• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Dragon Girl X Universe [v1.0] [Shutulu]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Krusher87

TL;DR: Bad art, terrible dialogue, and flat-out tedious gameplay. A lot of effort, but no time spent learning the fundamentals of what makes a game good and sadly isn't worth your time.

Gameplay 2/10: Boring. Gameplay is split into two sections. Combat and fetch quests. The combat is grindy and lackluster. You're left to attack, use items, or abilities. It works on an initiative timer where your speed dictates how long until you get until your next action. It results in boring gameplay where you must grind to get money and xp, level up, kill things, and grind again. The fetch quests are fine but sometimes I'm left wondering what to do next. One time I was talking to Pan who mentioned trying to find a god. I was not told where this person was, but I was supposed to go to a different character to ask, then be told that I should relay this info back to Pan, only to have an H scene, leave, and find myself back where I started with no sense of direction on where to go next. Speaking of H-Scenes, they're not great.

CG 2/10: They don't look great. Maybe it's the awkward movements of the joints or the way you can see the art being cropped when the characters move, but it isn't worth it. The lack of dialogue build-up or wind-down doesn't help it either. There's a solid chance that a scene will just end without any dialogue afterward or it will cut to an empty room.

Dialogue 1/10: But the dialogue is awful. The awkward structuring when Hero just says, "taking" when handing Caulifla a beer, starting sentences with lowercase with bad grammar and spelling, and just how unnatural everyone speaks like how Vados says, "remember to check level of life and ki to be able to use techniques and do not fall in combat we count on you" all make the dialogue feel like filler for the game.

Art 2/10: I'm really sorry to the creator, but it's not good. The artstyle clashes so much so often. Sometimes it's a 3D render of a room, sometimes it's drawn, and sometimes it's a photo-realistic image of the Earth. There are also a lot of artifacts of where things came from. The Saiyan armor still has remnants of the white background which was removed, the Hero's hair looks different from the rest of the body, and the sprites when you click on them look completely different from the speaking sprites (which only have one expression/pose).

Girls 3/10: There are a lot of different girls to choose from, but they all act somewhat similarly. They want a certain item, act horny, and the Hero helps them out or they "punish" the Hero for being horny. They're all one-dimensional and there are only three main archetypes in the game. Dom, sub, nymphomaniac.

Story 4/10: Honestly, not bad. There are far too many plotlines happening at once and sometimes I can't understand what the characters are trying to say, but from the parts I can get, it's fine. Nothing groundbreaking, but not frustrating. It mostly consists of someone wanting something and then falling in love/lust with the Hero. Probably the best part of the game, but it's still bogged down by all my previous issues.