Unreal Engine DomJoi Office [development thread]

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Howdy!

This is my first post as the game developer :). I’m currently working on an Unreal Engine based game named DomJoi Office. I would like DomJoi Office to be next-gen Virtual Succubus, with less “task list” like configuration, without sub-sub-sub-menus, with mature looking model and other improvements. The other games in that genre that I liked are My Desktop Succubus and Lady Thunder so some inspirations might be taken :).

I hope that with time, we could create a friendly community around it.

Overview:

DomJoi is an umbrella name for Succubus, Lamia, Empusa and other kind of demon that feed on human vitality ;). The game itself is femdom JOI like experience. The game aims to support plethora of kinks, toys, names and activities.

Technical details:

- Game is based on Unreal Engine 5.2.
- Main model is Primrose created by Ryan Reos
- ATM game is Windows PC only, but I want to add support for MacOS and Linux later.

Game is in early development, v0.1 should be available within a week.

Download links:

MEGA:

Last edited:

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Howdy,

I'm pleased to announce v0.1 of this project. It's a PoC, so it's bare bones in many places:

- The JOI tasks are totally randomized.
- There is no task clustering.
- No feedback loop (if you disobey, just skip the task).
- The "cum" button won't end the session.
- The length of the session is randomized between 10-15 minutes.
- There is no voice acting (I have already bought some assets).
- Only one facial expression ATM :eek:
- The controls part of the menu is generic and will be removed in the future.

I know of two bugs and one thing that should be improved ATM (I will fix them for v0.2, which I plan to release around 20.08.2023):

1. The introduction UI animation is duplicated.
2. Sometimes the text is wrapped in a peculiar manner.
3. There is no need for a full fadeout/fadein cycle when the position is the same.

Now, the things that work:

- You can name your DomJoi.
- You can set kinks (Oral, Anal, Speaking, CBT, Nipples, Workout, Degradation).
- There are 6 animations ATM (3 for endings). TBH, I will create a new pipeline for animations with DAZ 3D and spike (short exploratory PoC).
- You can set the game engine settings (graphics, audio, etc.) in the menu.
- You can play the game :).
- There are 4 endings.

Instructions:

- After starting, set the graphics settings to fit your computer. This is an Unreal Engine game, so it's quite computationally heavy.
- Set the game settings in "Settings -> Gameplay" and save them.
- If the music is too loud, you can adjust the volume in "Settings -> Audio."

The link is in the Download section of first post. The game is Windows only ATM, but since I'm Linux user I will probably add it later.

Your feedback matter to me. If you can please send DM with bug report, typos, grammar etc.

I know that this is not much, but when I think about a lot of task ahead I know that I made a good base in many places/aspects.

Best,
DomJoiDev

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Thank you very much! I'm full employed so it's no easy to find time for development. Still you can see current progress here ->

Note that all task closed for previous releases are archived (in other case "Done" will be clusterfuck after single release :)).

I should release about 20th, but please don't hold me hostage on this date :).

Best,
DomJOIDev

Reactions: homie_simpson

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Howdy!

I have just released version v0.2. You can read changelog in my patreon or itch.io (both open to public).

Mega Link:

Well I hoped that I will be able to create a little bit more content for this release, but c'est la vie.

For next release I plan adding events queues (it should make a game better in meaning that it will allow better event handling, additional events during task etc). I should enable also a new animations that are already ready but not used ATM. There should be also worship releated tasks etc. I try to post a little bit more in future :).

Please remeber that game is very early stage and a lot of things is not working yet.

• Yay, new update!

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Howdy!

I have just released version v0.3 - changelog in Patreon and Itch.io.

Mega Link:

I decided that next release will have different lifecycle with shorter time between releases :).

This is WIP stash work from about 10 days ago as current build is not working :) [I'm making a lot of changes :)].

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
slider Thank You for your suggestion. I'm a little bit shy TBH as game is in early development I'm afraid that it will make bad impression. Next update should have more animations and I promise that I will include screen shots and will try to get on the "latest updates" and get more traction.

Best,
DomJoiDev

Reactions: slider

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Also, if you have a patreon and an Itch.io page, you should link those, people don't want to search for anything.
What most do is create an account signature, where they put their links, so that its always available and you never have to re type it.

I did find your itch.io page. While you say your shy, I find it concerning that the itch.io page only has a change long, and you are only providing mega links, which is a red flag that you are trying to distribute malware. I can't say much about how Mega likes to handle files, but it is a bit of a wild west, where as Itch.io does have some moderation and security.

So while you may be shy to show things (if your a hobbyist then yeah your graphics probably will be amature, nothing special about that), even though you are new to this (i'm guessing), if you haven't been in the adult gaming space as long as most other players/users, then you may not realize how important it is to be transparent, and to do all the things that other developers do, not because you need to be professional or that you need to compete with everyone, but because it what's most players are used to, what they expect, and willing to trust. But right now this level of 'incomplete' is more of a put-off than bad graphics would be.

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Saki_Sliz Thank you for your input. I added small signature to my profile.

I made a huge changes to the game. It's first version that was "playable" for me :devilish: .

The detailed changelog:

neatherme

Sep 6, 2018
No matter what version of the game I try, it gives a fatal error as soon as the game loads. It says "Fatal Error!" and "The UE-DomJoi Office game has crashed and will close". I've tried running as administrator, disabling fullscreen, running in troubleshooting mode, still no luck.

Reactions: DomJoiDev

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
neatherme Could you tell me about your specs? System version and basic of hardware? I start discord in two weeks, so there will be easier way to give feedback and bugreports than this forum.

You can send me PM or write it here :).

Thank you in advance.

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Sorry for second post. But if you could include screenshot of the error message it might be very helpful. *I hope that there is more info than just Fatal error and what you already posted.*

neatherme

Sep 6, 2018
I don't have enough posts to where it will allow me to direct message users yet, but here is the error.

Basic system specs: AMD Ryzen 5700G, RX 6700 XT, 32GB RAM, lots of storage.

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
neatherme, Yeah I also cannot message you :(. Which windows version are you using? I will try to supply you with DX11 instead of Vulcan + debug version before weekend, but currently I'm very busy.

Best,
DomJoiDev

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
Howdy!

Thanks for all feedback! I just released the new version ->

Best,
DomJoiDev

If you have any question I'm willing to answer them.

neatherme

Sep 6, 2018
Howdy!

Thanks for all feedback! I just released the new version ->

Best,
DomJoiDev

If you have any question I'm willing to answer them.
I'm getting the same "fatal error" I reported earlier in the thread when I try the new update.

Reactions: DomJoiDev

DomJoiDev

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2023
I'm getting the same "fatal error" I reported earlier in the thread when I try the new update.
neatherme On itch.io I add the debug version of current development branch. Could you try to run the DomJoiOffice-Win64-DebugGame that is in Binaries/Win64 directory?