• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Diffeomorphic: custom morph without dbz or duf

MrTempName

Nov 16, 2022
Hi guys.
Yesterday i downloaded NYL BG3 .blend file with already imported DAZ model.
Since this is a .blend file we do not have any .duf or .dbz files.
And if i understand this workflow right we can't import any custom morphs to this model via Diffeomorphic.
We just don't have a button "Import Custom Morphs" in Morph menu.
So. What can we do in this case ?
I want to save all ShapeKeys and Shaders that already exist in blend file but at the same time add new custom morphs from Daz Studio.

We can try to export .blend character as .obj file.
Import .obj file to DAZ via Morph Loader Pro.
Apply it to G8F.
And import morphed G8F model back to Blender via Diffeomorphic (plugin creates dbz and duf).
But in this case we lose all ShapeKeys and more importantly we lose all shader preferences and shader nodes with custom settings.
This method is not optimal.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
We can try to export .blend character as .obj file.
Import .obj file to DAZ via Morph Loader Pro.
Apply it to G8F.
And import morphed G8F model back to Blender via Diffeomorphic (plugin creates dbz and duf).
But in this case we lose all ShapeKeys and more importantly we lose all shader preferences and shader nodes with custom settings.
This method is not optimal.
You can just apply the Shaders from the Blend file to the imported G8F model though. They should have the same UVs. You can prob even transfer the shapekeys from the Blend file to the imported G8F model using Datatransfer modifier (i'm less sure about this one, datatransfer is a bit finicky).

That said all this relies on the first step working and that's a very big gamble. Morphs for G8F figures need to have the exact same amount of vertices in the exact some order as the base G8F. Since I assume the Blender file has genitalia which a base G8F doesn't have, you first got to load in a base G8F figure in Blender, remove the gens from the Blend file and replace them with the non-gen part of the base G8F figure. Then hope all the vertices are still in the same order, otherwise your prob out of luck.

DAZ has their own BG3 characters though, can't you use those instead? You can prob replace the shaders from the BG3 characters with the Blend ones if they are better.

MrTempName

Nov 16, 2022
Thx for reply.
Blender's Datatransfer method is a gamble too.
You mention "first step" of work. Where can i read about all the steps ?

And one more question:
Since G8F figure should have the same amount of vertices in the exact same order, how shell i animate the scene.
I do not know which morphs i would need due the project. So i cant merge grafts to G8F body to keep this (import morphs) option available. What is a common practice in this case ?

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Thx for reply.
Blender's Datatransfer method is a gamble too.
You mention "first step" of work. Where can i read about all the steps ?

And one more question:
Since G8F figure should have the same amount of vertices in the exact same order, how shell i animate the scene.
I do not know which morphs i would need due the project. So i cant merge grafts to G8F body to keep this (import morphs) option available. What is a common practice in this case ?
It's the part you provided yourself; Exporting the Blend file as OBJ, importing it as a a morph in DAZ. This only works if your morph has the exact same amount of vertices as a base G8F model, and the vertices are in the same order. If those two requirements aren't met, the morph won't import or the morph is completely wrong. Thats the first step before you can try moving the shapekeys and shaders from the original file to the now morphed imported G8F model.

For your new question; You got to add the morphs before you add the genitalia. That way your character can keep its morphs and have genitalia.

As for animations, animations aren't morphs. Animations are made by moving the bones in the rig around. I think you can just import the animations to the diffeomorphic rig if you want. I have never tried this since I find the DAZ animations pretty bad. I prefer to make my own animations in Blender. Use bone movement together with physics to create jiggling etc.

You can check out the NSFW Blender discord for tutorials on how to do this:

MrTempName

Nov 16, 2022
I also meant that whole process of animation i would do in Blender. But so far i have pretty cumbersome vision on how to use Daz model in Blender. I cant keep Grafts till the very end to have ability to add Morphs to model. Guess i would dig through discord.