the character models and renders of this game are. They are genuinely some of the best I have ever seen. Although these are great, the storytelling and fast-paced plot are so quick that it makes me lose interest quickly. I'm not completely opposed to the writing or the characters themselves, but again, it is way too fast-paced. Now, maybe I'm being a bit too harsh since it's only two updates into the game, but the rate at which the updates are being put out versus the content within each update is disappointing. I'm hoping that this game can really turn into something fantastic!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

midnightmo0n

Rated 4 stars for now. Some pointers: Can add more animations. Attention to the dialogue and speech edits. Music choice can also match the mood better. Keep it up. This has the potential for 5 stars. Take your time and hope to see an amazin final piece.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

EDIT: Down 2/5 from 4/5
    The game's engine is messed up. It always keeps crashing down and the constant render movement not only takes up a lot of power from my PC but it is also super annoying. I sometimes have to wait 10 seconds to see the complete render.

4/5
    Thank god it's not another one of those college AVNs, since there's too many of them. The theme of spring break with this whole murder mystery makes for a great plot. The visuals look so amazing. The women are so hot, especially Danielle and Mei. I'm also quite happy with the amount of feet-content this ealry on.

However, there also things that diasppointed me and one of them was the blueballing. From start we got interrupted in the prologue four months ago by our grandma, later on by Alex with Danielle on our lap, then Lea and Summer both blue balled us, and then we have three possible outcomes that include sex: One where we actually hit it off with Danielle but in my opinion wasn't enough, since Lea seems the more dominant type and thus Danielle should in contrast be the more submissive one, then we have almost sex with Lea but get interrupted and later knocked out by Alex, and we also have Mei and that in itself was a huge disappointment.

Since she's this innocent woman we're bound to be in a relationship with her if we wanna smash. But we didn't even make it which's so disappointing. Why couldn't she give us at least a handjob?
    The story and visuals make it a nice game with the women looking hot and the group consisting of many characters that to some degree have a good chemistry together (although Alex has proven he's ready to put Lea above everyone else which kinda is a dick move already). However the constant blue balling and the unnecessary moving renders drop the fun quite a bit. The animations also use too much of my laptop's performance.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

Visuals so good, you just gotta try it out...:cool:

The Dev here really knows their way around Daz3D models and getting the renders to look great.
    • The characters, the settings, the backgrounds, the water, the sky, the menu, the penis symbol replacing the Apple logo...incredible effort into the details that make this game visually pop.
    • I think the Dev also has a good sense of humor and really knows how to place the assets to make a funny scene or create suspense. Not only that, but the non-sexual animations and effects they utilise and incorporate into the UI is superb. The animations for the sex scenes so far are also really nice,
    Story wise, it seems to be a teen slasher genre.
    • Its got a group of really horny college students going away for spring break, with suspense (maybe horror/slasher) elements added in there.
    • As it often goes with the teen/slasher type genre, most characters are hot and horny but generally unlikeable. So the story may be a turn-off for players wanting more character development before the handjobs get cranked out.
    • So it's more focused on the lust rather than lovey doveyness...which in this case is mainly aimed towards the MC and his biggus dickus. The love interests are all horny and most are ready to put out from the get go.
    • The player decisions clearly impact the story lines (and sex scenes) real quick, which is good to see.
    • The part where it falls short is the dialogue - clearly the dev isn't a native english speaker and it's unfortunate that the stiff, unnatural english is getting in the way of the great presentation/tone of the story.

Overall, it's a little too early to say how the story will pan out. But as long the dev maintains this level of quality and improves on the animation? Well worth it to see it through to the end.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

MarkosNZ

The sexiest girls of any game I have played.
    Sexual content happens early but the game still leaves a lot to look forward to.

Needs a better cover image. I feel this game isn't getting the attention it deserves because the sexy girls are not advertised.

I didn't know about it until the second chapter is & I almost didn't check it out.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

bebiho

Pros -
    Sound and UI
    Top tier renders and animations
    Hot girls
    Decent looking MC

Negative -
    Story is not written well
    Characters are dislikeable (Alex, Mei, Summer, Lea)
    MC is a wuss and lacks personality - you let girls use you and let Alex boss you around when hes not even dating Lea
    Lack of real choices

The best friend Alex is a complete simp and a lousy friend. loses his mind like a teenage boy going through puberty when he meets a hot chick. Mei is a clingy virgin, Summer, Lea and Danielle are nothing but bang and dump.

If you ignore the text and just enjoy the visuals, sure it's a nice time.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Ash1111

The story is still developing looking forward for future releases. The thing is man the renders and animation are top notch god tier. The animations are so fluid that it rivals the top tier adult vn out there. Lets hope is keeps getting better from here
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 435834

[v0.2.2]

Minor spoiler warning

This game definitely has its pros and cons. Let's discuss..

I was quite impressed by some of the aspects. The subtle animations outside of H-scenes definitely declares it a game worthy of attention. But who gives a fuck about the 20%? Let's talk about the real important things...

I do not like majority of the cast. Mei is queen, plain & simple, but the other girls - Summer, Dannielle, Lea, are absolute hoes, especially the latter two. They have been nothing but an unwelcomed annoyance and a bad influence on the only decent girl this game has so far. I was off-put by many of their actions. Even the male best-friend isn't a bro. He seems the type to choose to sell you out for pussy than storm Normandy with you if you were in trouble.

With all that being said, I believe the story so far has been entertaining enough to keep playing and promises to be much more so in the future.
    Some of the girls, like Summer who isn't a complete slut, can easily be fixed, whereas the other ones deserve only to be side-chick material.
    I hope the dev knows what he is doing in-terms of the story, because otherwise all the effort put into creating such a visually stunning game - is massively wasted if the players do not bond with its cast, the crème de la crème, of these games, imo.

The best thing about this game is its lead interest - Mei. She is a total queen. I believe every man needs a Mei by his side to help him take on the world and make it a better place.

I read some of the other reviews about the characters sounding robotic, well I didn't feel that. Seems they fixed it for my version. So, well done.

TL; DR: Fun game to try out, has potential, but could easily turn out garbage if the story keeps putting MC with unlikeable women.

I may change my rating in the future, but as of 6th of April, 2023 - it's a 4/5. Good luck on your journey, Dev!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Shein Shelten

Great game. Reminds me of S****r H**t: as plot, as visual part and characters (a jealous hot chick in friend zone and etc). Everything is at the highest level, except for floating static renders, I would like this "feature" to be optional.