VN Ren'Py Developing a Gotoubun no Hanayome Visual Novel

ElWorser7u7

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
Introduction:

Hello, my name is Worser.
Im a great fan of Gotoubun no Hanayome stuff like many people; i post some art from time to time on mi pixiv page and while looking to other Gotoubun NSFW artists and many Fanmade Games about other series i tought... Why don't i make one about this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Character Overview:
Character Overview.png

The game its in the final stage of development, you can expect the 0.1 Version soon :D
There's still some things that need to be done (Like Fuutarou), but idk if i should wait for 0.2 relase to finish those things.
I will post a proper thread on the Games section once the game is finished, this one is only for informative purposes.
Please let me know what do u guys think about this project, i
would love if you leave some feedback below about what i should add in future updates.
Thanks and have a good day :D

Here's a list of Planned Tags and some Thumbnails

screenshot0001.png screenshot0003.png YB2.png Promo2.png

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
Introduction:

Hello, my name is Worser.
Im a great fan of Gotoubun no Hanayome stuff like many people; i post some art from time to time on mi pixiv page and while looking to other Gotoubun NSFW artists and many Fanmade Games about other series i tought... Why don't i make one about this?

Character Overview:
View attachment 2728470

The game its in the final stage of development, you can expect the 0.1 Version soon :D
There's still some things that need to be done (Like Fuutarou), but idk if i should wait for 0.2 relase to finish those things.
I will post a proper thread on the Games section once the game is finished, this one is only for informative purposes.
Please let me know what do u guys think about this project, i
would love if you leave some feedback below about what i should add in future updates.
Thanks and have a good day :D

Here's a list of Planned Tags and some Thumbnails

View attachment 2728495 View attachment 2728496 View attachment 2728503 View attachment 2728507
First of all, I was hoping for someone who could make a Gotoubun no Hanayome game, I'm really interested your game.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be a simple game, so I don't think there would be many helpful hints.
The only thing i would reccommend you is to only use your own made CG's and not taking any character picture from the anime, it kinda give me some "" cheap game "" vibes when the art style is switched.

I hope you're going to put more effort into a better ending than the original story.

ElWorser7u7

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
First of all, I was hoping for someone who could make a Gotoubun no Hanayome game, I'm really interested your game.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be a simple game, so I don't think there would be many helpful hints.
The only thing i would reccommend you is to only use your own made CG's and not taking any character picture from the anime, it kinda give me some "" cheap game "" vibes when the art style is switched.

I hope you're going to put more effort into a better ending than the original story.
I am planning to make some decisions that can directly affect how events occur within the story.
For example:
-Someone knocks on the door while you're being intimate with one of the Nakano sisters. What will you do?
1. "One moment, please..."
or
2. "Don't answer."

Depending on what you choose, you will receive completely different scenes and dialogues, something very simple, but somehow interesting.

I understant what you're saying, it's the same for me actually. For this case in particular, i used 2 CG's (when the five of them are together). They're there just as placeholders like Fuutarou's sprite, that's what im working on right now, to remove them as fast as i can.
Im using the art style from 2nd season for everything im doing, i think its better than the one from the 1st season, so there will be no changes on it.

The story is a kind of a "continuation", set during what would be the honeymoon trip they plan at the end of the series. I have some things planned for the final event, you can check the planned tags to give you an idea.

Thank u so much for your feedback!!, it means a lot to me

Reactions: Dr. Ronald Leopold

ElWorser7u7

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
Game is out guys...
You can check this post on Pixiv:

May 5, 2020
For now, I won't properly review the game because it wouldn't make sense; there's little content, although it seems like the foundation for a good parody in a visual novel. I'll write down my thoughts as I play.

The GUI, font, and colors might need some work, but it's a minor thing.

The beginning seems consistent with the end of the anime.

The background songs blend perfectly with the game's style.

Every now and then, there are some simple and cute animations where the characters jump. You could keep them, but it's awkward to see the body cut in half. You could draw the lower part.

I notice there are some small sound effects, very nice; keep adding them.

This dialogue choices don't seem very explanatory to me. Of course, once clicked, you can go back, but maybe it would be better to make it more clearly.

togli.jpg

I must say that the graphic style is very similar to the anime; that's a great thing. The various facial expressions are also very well done.

The characterization seems very faithful to the anime.

I'm not knowledgeable about anatomy or drawing, but the images named 'YotsubaN*.png' seem to have a chest-bones that's too wide, it appears disproportionate or maybe is the
perspective idk, but you might want to consult someone more experienced as it could be just an issue on my end.

I didn't expect to see small orgasms already; usually, people don't include them in their games, but it was a pleasant surprise. If you intend to include more, you could give a warning at the beginning of the game.

The NSFW images weren't bad. I know it's bothersome, but I recommend animating the scenes.

For now, there isn't much; I'll wait to play again after a couple of updates.

However, compared to various parody games, this one doesn't seem bad at all. It's clear that you care about it and want to capture the same vibes as the anime.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ElWorser7u7

ElWorser7u7

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2019
For now, I won't properly review the game because it wouldn't make sense; there's little content, although it seems like the foundation for a good parody in a visual novel. I'll write down my thoughts as I play.

The GUI, font, and colors might need some work, but it's a minor thing.

The beginning seems consistent with the end of the anime.

The background songs blend perfectly with the game's style.

Every now and then, there are some simple and cute animations where the characters jump. You could keep them, but it's awkward to see the body cut in half. You could draw the lower part.

I notice there are some small sound effects, very nice; keep adding them.

This dialogue choices don't seem very explanatory to me. Of course, once clicked, you can go back, but maybe it would be better to make it more clearly.

View attachment 2841906

I must say that the graphic style is very similar to the anime; that's a great thing. The various facial expressions are also very well done.

The characterization seems very faithful to the anime.

I'm not knowledgeable about anatomy or drawing, but the images named 'YotsubaN*.png' seem to have a chest-bones that's too wide, it appears disproportionate or maybe is the
perspective idk, but you might want to consult someone more experienced as it could be just an issue on my end.

I didn't expect to see small orgasms already; usually, people don't include them in their games, but it was a pleasant surprise. If you intend to include more, you could give a warning at the beginning of the game.

The NSFW images weren't bad. I know it's bothersome, but I recommend animating the scenes.

For now, there isn't much; I'll wait to play again after a couple of updates.

However, compared to various parody games, this one doesn't seem bad at all. It's clear that you care about it and want to capture the same vibes as the anime.

Thank you so much for your comments!!
To begin, I'll be addressing each of your questions and opinions one by one:

-Of course, I understand that the GUI and colors need some work. I tried to make them as similar as possible to some of the games that have already been released recently, although I have been considering changing them in an upcoming update. The font is the same as the anime title's; I was looking for some that would contrast well with the theme, but this one was the most faithful I found, and for now, I don't plan to change it .

- For the small character animations, initially, I didn't plan to add them, so I made the character renders from the waist up. However, I gradually did some more research and discovered some new functions, which I started adding. I definitely plan to draw the lower body completely, so there won't be any issue with them looking strange during these interactions.

- Regarding the dialogues, it's true that they don't seem to provide a good explanation of what you're about to choose or its relevance to the plot. I'll try to improve it in the next version.

- About the characters' anatomy... I suppose it looks a bit odd due to Yotsuba's position. I used some 3D models since, like you, I'm not an anatomy expert, and I'm still trying to improve day by day. I'll make some changes to this specific model, though for now, I don't see it as a very necessary change. As mentioned before, I think it's only the position that makes it look somewhat strange.

- About the orgasms... Indeed, I will add a warning screen next time. I guess it was a surprise to hear those sounds with the speaker on hahaha.

- About the animations... Of course, I plan to animate the scenes in the future, but for now, my knowledge of animation is nonexistent. I intend to gradually learn how to use Live2D specifically to add this type of content; I'm also a big fan of animated works.

Thank you for giving me your honest opinion about this project. I hope that when you come back, there will be much more content and quality to show you.
Here's a link to the official thread of the game:

https://f95zone.to/threads/gotoubun-honeymoon-v0-1-elworser7u7.170606/

Reactions: Dr. Ronald Leopold