Ren'Py Abandoned [DevLog] Era Drakonis - combat engine ready and downloadable for playtest

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
Combat engine ready and playable.

----------------------

New combat engine ready for open test

----------------------

Hello and good time of day.
Since Jman9 mostly done with the mod i decided to try to return to it to (again) remade from scratch and start a new Era Draconis.

All graphics will be replaced with "original" artwork - koikatu-generated renders. Though it far more ease to find and adjust suitable cards / scenes.
There also a lot of things that i like to do in another way...
Including reworking UI and base, new combat system, more clear gameflow, may be ever some story extension.

Some examples of my upgraded since Time for Dragons 1.1.1 coding skills that i like to implement also:

---------------------------------------------

I also have "Time for Dragons 2 - A hunter from Eternal Rome" in hand, it about dragon descendant, that being Darkshire Raider encountered White Lion but managed to escape by falling into Interdimensional Mists that Tiamat has come from long-long ago. Now, the young hunter should survive, awaken his dragon bloodline, and find a way back to Dragonia.

screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0004.jpg screenshot0005.jpg

It have working build, but not so much content atm, only several first quests that can be considered as prologue. Will be shared when there will be a sizeable chunk of contents and translated by hired translator, not machine.

My (not entirely my, as coder) current main project is Pirates of Golden Tits ( / ), if you willing to support, you can direct it there until i have my own page up and running with translated TfD games.

---------------------------------------------

Highlights from DDM thread that i have though to edit / implement:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And please, do not ask me to share DDM build, i will not, as I was asked.

If someone has appropriate cards / scenes / mods for Koikatu ( BR RX13 ), please bring it here, and thanks in advance, you help will be much appreciated.
Sadly i can't commision any at this moment because of residing in sanctioned country, but there are plenty of free materials too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon and SuzukiPK

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
Remembered that long time ago i bought several assets pack that contain tilesets.
2022-04-11_12-54-36.png sea.png
Tried to build tile-based map, but engine lagging hard with screen filled by smaller tiles and so big ones clearly not enought to build a map + upscaled autotiles has visible seams.

May be hex-based one... hex cell can be big and sufficiently representative.

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
After some discussion with friends decide to leave tiled engines to Unity.

First actual asset for game - new map =)

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
  • Visual clearance: higher roll is better. Also if there will be modifier that change hit/crit roll after calculation, it will be easier to calculate and to understand.
  • Unit stats in portrait hover tooltip
  • Multi-page for all past and current turn skill usage records.

screenshot0001.jpg

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
Once upon a time, in times no longer remembered, the world was young and pure. All five nations lived together in peace and harmony, flourishing and prospering. Men planted endless fields of golden wheat on the plains, and blooming gardens of sweet fruits on the hills.
CharaStudio-2022-05-13-23-12-36-Render.jpg

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
(in development) First playable version will be sandbox combat mode where you can configurate dragon and encounter squads including equipment (skills) and stats (damage, resists, etc) to test and debug new combat engine (and degree of interest to project).

screenshot0001.jpg

Reactions: Leosnipermk2

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
Select and add to party or enemy squad any predefined unit.
Not including procedurally-generated (i.e. "waifus" aka Dragon Priestess).
screenshot0002.jpg