DOD SIG.gif

DOD SIG 5.gif

DOD SIG 4.gif

To Add Profile Signature to your own profile

Step 1 - Right Click on above photo and select Copy Image Address
Step 2 - Click on your name top right
Step 3 - Click on Signature
Step 4 - Click on Photo Icon and Paste image address
Step 5 - Click on Photo within your signature and select Resize, enter 318 within Width
Step 6 - Click on Photo again within your signature and select Add Link
Step 7 - Simply Copy & Paste this following link within that box https://f95zone.to/threads/dilemma-of-devotion-development-thread.180402/
Step 8 - Click on Save and your profile signature will be added perfectly on your profile

Last edited:

ParaloopLampy

Sep 18, 2023
Got a chance to check this game out a little early. The girls are super cute and well written, the characters are very likable, setting and story are great setups so far, and i will marry my cousin (in game)
My only criticism is the use of British slang. Please do not force your britishness upon me thanks
Looking forward to playing this every update :love::coffee:

Reactions: Shikharisfree

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The best sandbox, with zero grind is still a VN with unnecessary extra clicks. Which is faster, click door to exit your room, click entrance hallway, click door to exit house, click Character A location on the map, or have a choice on screen with 'go to a date with character A'(one click) to get to the exact same content? :Kappa:

There is zero benefit in trying to game-fy a renpy 'game', no matter the effort it still plays like shit compared to Unreal Engine and the likes and multiple negatives, extra code that increases the chance to get fucked up and cause bugs, less players because they filter out your game by that tag, you get my point.

You want bonus content, have it accessible from the main menu as side stories, you want to have optional dialogue, use the Witcher 3 system of colored text for main story and white text for extra lore.

If we stop pretending, devs go for sandbox/free roam because it gives them extra excuses for longer dev cycles. Change my mind!:coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Juerhullycin

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
The best sandbox, with zero grind is still a VN with unnecessary extra clicks. Which is faster, click door to exit your room, click entrance hallway, click door to exit house, click Character A location on the map, or have a choice on screen with 'go to a date with character A'(one click) to get to the exact same content? :Kappa:
The reason that is there is to give players 'Have your own adventure style'. Some players want only lesbian-patch, some players want only harem patch.(with no guys)

This gives you a chance to pursue the love interest you like and avoid the ones you don't like.

There is zero benefit in trying to game-fy a renpy 'game', no matter the effort it still plays like shit compared to Unreal Engine and the likes and multiple negatives, extra code that increases the chance to get fucked up and cause bugs, less players because they filter out your game by that tag, you get my point.
The benefit to sandbox is mentioned above. I'd rather make 3d game with unreal than a 2d sandbox. You use the game engine according to your game demands. This game's demands are loading images and animations which renpy can easily do.

You want bonus content, have it accessible from the main menu as side stories, you want to have optional dialogue, use the Witcher 3 system of colored text for main story and white text for extra lore.
The gallery will have bonus content available from the main menu, and you can use walkthrough mod to get Witcher 3 colored text effect.

If we stop pretending, devs go for sandbox/free roam because it gives them extra excuses for longer dev cycles. Change my mind!:coffee:
Longer dev cycles? Do you know how much content this game releases with? 2360~ renders
Also, we are targeting for 3 week update cycle.

• Hey there
Reactions: Shikharisfree

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022

Think of it like this , within a sandbox it allows the player and dev control of what and where to set progress instead.

We have a full fledged vn mode in this game as well , you are free to play it and ignore the sandbox but playing it will give you info you might want to know about the past of the mc and existing characters and obviously alternate endings.

Secondly you're a little incorrect about the fact that devs do it for longer cycles , developing a sandbox with 3 working maps , proper phone system, quest targeting is just as if not harder than doing a vn only game.

We don't get our assets magically from a stock store , we have to create them uniquely as well at times if daz store or stuff does not have what we want.

Lastly , In vn's there is a huge issue of the fact that once you've introduced a character there are fanbases of that particular character , there could be the same for multiple characters which then confuses the dev and angers the player on what to give focus on as if they were written as a part of the story , suddenly writing them out and half assing the script only ruins it.

Sandbox in this context allows the dev to give all the content that was planned and the player to control the ability to where , how , when or if he wants to engage with those particular characters.

Ex - We have about 11 girls roughly , now some may just want zoey and if we were to do vn of a teacher teaching in uni , most of the time she wouldn't be with him , the sandbox however allows you to just ignore the uni elements or other girls or romances to focus on zoey instead.

Nov 25, 2023
I love sandbox games! It all depends on how the game is structured. The potential of sandbox is that you can walk around where you want and have the world happen to you and depending on where you go you yourself "create" that story. More often than not tho you just click your fave girls room, go to sleep, wake up click her room over and over

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
I love sandbox games! It all depends on how the game is structured. The potential of sandbox is that you can walk around where you want and have the world happen to you and depending on where you go you yourself "create" that story. More often than not tho you just click your fave girls room, go to sleep, wake up click her room over and over
You're in for a surprise then :)

Since we don't just have corruption , we have the ability to fix their lives as well..

The latter obviously won't show nsfw but will allow your mc to stay pure and continue the canon story.

Reactions: ShinyDarkRai
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote