• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM [DevLog] A Magical Girl Project

Paril

Dec 6, 2021
Premise:
The story takes place a week after Mika's parents passed away. Following the discovery of her magical talent, the Headmaster provides her with a fresh start by offering her an invitation to a magical girl school. However, the happiness quickly turns to fear. After her enrollment, she is quickly confronted by her lost memories, and with it the knowledge that the world is on the verge of chaos.

Gameplay:

A Magical Girl Project is a science fantasy role-playing game with sandbox elements. It is a plot driven-story with greater emphasis on world-building and introduction of recurring concepts. The game is planned to include an open-world environment that facilitates a branching storyline, with themes of corruption, tragedy, combat, and sex.

Tags: Adventure, Combat, Corruption, Fantasy, Sandbox

Characters:

Main Characters:

Mika

The protagonist, a character under the silent archetype, is an amnesiac, orphaned teenager who was recently invited into a magical girl school after the Headmaster discovered her potential for magic. Her personality is determinant according to the player’s choice.

■■■■■■■■■■. ■■■■■.

Nia
TBA

Louise
TBA

Oliver
TBA

Supporting Characters:

Headmaster

???

Isla
TBA

Zoë
TBA

Bielt
TBA

Extra Characters:

Karna(?)

A revenant bearing the name of a famous Indian hero. His existence alone is an anomality, for Eidolons cannot be summoned into this world, much less a living Revenant. As for the reason why he chose to manifest at this point in time is a mystery.

Arthur Pendragon
A revenant, just like Karna, although the circumstance of his summoning is quite unique. He postulates that it may be due to a connection he has somewhere in this world...

Terminologies:

1. Circle Zero

Circle Zero, also known as the Final Heaven, the Truth, or otherwise called Zerospace, is the Akashic Records where every phenomenon in space and time originates. It is located within an infinitesimal point in space just outside the absolute extremity where “creatures of wisdom” could reach, as shared by all reality.

2. Reason's Transcendence

Reason's Transcendence, typically predated by an elevation in collective wisdom as the catalyst, is the crystallization of a powerful phenomenon derived from an accumulated history of mankind's civilization, serving as a hallmark in their continual evolution. In reality, it is the result of mortal folly, furthering to drive humanity away as a species from the ultimate Truth.

There are currently three (3) instances of Reason's Transcendence:
  • Paradise Lost – occurred during man’s pursuit of wisdom.
  • Prosperity Lost – occurred during man’s renunciation of the Age of Gods.
  • Fantasy Lost – occurred during man’s rejection of the mystic.
  • Humanity Lost – ■■■■■■■■■■. ■■■■■.
3. Heavens

Heavens, mathematically known as Dimensions, are the succeeding layers of reality.

4. Eidos

Eidos, also known as Formal Cause, or occasionally, the Devil’s Fragments, is the residual temporal artifacting of information body from past beings, usually, of historical figures or figures of legends. In simpler terms, it is the distinctive expression of a character which defines exactly as to who they are, serving as the foundation for summoning Eidolons into the material world.

5. Eidolons

Eidolons are physical manifestation of Eidos given form. Although there exist outstanding exceptions, essentially, Eidolons are the embodiment of idealized beings which have been heralded as “heroes” posthumously.

In the world of “A Magical Girl Project”, Eidolons are unable to manifest physically for reasons unknown. Instead, Magical Girls are able to subsume Eidos’ to empower themselves and acquire new abilities.

5. Revenants

TBA

P.S. This game is heavily inspired by anime series such as Fate/, Reincarnation no Kaben, Records of Ragnarok, and others.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockFellerX

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'd probably rethink the name, imo. I immediately thought this was a Re:Zero-themed game/parody based on that, I probably won't be the only one. Just a thought, though. Beyond that, sorta interested to see where this goes.

Paril

Dec 6, 2021
I'd probably rethink the name, imo. I immediately thought this was a Re:Zero-themed game/parody based on that, I probably won't be the only one. Just a thought, though. Beyond that, sorta interested to see where this goes.
Thanks for the suggestion! Naming has never been my strongest suit, but I'll definitely think about it! Nothing is final yet anyhow

Reactions: MissFortune

Paril

Dec 6, 2021
I've finally gotten around in redesigning the main character after scratching the initial draft I've put up. I will constantly update this post as I progress through the design.

UPDATE: I just realized how much I've been sitting on this project. I've been planning this game for a year and I still have barely anything to show for it. I'll try to put in some more time into drawing the assets. My goal is to finish the assets for the main cast by the end of march!
1674575648956.png

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0