• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Development of an ultra realistic video game that can be made possible with global support.

SniperAssassin0003

Jan 6, 2023
DISCLAIMER:- I have written the article fully based on my dreams and thoughts coming in my mind regarding it. Though everyone is welcome to read my article, but it is recommended for avid video game-lovers/gamers or someone working in the video game industry, someone who want to revolutionize the gaming industry like me. Others may find it boring since it is very long, and you will not understand what I am trying to say if you don't read the article fully. So, it is my humble request to all interested people to read my article at least once, and I will be very grateful to each one of them for sparing some of their valuable time for reading this. I promise that you won't find it boring, if you really care about video games as a whole. My best wishes to all of them from the core of my heart.

Hello, everyone. Hope you are doing well. Actually, being an avid gamer myself, I have always wanted to play a video game of my dreams, an AAA game, which is basically a modern-day MMORPG, where there will be an immersive single-player story as well as aspects of multiplayer, where I will be able to test off my gaming skills against or with other players like me, who can be my friends, as well as other gaming enthusiasts like me. So, I would like this game to be our second/virtual life, where each player can create a virtual avatar of themselves and play the way they like; in other words, a Life Simulator. I know that these kind of concepts are common nowadays, and there may be such MMORPGs on the market resembling the above-mentioned concept, but let me be clear, none of them provides the complete gaming experience, let it be in terms of graphics or a proper story. On the other hand, there are many legendary games which have a compelling story along with equally realistic graphics made specifically for PC/console, or maybe both, but most of them are short in terms of playing hours(maybe long when seen from single-player perspective, but not continuously progressing with updates like multiplayer games) and lack a proper real-life like multiplayer experience. So, my vision for this particular game is that it must be unique in every way possible. Since, I have no knowledge about video game development, I cannot create this game all alone, by myself. So I decided to share my idea with as many people as possible worldwide, via a social platform like this, which in turn can reach many talented game artists, game designers or game developers directly or indirectly, whose active and vital role is needed in order to make this concept of mine a reality. My main objective is make this game a completely different gaming experience, in terms of graphics and image quality, with an equally immersive realism, also having the freedom to choose from a range of character models. Last but not the least, I would like to add that it is my sincere request to each and every one of them who reads this, that if and only if you are interested and willing to help, or have a role in the development of this project, directly or indirectly, do not forget to share this with as many people as you can. If you have doubts regarding my concept or want to discuss further about this, feel free to DM me for further information. If you like my concept, let me know in the comments; otherwise kindly ignore, not an issue at all; remember, our main objective is to spread this word to almost every passionate video game enthusiasts out there, ranging from game industry professionals(developers as well as eSports players) to simple video game lovers; we need to gather as many people as we can for the sake of this game, as the project will be huge, in terms of budget as well as workforce, because you all might know that making such an advanced video game is not a one person project. The whole gaming community needs to be united in order to make a project like this a grand success. Since there are many avid gamers like me, who are waiting to play the ultimate game of their lives, I would like to say to all of them, "Let's stand together folks; if and only if we are united, nothing can stop us from changing the face of gaming. After all, 'Unity is Strength; United We Stand, Divided We Fall.' I firmly believe that each one of you can make a difference, every person counts. Every one of you matter. Come on guys, after all this is the future of gaming." Getting the support of the public can make the community bigger, only then we can have the necessary resources, workforce and budget required to make it. After all, it is the combined effort and hardwork of each one of us, that can make this concept of mine a grand success. I want each of you and of course myself, to give it our all. Everyone doesn't have the same talent. Everyone is unique in their own way. Any kind of help, whether big or small, will be appreciated, since all of them are equally important for making this game. Remember, we have to make use of our talent or resources, whatever is available to us, as much as we can. Regarding myself, it's the same thing. As I have already mentioned earlier that I currently don't have any technical knowledge about video game design or development, I haven't been able to gather the mental confidence required make this dream of mine a reality. I was really confused about whom to reach regarding this. So as a last resort, I have made the decision of writing this long article and forwarding it to the general public, so maybe in that way, it would gather the eyes of a large audience; even if someone can't actively help me because of their busy schedule, I will be very happy if they can enlighten me with some really helpful advice, and I am always looking forward to it; only if you people stand by me, I am ready to work tirelessly in order to make it successful, and it will be my pleasure to be a part of it 24x7 in whatever way I can. That's all for now, everyone. Looking forward to it, and will be eternally grateful to each one of you if this ever becomes a reality. Hoping to see you all in the near future. All the best everyone.

Regards

#unitedforgaming
#thefutureishere
#everyonematters

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
DISCLAIMER:- I have written the article fully based on my dreams and thoughts coming in my mind regarding it.
And clearly didn't took the time to think it, nor the one to order your thoughts. What give a text at least twice longer than it should be, and way more confusing that it is expect for the approach you are taking.

I promise that you won't find it boring, if you really care about video games as a whole. My best wishes to all of them from the core of my heart.
Already seven lines to say: "Please, can you read this, especially if you have some knowledge that can intervene in a game development process, or if the idea to revolution gaming interest you."

Sorry to say this, but you haven't started yet to talk about your idea, and most readers are already bored.

[...] being an avid gamer myself, I have always wanted to play a video game of my dreams, [...] where I will be able to test off my gaming skills [...] ; in other words, a Life Simulator.
-20 points.

Compare what you wrote to: "I've always dreamed about an AAA (adult ? I'm not even sure) video game, something that would be both challenging and rewarding for the players. Probably a MMORPG since it was the trend ten years ago, but any Online game that would offer interaction between the players, may them be friends or perfect strangers, would surely do it."
Shorter, explicit, and not self centered.

Of course, once you said that, readers expect that you effectively describe what you dreamed about. But alas, you stopped there, just adding a "better than everything already existing" that have absolutely no meaning.

I know that these kind of concepts are common nowadays, and there may be such MMORPGs on the market resembling the above-mentioned concept, but let me be clear, none of them provides the complete gaming experience, let it be in terms of graphics or a proper story.
-10 points

"There may be", followed by, "none of them"... :FacePalm:
You have no idea if they exist or not, but you already know that they are bad...

Incidentally you're right, those that exist are far to be good, but perhaps is there a reason for that...

On the other hand, there are many legendary games which have a compelling story along with equally realistic graphics [...] lack a proper real-life like multiplayer experience.
Perhaps is there a reason for that too.

So, my vision for this particular game is that it must be unique in every way possible.
-10 points

There's no thoughts here, no description, no needs, and no meaning.

A Wireframe, with wide-meshes, 3D environment, with figure stick to represent the players. This with no possibility to move, whatever your character or his eyes. The only thing possible in this game is to look at the static scenery, and see the other players (static too) in your field of vision ; a field of vision randomly chosen when you register and never changed after this.
I'm 99,99% sure that it's unique in every way possible. So it fit your description of what you want.

Since, I have no knowledge about video game development,
-50 points

You know nothing but don't hesitate to position yourself as someone who know better than every single person who once worked on game development, as well as those who actually works on game development...

This being said, there were really no need to specify it. The simple fact that you wrote this text make it totally obvious.

[...] via a social platform like this,
- 5 point

When you copy/paste your text, ensure that at least it will fit the place where you publish it.

which in turn can reach many talented game artists, game designers or game developers directly or indirectly, whose active and vital role is needed in order to make this concept of mine a reality.
-50 points

Not only you don't know what you talk about, but you also present yourself as someone who wouldn't be able to participate.
Taking count of the fact that your total inability to order your thoughts, in order to write a coherent text, also disqualify you as writer. This while the total absence of precision regarding what your thoughts effectively are disqualify you as team manager, concept manager, and beta tester.

[...] as the project will be huge, in terms of budget as well as workforce, [...]
Count around US$ 200 Millions for the budget, three thousands people working on it full time, and, hmm, I would say three years of development ; unless you're the one giving the directive, in which case it's more three decades.

There's a reason why MMORPGs don't looks like the last top AAA game, and why the said last top AAA game isn't really multiplayer.

Total: -145 points.

Worse "please, pretty please, make the game I dream about but I'm totally unable to describe even superficially" I've seen so far. And F95zone regulars know that there's many of them.

• Haha
Reactions: osanaiko

SniperAssassin0003

Jan 6, 2023
Okay, thanks a lot for going through it. I understand that it has become very long and I appreciate that you are pointing out the flaws. But sorry, I couldn't understand exactly where did I go wrong, so can you explain briefly how can I make it impressive and approachable? It would be very nice of you if you could help. Thank you.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Okay, thanks a lot for going through it. I understand that it has become very long and I appreciate that you are pointing out the flaws. But sorry, I couldn't understand exactly where did I go wrong, so can you explain briefly how can I make it impressive and approachable? It would be very nice of you if you could help. Thank you.
you have nothing but "i want people to make the greatest game of all time". you might as well make a post saying "i want all wars to stop" thinking it will magically happen

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
you have nothing but "i want people to make the greatest game of all time".
Exactly. It's not even clear if it should be an adult game or not.

The only thing you said, SniperAssassin0003 , is that it must be a MMORPG. But what genre, what kind of game mechanisms, what would make it unique ? Should it be 2D isometric, 3D, or perhaps Real time 3D ? Should it be playable through VR glasses ? Playable with a keyboard, or would the mouse be mandatory ? Or perhaps is it a controller that would be mandatory ?
Like it's a RPG, it will have stats, but what kind of stats ? Generic or detailed ? Should players starts with the default stats for their class, is it a randomization weighted accordingly to the class, or will the player have an amount of point to distribute ? There will also be quests, but will they be repeatable or not ? Randomized ? Or perhaps will there be an AI behind to handle the quests ?
It being a RPG do not necessarily imply that there will be fights, so, will there be fights ? If yes, should they be turn by turn, or in real time ? Should it have zones by level range, or should the zones be mixed ? And if they aren't mixed, what range for the levels or, more precisely, how important should be the difference between level x and level x+1 ?
If it should be an adult game, what importance should the adult part have ? And, by the way, what would be that adult part ?

Without having to think about it, I came up with more than a dozen questions that should have been answered by your initial text. Or that should at least have the starts of an answer in it.