Do you support/patrreon any dev?

• Yes

Votes: 82 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%

• Total voters

Rosa Melano

Jul 12, 2017
I support SummerTimeSaga cause is the first game i played and really enjoy it and keep and the thing it is free makes me feel he deserve it and recently started patreon Dreaming of Dana of great story, updates every 2 weeks.

Supported Big Brother before eric i hate that BB was promised as incest game but ended in a corruption, blackmail and degradation game.

I've send some money to support Dreams of Desire by itch.io back when Ep2 cause i have very nice hopes but i wish i could take it back, the game has no advance in terms of story since Ep2 but great renders and sexy scenes.

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
I'm a free-loader.

Too many stories of people milking the system. I would prefer paying for a finished product but the majority of games seem to have a never-ending development time.

Closest I came to handing out money was for Goblinboy content. Those were polished and worthy of AAA game dollars.

I also don't like encouraging devs to deviate from their vision. Too many start to accept suggestions and create fiction they don't necessarily enjoy writing; Most notably incest, bestiality, and foot fetish. In most cases the intrusive content is jarringly out of place, and because they don't understand the appeal, they will throw in inspired (copied) content from existing stories. I compare it to a gamer trying to describe sports.

I do appreciate everyone who donates, for encouraging the good ones to keep going. (and letting the rest of us mooch)

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I donate to a few. Probably spending about 25 a month on patreon.
I donate to the people who are producing games that I feel are more original than the million others out there and that I of course like. Idc how original the game is. If I dont like it I wont play it so why would I donate for it? xD
Im also far more likely to donate to the devs who are producing the game(s) theyre producing not for money but because they want to produce these games with or without support.
Example being Coceter Chronicles. That was actually the first game I supported on Patreon.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have not supported any game developers monetarily, but I do sometimes give back in other ways (suggestions, mods, positive words about the game, etc.), if I really like the game and I see something that I can contribute.

Hopefully this helps create more buzz for their games.

It's the paper trail thing for me (I don't want any sort of paper trail). Yeah, I could take the time to try to track down an anonymous credit card, do PayPal or something, but I don't use PayPal, and as pointed out, too many M.M.P. stories (Milking My Patrons), so I'd rather be 'uninvested' and hence not have to deal with disappointment when a project fails, as opposed grumbling about 'wasting my money' on a project.

And a number of Patreon developers seem to be doing just fine without my monetary support.

Outside of the Patreon framework, I do purchase games somewhat regularly, just not adult ones.

Plus, if the game is (eventually) getting released for free anyways, well there you go!

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Currently none because of finances this month are tight and patreon's the first to go. But I have supported Beggar of Net's My new life the most and a few others here and there.

devil_hunter

Jul 1, 2017
Reading these comments have been very interesting.
I don't, but I want to in the future. I just can't have any evidence of money going into these things or i'll get in trouble XD

as well right now I have barely any disposable income, so it would be very noticeable if I started trying to support others.

Reactions: alexferno

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
Reading these comments have been very interesting.
I don't, but I want to in the future. I just can't have any evidence of money going into these things or i'll get in trouble XD

as well right now I have barely any disposable income, so it would be very noticeable if I started trying to support others.
Most of the time when you do it with paypal it just says patreon and the amount not the name of the patreon. You do get mails but you can delete those ;)

I support multiple patreons why? Because i like the games they make and i want to support them and help them so they can continui in making those

Reactions: alexferno

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
Most of the time when you do it with paypal it just says patreon and the amount not the name of the patreon. You do get mails but you can delete those ;)

I support multiple patreons why? Because i like the games they make and i want to support them and help them so they can continui in making those
It's also gives you the right to complain. The rest of us can whine all we want, but patreons actually get noticed if they withdraw their support. Also, it can affect the behavior of other developers.

It is sad that in the land of the free, many will abstain from funding their hobbies or are forced to rely on foreign developers (with bad English translations) for many games because of the fear of reprisal (even if the characters are CGI). Why can't we all be as perverted as the Japanese/Russians?

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Too many stories of people milking the system.
This.
I think all developers should make it clear from the beginning when the game they're making should be considered "complete", so people can easily understand how far the progress is going...

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
YummyTiger, 'cause you only pay per major game update.... So probably sometime in 2020

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I do support a couple, but mostly niche stuff. I mean, I'm sure as hell the likes of Dots/DC/etc. don't need my limited funds to stay afloat, so I'd rather give them where they actually matter.

And it also boils down to content diversity. Supporting one more incest game will make it 2,579 + 1 incest games out there, but harder-to-come-by fetishes are few and far between so losing those actually matters (e.g. bestiality).

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
I support some devs on occasion. Why? Because they give me boners, is there a better reason?
True that.
But I like some basically because the games are fun. I support.... Vren, because he allows us to get into his game and make all the changes we want. KsT, because he works harder than most to give us lots of action. DarkSilver, I dropped because i thought he was not delivering on his original game plan... now I see that is not the case. Mr.C because he is one sick dude and I love it.

pb03

Jun 3, 2017
i cant imagine paying so much money a month for small incomplete works.

I pay $60-80 for a full xbox1 game, that gives me days of game play some weeks or months, the occasional one even more. So paying someone $10 - $40 a month for realistically 1 hr of extra game at most is silly. Some games that have been in beta phase for a year with not much content, slow updates, and other stuff.... so if you paid $10 a month for 12 months that $120 on the same game with say 12 hrs of game play and it's not done. Not to mention if you ar eon the the high end of $40 a month over a year thats $480 for an unfinished product. I just can't do it.