VN Others Completed Doki Doki Oyako Lesson ~Oshiete ♪ H na Obenkyou~ Mother Daughter Heart touching Lesson [Tinkerbell]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Marphey

May 13, 2019
So many posts about the virus detection. Why does noone answer that simple question whether is safe to allow that on pc or not ?

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
So many posts about the virus detection. Why does noone answer that simple question whether is safe to allow that on pc or not ?
Because this is semi common when a) running older VNs that have a Japanese locale b) when using some fan patch translations and or fan cracks. c) if a patch had to edit a reg or DLL file it has been modified outside the normal process to bypass security. d) some DRM cracks also will bring up a warning because again these files are breaking the law.

People seem to forget that your ruining outdated software and using cracks, two things most virus scans don't want you to use.
A lot of cracks are manually written by non secure methods meaning the files could be bad so these scans will just lump them all together when they are picked up by scans as potentially unsafe

Reactions: LewdBoiWinston

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I think it's because I am being dumb, but I have no idea how to get the game running even with the instructions. Would anyone have a video tutorial?

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
So this game gave an AV error, so I repackaged it without the offending file (reg.exe). It seems like it was a false positive all along, but the game itself does not require it to run, so there is no reason to distribute it.

This has the 80% English Translation and only requires extraction (no installation). The walkthrough/guide and the 100% save file are included in the "Full-savegame" subfolder. Tested working on Windows 8.1 and 10 21H2.

(769.1 MB-> extracts to 1.06GB)
CRC32: ECF5544E
SHA1: 7ef0e8b819d73d20671b2568f66e7deb7911325b

Instructions:
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Run "oyakolesson.exe" with a JPN locale emulator

kimkun

Sep 29, 2017
So this game gave an AV error, so I repackaged it without the offending file (reg.exe). It seems like it was a false positive all along, but the game itself does not require it to run, so there is no reason to distribute it.

This has the 80% English Translation and only requires extraction (no installation). The walkthrough/guide and the 100% save file are included in the "Full-savegame" subfolder. Tested working on Windows 8.1 and 10 21H2.

Mega - Doki Doki Oyako Lesson.7z (769.1 MB-> extracts to 1.06GB)
CRC32: ECF5544E
SHA1: 7ef0e8b819d73d20671b2568f66e7deb7911325b

Instructions:
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Run "oyakolesson.exe" with a JPN locale emulator
thank! i can't install game even i have japan locale. this save me

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Does anyone know of a tool that works to extract/insert strings from this game? I would like to add it to my list of games that I want to work on to finish the last 20% translation as edited MTL, but VNTranslationTools does not work right for this title.

The game engine is "Cyberworks/CSystem", not to be confused with "CatSystem", or "SystemC" and the game uses Arc.dat files The scripts are in Arc04.dat. How did the original translation team put together their patch? I have not been able to find out any more information.

Update: The files appear to be unencrypted but in binary format. I wonder if I can reverse engineer this.

Update2: Okay, tiny bit of progress.

If I dump the raw hex of the .a0 files into and notepad++, then it gives me sane-looking output for shift-jis, but filled with a lot of garbage as well, so these are definitely shift-jis encoded binary scripts.
So I think I just have to figure out a pattern to all those control bytes. There seem to be a lot of M#N or M#NF ascii characters too. I wonder what they mean.

The issue for VNTranslationTools with this game is a packing bug. It extracts the shift-jis encoded text to utf-8 just fine.
There is also this comment that helps explain what is going on.
And this code is what has the bug.

So, I think if I learn C#, then I can learn how the existing unpacking tool was working, which might allow me to fix the repacking bug or write my own unpacker/repacker for this title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsarius and vinny19

PombaTomandoCafe999

Feb 27, 2019
Does anyone know of a tool that works to extract/insert strings from this game? I would like to add it to my list of games that I want to work on to finish the last 20% translation as edited MTL, but VNTranslationTools does not work right for this title.

The game engine is "Cyberworks/CSystem", not to be confused with "CatSystem", or "SystemC" and the game uses Arc.dat files The scripts are in Arc04.dat. How did the original translation team put together their patch? I have not been able to find out any more information.

Update: The files appear to be unencrypted but in binary format. I wonder if I can reverse engineer this.

Update2: Okay, tiny bit of progress.

If I dump the raw hex of the .a0 files into and notepad++, then it gives me sane-looking output for shift-jis, but filled with a lot of garbage as well, so these are definitely shift-jis encoded binary scripts.
So I think I just have to figure out a pattern to all those control bytes. There seem to be a lot of M#N or M#NF ascii characters too. I wonder what they mean.

The issue for VNTranslationTools with this game is a packing bug. It extracts the shift-jis encoded text to utf-8 just fine.
There is also this comment that helps explain what is going on.
And this code is what has the bug.

So, I think if I learn C#, then I can learn how the existing unpacking tool was working, which might allow me to fix the repacking bug or write my own unpacker/repacker for this title.

Wow, didn't expect someone actually find more technical stuff about this game and their translation project, this game is such a gem and it's so sad it's no fully translated, I wonder if I can make a ren'py remake just like 'do you like horny bunnies?', just to make it more accessible to more recent hardware, and we have the entire CG rip, just need to make a decent interface and adapt the route mechanics
:cry:

Of course it would be more slow than actually figuring out how to patch this game but man, imagine playing it even on android

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Of course it would be more slow than actually figuring out how to patch this game but man, imagine playing it even on android
Status update! Thanks to the help of an amazing member on this forum that I have not asked for permission to name yet, the patching process has been figured out!
snip.progress.png
Here is the code for it...
Code:
mkdir arc04Unpacked.raw
.\CSystemArc.exe unpack .\Arc01.dat .\Arc04.dat arc04Unpacked.raw
cp -r arc04Unpacked.raw arc04Unpacked.modified
mkdir textScripts
.\VNTextPatch\VNTextPatch.exe extractlocal .\arc04Unpacked.raw\ .\textScripts\

::<alter the files in textScripts>

.\VNTextPatch\VNTextPatch.exe insertlocal .\arc04Unpacked.raw\ .\textScripts\ .\arc04Unpacked.modified\
.\CSystemArc.exe pack 22 .\arc04Unpacked.modified\ .\Arc01.dat .\Arc04.dat
However, that requires some custom code in VNTTextPatch.exe which requires recompiling it from source. The code is not quite working right, so I do not want to post it here or the binaries yet, but it will be released later.
As a bit of trivia, apparently "C,System" stands for "Crimson System" by Cyberworks, according to the in-game UI. Since repacking works, I went ahead and MTL'd the entire game and now just need to edit the last 20% before releasing it.

There are still some bugs I need to work out though:
  • line breaks
  • why the CSystemArc.exe repacker sometimes doesn't work?
  • some minor corruption in the displayed character names
  • making sure nothing crashes
But progress!

• Love
Reactions: PombaTomandoCafe999

PombaTomandoCafe999

Feb 27, 2019
Okay so I got the CG rip from Hitomi.la, still missing a lot off assets (like their in-dialogue sprites). I'm not in home rn so I'll need to download the game itself if I want to really extract these files.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And off course the audio files. When all in my hands, I think I should start the project at any moment. I'm wondering if I really use renpy or godot (because it's the engine where I'm most skilled), but probably going into renpy since I don't wanna have a headache with the save system.

UPDATE: After digging really deeper into some forums, I've found a tool that can extract all the C,System engine assets, at least the pictures, going to test with audio later. If someone is interested, , really got suprised, now I have all the images to work on:

Going to test if I can extract the audios, going to update later

UPDATE2: Yeeeaaahh, zero luck with the audio, it seems the only way to extract will be myself playing the game and recording the audios by myself, will be a pain but this game deserves keep their VA.

Last edited:

PombaTomandoCafe999

Feb 27, 2019
Yesterday I've spent a time putting transparency in some sprites and starting off my ren'py project, made a silly background frame to deal with the original game's low resolution:

Also, If someone has a gitgud.io account, you can check it out (or even contribute, fork, etc, go nuts) to the project :

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Yesterday I've spent a time putting transparency in some sprites and starting off my ren'py project, made a silly background frame to deal with the original game's low resolution:
I am getting ready to release this with the workflow fully documented.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, would you like to collaborate on a release by contributing editing? I have the untranslated text, and the translated text done for the entire game. However, the translated lines need to be read at least one time by a human to make sure the subjects are correct in the translations given the context. That is the bottleneck in getting this released right now.

PombaTomandoCafe999

Feb 27, 2019
I am getting ready to release this with the workflow fully documented.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, would you like to collaborate on a release by contributing editing? I have the untranslated text, and the translated text done for the entire game. However, the translated lines need to be read at least one time by a human to make sure the subjects are correct in the translations given the context. That is the bottleneck in getting this released right now.

Happy to help in any matter if I can :D, the ren'py idea is just a hobby so I'm no hurry to release, but I can offer my assistance with your translation project as manner of possible (I'm not an english speaker so probably I'll pass some grammar errors eventually), so just let me know if you need my help

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes