Dont know what game the save is from

Idontcare135

Feb 23, 2020
So i was cleaning my computer and ended up deleting games that i had already finished that version.
Right now i remembered that i didn't keep the saves and was able to recover the saves but i dont know how to know from which game is each save
Can anyone help me?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What is your operative system and how did you recover the save files? Screenshot?

If the filename ends by .save, it may be from a Renpy game. Rename its file extension as .zip and open it: there is a screenshot inside, you should guess which game it is from the picture. The version number of the game is stored in the "json" file.
If the filename ends by .rpgsave, it may be from a MV game. Upload it on saveeditonline.com or use RPGMakerMVSaveEditor and search for strings such as _name or _nickname, they are the characters names. Or read the rest of the strings. The title of the game is saved into global.rpgsave (which is not a regular save though).

Reactions: Idontcare135

Idontcare135

Feb 23, 2020
What is your operative system and how did you recover the save files? Screenshot?

If the filename ends by .save, it may be from a Renpy game. Rename its file extension as .zip and open it: there is a screenshot inside, you should guess which game it is from the picture. The version number of the game is stored in the "json" file.
If the filename ends by .rpgsave, it may be from a MV game. Upload it on saveeditonline.com or use RPGMakerMVSaveEditor and search for strings such as _name or _nickname, they are the characters names. Or read the rest of the strings. The title of the game is saved into global.rpgsave (which is not a regular save though).
I only play renpy games practically . I will try to do what you said.
Thanks

Reactions: scrumbles

Idontcare135

Feb 23, 2020
I only play renpy games practically . I will try to do what you said.
Thanks
I honestly think im only gonna be able to recover the save from 1 game cause every other one says either that the file is corrupt/unknown format or another information in winrar