Fan Art [DMD] Dating my Daughter: Art Assets Thread

Andurin

Apr 28, 2017
Anyone who have a finish shareable version of the two brothers. The creepy one that punches F and the photographer. I need them for... reasons ^^

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
I tried but had major problems with it, mainly with the textures using this method:

But I didn't spend to much time with it to be honest, so it may have been stupidity on my end.
The cleanest way would probably be to dial a G8 as near as possible, export G3 as obj then create a G8 morph in your 3D editor from the G3 obj.
But this would also mean that you have to do a lot of texture work.
There are a few scripts and tutorial out there, but I didn't try every one of them.

EDIT:
I mostly go for changing the stuff to G3, not the figure to G8. Saves some hassle.
Found the tutorial I use to transfer G8 to G3 for clothing and so on, works for me most of the time flawless. Maybe somebody finds it useful.
Riversoft Art's Character Converter does a pretty good job. As far as textures go, you don't need to do anything. The G3F textures can be used directly on the G8F version. There is nothing that needs converting there.

Reactions: oaiki

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Hi, when i dial this parameter in, the red shirt gets messed up under the breast

View attachment 344400

and none of the dials fixes it.

In the game obviously doesn't look like this.

View attachment 344401

Any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Add DForce modifier to the shirt, and let the simulator run for a short period of time. Also, "Fit Control" can fix some problems, or at least help set the item up before running DForce on it.

Warped Animation

Game Developer
May 27, 2019
Tried to do head only. Wont let me... Is there a different program ???
Export the head morphs used only as a morph asset. Clear Daz, and load a fresh base model. Import the morph using Morph Loader Pro. Dial the head morph to 100%. Then do the conversion. My suggestion is to look on Youtube for the video on exporting the morph, and loading it and such. I want to say it was Sickleyield's video, but can't remember for sure. Anyway, parms used on export are crucial to this working. For instance, "Mesh Resolution" has to be set to "Base" with zero subdivisions in order to work, and there are several other export (and import values) that need to be used.

Reactions: JJsworld

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This post is mainly for those that are newer to this thread, that are looking for 'Dee' for fanart purposes.

I went ahead and merged the various morphs used in f95zoneuser463 's version of Dee, which he dialed in based on suggesions by Rich , with a few additional tweaks, into a single morph shape. This way, people won't need to track down the various morph packages, they can just load the .duf file in the attached 7zip file if they have Genesis 3 Female, which anyone who has Daz Studio these days should just have.

She looks like this, with the proper textures and hair, available separately:

Dee-for-G3F.jpg

I made a couple of additional tweaks, mainly to her derriere, and I also adjusted her height to 5'1". I saw a post elsewhere where Mr. Dots supposedly said that Dee was 5'1". You can of course use scaling or your own morphs to modify the height and or other features to your own liking if you so desire...

The attached 7zip file will place the .duf file for this character into your Scene Subsets directory, after following the installation instructions provided inside the zip file, as well as placing the morph dial in the relevant folder, so that it will show up whenever you load a Genesis 3 Female. Just search for 'Dee' in the Parameters tab while your Genesis 3 Female is selected. If you load the provided .duf file, well Dee will already be dialed in, with proper hair and textures if you already have those installed in your Daz Library as well.

You'll still need Lilja for the Genesis 3 Female, for Dee's skin textures, and Rochelle Ponytail Hair for the Genesis 3 Female as well. Info on these in the OP of this thread, both are available at DAZ3D.com, and I've linked the relevant posts in the Asset Releases section of this forum.

One note on the Rochelle Ponytail hair. For those of us that have worked with 'Dee', there's often an annoying kink in the ponytail hair at neck level. There's a Rochelle Hair Tiffany Fit dial that I have that I used here, which seems to help minimize the 'zigzag' kink. It's still bunched up, but at least it's 'in line' now. If you don't have this morph, the hair will still work, so you can safely ignore a 'missing morph' message for that morph. I honestly don't know where that morph comes from...

Anyways, I did this mainly to make it easier for people wanting Dee for fanart purposes. Incidentally, Dee's DUF file size in the attached .zip is around a mere 220 KB or so, so she's pretty 'light' as far as loading times are concerned.

Anyways, thanks again to f95zoneuser463 for his awesome version of Dee, and also to Rich for his initial suggestions and for his contributions to this thread. And to the other contributers as well of course!

Note that I have not included genitals/anatomical elements, so you'll need to add whichever ones you prefer yourself. Mr. Dots seems to like the Golden Palace gens,...

Let me know if you have any issues with these files! Otherwise, Enjoy!

;)

Edit. A couple of people have pm'ed me about my .duf asking for a message popping up during loading asking few missing morph files. You should be able to safely ignore these, as the morphs in question aren't in use. As long as a figure that looks like 'Dee' is in the viewport after you load the file, and you can pose her, etc. that's the main thing. To avoid this, you could save Dee as a scene subset on your computer after loading her, just note that the .duf.png file will look different than the one I created for the thumbnail. Not a big deal, but if you like my thumbnail, try saving to a slightly different name. You could rename the .duf.png file to match the name of your new file manually after the fact, i.e. replace the other thumbnail, but this isn't reallly important, I just created it for aesthetic/informational purposes.

I have a LOT of morphs for Genesis 3 Female, and a few of them have 'hard welded' themselves to G3F in my install apparently. They aren't in use, but this seems to be an ongoing issue with any .duf files that I share. Again, shouldn't affect anything by clicking 'ignore' in this case, unless the message is about missing Rochelle Ponytail stuff or missing Lilja textures, or a missing 'Dee' morph.

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Hi Jd did you try to add just a smooth modifier?
select shirt go in edit -->object-->Geometry-->add smoothing modifier.
Greetings.
These pleats are part of the shirt so the smoothing will not completely remove them.
I think applying and simulation dforce to the shirt would solve the problem.

kenny443

Aug 28, 2017
Hi
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/nirvy/natural g3f/g3f breasts 12.dsf
It's

data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/mousso/nails.dsf
It's
Or other figure character from mousso except for Murasaki for G3F
for
data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/morphs/poison3/real life breast/areola_diameter_clone.dsf

Hope it's help :)

Reactions: baka

vaal2000

May 9, 2017
Body on the left, with tits on the right :)

Body on the right looks a bit too small compared to her head.
Tits on the left look exaggerated.

Reactions: baka

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Is it possible (and can someone) convert these DAZ characters to COLLADA (DAE) files? With skin, hair, shape, genitals, makeup and all (but naked). I could then upload them in Second Life and make pictures and comix there in thousands of existent worlds much quicker than in DAZ because there would be no render times, the characters are permanently rendered there, all you have to do is take screenshots. A good lighting/weather system and several effects are also available. I would then post the results here. I have no idea how to use DAZ but I'm in Second Life since 12 years and kinda "guru" there lol.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There is a .dae export option, but I think this might run afoul of the Daz Studio EULA depending on your usage case... so it might be worth reading that if you care about such things.

I've never exported to .dae, although I've attempted to import a few. It's hit or miss.

Reactions: mizilic

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
There is a .dae export option, but I think this might run afoul of the Daz Studio EULA depending on your usage case... so it might be worth reading that if you care about such things.

I've never exported to .dae, although I've attempted to import a few. It's hit or miss.
Well, logically speaking all the characters already used in games should have already all necessary licences paid for each particular game. So if i use them to make a mod or an expansion for a certain game, i can not see a problem. After all there are a lot of mods made for a lot of games and I don't think the moders had to pay something for using those models.

My problem is though that I don't know DAZ. So i would not be able to reconstruct a certain character in DAZ and make it look exactly like in the game. I would thereofre need to get these characters either from the game's dev or from some of the fan arts makers who can do that.. Should somebody here wish to help with this, please contact me by personal message (unless you wish to post a download link here). But I repeat, since i don't know DAZ, I would need the character with all included (skin, hair, eyes, shape, genitals, makeup, etc). I would like to try first with Dee, Melody, Georgina, Sophia, Olivia. Once i have them in Second Life, there i can fine tune them, coz there i know how to do everything (including making the tits a litle smaller by Dee :).. if the respective (rigged) avatar allows shape modifications..

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The big issue with Daz's usage rights is that you are allowed to make 2D representations, but to export the mesh itself, other than maybe for personal use, requires an interactive license for each asset. That's why I suggested giving the EULA a gander.

The software does allow export to .obj, .dae, etc. but you should still be mindful of the usage rights. I'm usually importing .objs into Hexagon or maybe Blender to tweak them, but then I re-import them back into Daz before rendering them. This is generally considered as OK.

People do things like moving characters between Poser and Daz and Blender, etc. but that's primarily for 2D representation purposes. I'm not a legal expert on this by any means, I just wanted to make you aware that Daz's licensing is rather specific in this area.

As for Dee's assets, you SHOULD buy those from the Daz3D store, etc. if you plan to use them. Most (all?) of them are detailed in the Art Assets section of this forum. As for Dee's mesh itself, the morph/.duf file I shared above for Dee is probably as good a starting point as any. The other characters for DMD I don't believe have a 'combined morph' in this thread, so you'd need to get the associated morph assets as well.

Daz Studio itself isn't too hard to learn, but I get that you want to work in another environment that is faster for your purposes. Hopefully this info is helpful to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: mizilic and fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Well, logically speaking all the characters already used in games should have already all necessary licences paid for each particular game. So if i use them to make a mod or an expansion for a certain game, i can not see a problem. After all there are a lot of mods made for a lot of games and I don't think the moders had to pay something for using those models.
Unless things have changed, the DAZ EULA does not allow use of their assets in Second Life, because the SL terms and conditions states that they essentially own whatever you place in their environment:

Reactions: mizilic and OhWee

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Unless things have changed, the DAZ EULA does not allow use of their assets in Second Life, because the SL terms and conditions states that they essentially own whatever you place in their environment:

I see... this sux. Thanks for the info. There may be some work arounds though. For instance other grids (like SL but not SL) don't have such a TOS. But they are also as quick as SL at "rendering" in real time.
Last but not least I could try to use the characters available in SL and mod them in there to look as much similar as possible to the originals from the games. I must do that just so.. by eye.. looking at pictures of these characters and trying to reconstruct them with what I have in SL.. But I have a good eye and can do almost everything in SL so.. it may work lol