Ren'Py Abandoned Dragon Date [December Demo] [Akemari Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
is the game officially abandoned or assumed because of silence/past delays ?
Forget about this. Dev handed over the game to someone else and wrote on discord something like "you guys should be happy, I could have easily disappear but I didn't" :ROFLMAO:
The new guy might finish it in 2030 or something.

Reactions: redsling and RNDM
Sep 22, 2021
Forget about this. Dev handed over the game to someone else and wrote on discord something like "you guys should be happy, I could have easily disappear but I didn't" :ROFLMAO:
The new guy might finish it in 2030 or something.
Hey man some of us still have the faintest hope for tsundere dragon waifu game

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
is the game officially abandoned or assumed because of silence/past delays ?
I'd take it as officially abandoned.

Last we heard she'd passed the game over to another dev but that dev hasn't delivered, well, anything.

Basically we've had years of silence and excuses with a demo to show for it and at the end of all that she quits and says someone else will take over.

That take over went about as well as can be expected and now this is a lesson for those of us that backed it to never back a project by an unproven developer.

Reactions: masterdragonson
Sep 22, 2021
I'd take it as officially abandoned.

Last we heard she'd passed the game over to another dev but that dev hasn't delivered, well, anything.

Basically we've had years of silence and excuses with a demo to show for it and at the end of all that she quits and says someone else will take over.

That take over went about as well as can be expected and now this is a lesson for those of us that backed it to never back a project by an unproven developer.
It was a damn good demo tho :cry:

Reactions: redsling

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
Never trusted Kickstarter, Patreon and such things.

I have always been against donating money una tantum or monthly for no personal gain.

With Kickstarter or Patreon you, in short, gift money to someone in the " hope " that he/she eventually will deliver a product.

But you have no assurance that he/she will deliver.

Nor you can complain if he/she gets the money and run away, because people tend to forget that donating money on Patreon / Kickstarter is like:

going out to the market, stopping a random stranger, giving him some money and asking him to please buy some oranges for you.

How many strangers will actually buy your oranges and bring those to you, instead of simply taking your money and run away?

In the end, the developer ran away with an orange worthy of ( was it 15 thousand dollars that this game's developer gained with Kickstarter? ) and the backers were left with dust in their hands.

Me? Honestly, i don't buy hope. I buy a service or a finished product. Else, my wallet is closed.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
With Kickstarter or Patreon you, in short, gift money to someone in the " hope " that he/she eventually will deliver a product.
I don't mind Patreon because it's not a store front, it's a tip jar.

Patreon is just a case of "I like what you do, here is some money so you can do more".

Kickstarter is supposed to be giving someone money and eventually getting a finished product. Sadly it's also seen far too many scams.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Never trusted Kickstarter, Patreon and such things.

I have always been against donating money una tantum or monthly for no personal gain.

But you have no assurance that he/she will deliver.

Nor you can complain if he/she gets the money and run away, because people tend to forget that donating money on Patreon / Kickstarter is like:

going out to the market, stopping a random stranger, giving him some money and asking him to please buy some oranges for you.

How many strangers will actually buy your oranges and bring those to you, instead of simply taking your money and run away?

In the end, the developer ran away with an orange worthy of ( was it 15 thousand dollars that this game's developer gained with Kickstarter? ) and the backers were left with dust in their hands.

Me? Honestly, i don't buy hope. I buy a service or a finished product. Else, my wallet is closed.
I'm sure there's a good number of people that don't go into it with bad intentions. Most of those people probably have no experience making what they're pitching, let alone any idea how to manage production of said product. In the same sense, the guys throwing money at these people aren't exactly experienced enough to gauge credibility. Like pretty much anyone can hire someone else to put together nice looking assets and even a trailer, but neither of those things equate to a good game. But that's all it takes for some people to shell out hundreds, if not thousands of dollars and trust said product will come out in like 2 years without a hitch.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote