• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Ren'Py Completed Dreaming With Elsa [Final] [Tora Productions]

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I started to write a reply, got frustrated and deleted it. I wrote a second, got even more frustrated, and deleted it as well.

Long story short, although this one doesn't force to you see women who love each other, you shouldn't play my games.

Tlaero

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
I started to write a reply, got frustrated and deleted it. I wrote a second, got even more frustrated, and deleted it as well.

Long story short, although this one doesn't force to you see women who love each other, you shouldn't play my games.

Tlaero
Good for you! Your stories and you write them.. follow your muse and don't let anyone get under your skin if you can help it.. playing 'Darkness falls' and enjoying it so much that I went searching for other titles.. Belatedly recognized who wrote the story I was immersed in after the fact.. so much talent in this team. I tip my hat to you.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thank you, BarbarrossaNA! Probably next week I'm going to release a single Renpy collection with all of the HTML era Elsaverse stuff (5 games, 5 visual short stories, 4 text short stories, and a novella) in one release (Elsaverse Omnibus Vol1). No changes in what you're playing now, they'll just all be together in one release.

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I haven't done any Android ports, but there are people who do them from time to time. The ideal would be for them to do one for the Elsaverse Omnibus, since that includes this game and a bunch of other ones.

Tlaero

stymiez

Mar 5, 2021
whats up with " Extra Stories: - - " i click and nothing >.< are they somewhere else? says i cannot see it or something

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
whats up with " Extra Stories: - - " i click and nothing >.< are they somewhere else? says i cannot see it or something
You'll be better off downloading the Omnibus with the 5 games and all the short extra stories from this universe

Reactions: stymiez

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
A little bit of thread necromancy here. I saw a playthrough of Elsa's Nightmares and started looking for the games. I downloaded the omnibus game and, in looking through the renders, saw a Chloe scene I didn't trigger using a few variations of play. I came to this thread and found links for walk throughs that could get you that route, but the two links if found seem to be dead.

Is there an available walkthrough somewhere? I saw that the key is somehow a combination of my approaches, but I don't really want to spend three weeks going through all of the combinations...

Any help here? Thanks.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thank you for playing! I'm not sure if ExLibris's walkthroughs are still around. I had a somewhat ... contentious ... relationship with her and didn't follow the site too closely.

Internally, the two main paths in DwE use the variables "Black" and "White." The Chloe path is the "Gray" one. It was intentionally supposed to be hard, because some people consistently wanted a challenge back in the day, so do this on the "Hard" difficulty.

The basic way it works is that most conversation options have 3 choices. One is the respectful one, one is the sexual/fratboy one, and one is the boring one that does nothing for you. On the normal playthroughs, you should consistently go for one or the other of the conversation options. For the Chloe path, you want to have an equal number of black and white responses. So alternate between them. If I remember correctly, the score message changed to something like, "You're confusing" instead of "You're respectful" when you're doing it right.

There are also a few places where you can get Chloe points. There's one where you're talking to Elsa and Chloe upstairs in the bookstore and you can look at Elsa or look at Chloe. Look at Chloe. There's also one where you're talking to Chloe when Elsa isn't around. One of the options there is one Chloe would like more than the others. Things like that.

Any global points you can get with Elsa (Like when you check out her rear) you should still get, unless there's a Chloe thing you can do instead (like the one I described above).

I hope that helps.

Tlaero

Reactions: EndlessNights

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Thank you for playing! I'm not sure if ExLibris's walkthroughs are still around. I had a somewhat ... contentious ... relationship with her and didn't follow the site too closely.

Internally, the two main paths in DwE use the variables "Black" and "White." The Chloe path is the "Gray" one. It was intentionally supposed to be hard, because some people consistently wanted a challenge back in the day, so do this on the "Hard" difficulty.

The basic way it works is that most conversation options have 3 choices. One is the respectful one, one is the sexual/fratboy one, and one is the boring one that does nothing for you. On the normal playthroughs, you should consistently go for one or the other of the conversation options. For the Chloe path, you want to have an equal number of black and white responses. So alternate between them. If I remember correctly, the score message changed to something like, "You're confusing" instead of "You're respectful" when you're doing it right.

There are also a few places where you can get Chloe points. There's one where you're talking to Elsa and Chloe upstairs in the bookstore and you can look at Elsa or look at Chloe. Look at Chloe. There's also one where you're talking to Chloe when Elsa isn't around. One of the options there is one Chloe would like more than the others. Things like that.

Any global points you can get with Elsa (Like when you check out her rear) you should still get, unless there's a Chloe thing you can do instead (like the one I described above).

I hope that helps.

Tlaero
Thank you.

I played "pure" paths first, starting with "romantic", then doing "sexual". When I noted the missing scenes, I did the "sexual" route again, but took all of the opportunities to look at the waitress and Chloe that were offered (thought that might trigger something in the dual temptation dream scene), so I did get the peekabo on the railing. Since it starts as "confused" that lets me know how I can keep track as I progress. Will be trying it later.

Also, I thought "Elsa's Nightmares" might be part of the omnibus, but didn't see it there. Fortunately it was still available standalone.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Thank you.

I played "pure" paths first, starting with "romantic", then doing "sexual". When I noted the missing scenes, I did the "sexual" route again, but took all of the opportunities to look at the waitress and Chloe that were offered (thought that might trigger something in the dual temptation dream scene), so I did get the peekabo on the railing. Since it starts as "confused" that lets me know how I can keep track as I progress. Will be trying it later.

Also, I thought "Elsa's Nightmares" might be part of the omnibus, but didn't see it there. Fortunately it was still available standalone.
Elsa's Nightmares and all of the following titles will be part of a second omnibus down the road. These newer titles are made in Ren'Py and use different image aspect ratio than the older HTML games, which is the reason why they can't be thrown together in the same Ren'Py bundle.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
What Moskys said is correct. Renpy doesn't like mixing images of differing aspect rations. The games that come after the Omnibus are currently Elsa's Nightmares, Elsaverse: Transitions, and Chasing Beth. Although we're currently working on a non-Elsaverse game (Toro 7), my plan is to go back to the Elsaverse after that.

Tlaero

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
What Moskys said is correct. Renpy doesn't like mixing images of differing aspect rations. The games that come after the Omnibus are currently Elsa's Nightmares, Elsaverse: Transitions, and Chasing Beth. Although we're currently working on a non-Elsaverse game (Toro 7), my plan is to go back to the Elsaverse after that.

Tlaero
I didn't realize. Thanks. That will allow me to follow the path better.

And I started trying to make my way through the minefield to get Chloe. I tried alternating answers, then realized there are at least two places where you need a minimum score to move along - having that display when you're getting to that point is helpful, although not being able to scroll back and the game doing a hard-end on me was a bit annoying (mostly because I was hot and uncomfortable due to a problem with my AC). I'll be saving more frequently - even though the game is relatively quick to play, going back to the beginning gets old. Will probably do the "sexual" route as I think that might work better after getting past the second hurdle to comingle responses to get to the "confused" result for the Chloe encounter that seems to be part of the late game dream sequence.

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
You're playing the Renpy version, aren't you? You should be able to scroll back with the mouse wheel. I think pageup does it too. All the normal renpy ways should work.

Make sure you get all of the extra points, including looking at Elsa's rear, picking the book, and reading it. Etc. Also, at dinner I'm pretty sure you need to look at Elsa, not the waitress. Your eyes should only stray for Chloe.

Tlaero

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You're playing the Renpy version, aren't you? You should be able to scroll back with the mouse wheel. I think pageup does it too. All the normal renpy ways should work.

Make sure you get all of the extra points, including looking at Elsa's rear, picking the book, and reading it. Etc. Also, at dinner I'm pretty sure you need to look at Elsa, not the waitress. Your eyes should only stray for Chloe.

Tlaero
Normally, yes, but if I don't make the point goal and advance a slide, automation takes over, the game advances to the main menu screen and I'm not allowed to scroll backwards. This isn't uncommon in Renpy games.

And thanks for the hint. Wondered about whether the waitress should be ignored in the Chloe route.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Okay, I just checked the code. You want to be "confusing," you want to have the max score you can get while being confusing, and you need to focus on Chloe in a few places. There's a part where you can compliment her legs. There's a place where you can look down her shirt and then do it again, and there's the part where Elsa is talking and you can look at Chloe twice. Make sure you get those five "silver" points.

Tlaero

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Okay, I just checked the code. You want to be "confusing," you want to have the max score you can get while being confusing, and you need to focus on Chloe in a few places. There's a part where you can compliment her legs. There's a place where you can look down her shirt and then do it again, and there's the part where Elsa is talking and you can look at Chloe twice. Make sure you get those five "silver" points.

Tlaero
I basically gave up trying to get it. With the minimum points goals in at least the first three segments of the game, it appears impossible to clear those hurdles and remain confusing at the same time, so it seems I have to go a route for a bit, then get confusing somewhere late in the game. However, playing through a game with 70-80 point earning questions, and others in between that may impact the bonus scene, but have no associated points, could easily require over 100 play-throughs without a guide.

Without a walkthrough it feels like we have to solve a triple-inverse Konami code and then enter the first thousand digits of pi as identified by the Fibonacci progression. I've enjoyed these games so far (and was impressed by the "nightmares" vids I saw), but I have other games I'd like to play as well in my limited time for such activities.

I'm encountering the same issue with the three apparently available extra scenes in Jessica, where I played parallel games with the counter on and off, figuring you had to be complex to get all of the best stuff, but not able to stay that route, eventually being well rounded if I wanted my points to continue advancing. I haven't moved beyond Jessica yet and am contemplating my time investment, as the walk-through for that game is also no longer available.

I think there's a little bit of sadism in the game writing style where it comes to getting the right choice combos to unlock the bonus bits, but I'm just here to have fun and masochism isn't my kink. :confused:

If the walk-throughs resurface, I can maybe try again.

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes