• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Dirty Chatting [v0.12] [Mimir Games]

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes

iehahe

Apr 30, 2020
I got soft locked after saving and reloading when i'm supposed to go comment the pre-party pic on FG.
I'm assuming i just need to add something to the save in the UnlockedFacegramPosts section to fix it, but i'm not sure what? Save attached.

RanktorRex

Aug 19, 2018
Awesome game loop so far, Love all the interactions! Keep it up! Hope "we" can interact more intimately with the contacts

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I see now where the NTR might come into play by pushing her out of her comfort zone at the party via her roomie and I love that angle. Good job so far. Might I suggest making the clickable profile pic clue be the first "tutorial" clue by playing a flashing icon on it since it is obscure and I had to dig through this thread for help. Cheers.

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I got soft locked after saving and reloading when i'm supposed to go comment the pre-party pic on FG.
I'm assuming i just need to add something to the save in the UnlockedFacegramPosts section to fix it, but i'm not sure what? Save attached.
Good eye, that would be indeed related. However, the saving feature for unlocked Facegram posts is not yet fully functional (it was added very recently), so it would be best to just load from just before she makes her post. I fixed your save to load at that point, see the attached file.

Do keep me updated if it works for you !

Reactions: iehahe

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Is it possible to zoom out? Some of the text message options are cut off because it's so zoomed in.
a884d1ce51f4e9000e3be406189428e4.png

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Anyone else getting a virus warning?
I don't think anyone else reported a false positive issue here, you'd be the first. May I ask what antivirus do you use ? I know that Windows Defender with strict settings will give you a warning each time you launch an executable with an unknown source

Is it possible to zoom out? Some of the text message options are cut off because it's so zoomed in.
View attachment 3610192
This would be probably the longest answer option actually, you're just missing a few letters as the cut off word is "valid". Interesting however, what resolution are you playing on ? I did not test with all possible screen sizes so it might get weird at some resolutions. Thanks for the feedback though, an UI/font size scale would be very easy to implement and a good QoL improvement so it definitely goes in the backlog !

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
This would be probably the longest answer option actually, you're just missing a few letters as the cut off word is "valid". Interesting however, what resolution are you playing on ?
Ah, okay. And I'm on 1536 x 864.

Thanks for the feedback though, an UI/font size scale would be very easy to implement and a good QoL improvement so it definitely goes in the backlog !
This would be amazing. I love zooming out games and having small text. It makes things look much cleaner and appealing to the eye, (in my opinion, of course).

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Do you have to go with the dialogue options that have exclamation points to progress the story? I was talking with Clementine about what she originally wanted to study, and I went with the first option that said that it was fine, but job prospects are pretty bad, instead of the third option that had the exclamation point and I can't seem to progress, now. I checked her facegram, and combined the clue about her being self-conscious in her contacts page.

Iceta

Nov 2, 2018
A "skip tutorial" button would be cool, the "don't tell me what to do" could just actually them not tell you what to do

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
Is the reason I have to start over after a new version is posted because I delete the folder after I'm done? Past 3 updates, I've had to start over each time and it's quite disheartening.

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
I do think that the player character should know Jade's ManyFans username before it becomes "unlockable". I, as a person playing since initial release, know the username so I can type it in before I actually "find it out". I think I shouldn't be able to do this.

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Do you have to go with the dialogue options that have exclamation points to progress the story? I was talking with Clementine about what she originally wanted to study, and I went with the first option that said that it was fine, but job prospects are pretty bad, instead of the third option that had the exclamation point and I can't seem to progress, now. I checked her facegram, and combined the clue about her being self-conscious in her contacts page.
All dialogue choices should allow you to progress further. Do you still have dialogue options in the answer bar that appear greyed out/locked ? If so, that means you still have some clues to uncover to progress

A "skip tutorial" button would be cool, the "don't tell me what to do" could just actually them not tell you what to do
That's a really good point, actually. Thanks for the feedback, this one goes right into to the backlog. In the meantime, you should be able to save after the tutorial phases if uou want to replay quicker !

Is the reason I have to start over after a new version is posted because I delete the folder after I'm done? Past 3 updates, I've had to start over each time and it's quite disheartening.
It is yes, saves are not yet centralized in an AppData folder. Also, saves are usually not compatible between each versions as new stuff gets added. Do note that you can set the message speed to fastest in the settings and speedrun through the beginning !

I do think that the player character should know Jade's ManyFans username before it becomes "unlockable". I, as a person playing since initial release, know the username so I can type it in before I actually "find it out". I think I shouldn't be able to do this.
That is something that I thought about indeed. For now the stream is always accessible, but my intention is to make her online status dynamic and changing through the story phases. So you'd be able to access her page right in the beginning, but she will be offline !

Does the player have to be a guy?
View attachment 3610458

Could you maybe add a gender select screen at the beginning?
Another good point, I tried to make it mostly gender neutral until now because I do intend to make it possible to select your gender as long with other forms of character customization. A couple of similar lines slipped past. Sorry for the bias !

Chunzilla

Apr 30, 2017
Love the update. would be nice to not have to start again but it is what it is. Im excited to see whats next!

Dreezky

Oct 25, 2023
I've just tried it, I can't wait to see the rest, I really like the drawing style too. Good luck

Wonderer111

Aug 3, 2023
This game is really fun to play, the ability to gather information and use it to make more makes the story multi-dimensional and rewards focus. I wish I knew more games like this but from the ones I've played like the monkey game and the apartment maintenance guy, this one is great though I wonder if more features like finding Jades streaming and more complex psychological mentalities will be implemented. Its generally too easy and the combination feature serves to add what we could already know in my eyes making it nothing but tedious.

Oetker

Mar 7, 2017
I dunno if i'm soft locked but I can't find clue number two, The first one is college and the third one is about roommate?

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I dunno if i'm soft locked but I can't find clue number two, The first one is college and the third one is about roommate?
Have you checked her profile pictures ? You can click on the thumbnail in Facegram to display them !

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes