VN Ren'Py [Dev thread] An Apartment in Paris (Un appartement à Paris)

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
banner_-_an_apartment_in_paris_by_french_kiss_01.jpg

French Kiss presents a visual novel type video game for adults that mixes adventure and seduction in a very French atmosphere, with the 'French touch'.
Louis is on a train taking him to Paris, where he is going to study at a prestigious private school. A journey that will lead him to meet many sexy people and discover many fantastic secrets of the "city of light".

French Kiss présente un jeu vidéo de type visual novel pour adulte qui mêle aventure et séduction dans une ambiance bien française, avec la 'french touch'.
Louis est dans un train qui l'emmène vers Paris, où il va faire ses études dans une prestigieuse école privée. Un voyage qui l'amènera à faire de nombreuses rencontres sexy et à découvrir de nombreux secrets fantastiques de la "ville lumière".

Release Date Projection: summer 2023
Languages
: English, French
Intended TAGs (on release): VN / Ren'Py / 3DCG /Mobile Game / Big ass / Big tits / Blowjob / Cheating / Dating sim / Female domination / Groping / Hand job / Interracial / Lingerie / Male domination / Male protagonist / Milf / Nudity / Oral-sex / Romance / School setting / Teasing / Tit job / Titfuck / Vaginal-sex / Visual novel / Voyeurism
Details of the tags listed .
Patreon:
SubscribeStar:
Discord:
French Kiss team: Corellien (team leader, scenario, 2D assets, Ren'Py code, english translation... learning how to make 3D renders).
Recruitment thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/team-fre...k-on-a-new-game-an-apartment-in-paris.117601/
Website (very small for now):
Some renders from the game development... by Douve, Batman.exe and Francois M.
Amandine_-_french_kiss.png Chan_2_-_french_kiss.png Emma_-_french_kiss.png Juliette_-_french_kiss.png Lise_-_french_kiss.png Mathilde_-_french_kiss.png Viviane_2_-_french_kiss.png

Witch one do you prefer? ;)
Logos and signature by Corellien and a signature picture:
French Team - An Apartment in Paris (logo b).png French_Kiss_-_icon.jpg
an_apartment_in_paris_sign1.gif

Last edited:

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Pour le moment, c'est encore la période des vacances d'été, on est un peu au ralenti avec plusieurs absents. Le développement se poursuit tranquillement, avec en particulier des recherches graphiques pour les décors et les personnages, l'écriture du scénario (j'ai passé les 120 pages, j'essaie de prendre de l'avance !) et un travail de mise en place de l'organisation de l'équipe : répartition des rôles, workflow, méthodes, communication interne… Tout cela prend du temps, mais c'est important pour avoir une structure solide.
For the moment, it's still the summer vacation period, we're a bit slow with several absentees. The development continues quietly, with in particular graphic research for the sets and the characters, the writing of the scenario (I spent the 120 pages, I try to get ahead!) and a work of implementation place of the organization of the team: distribution of roles, workflow, methods, internal communication… All this takes time, but it is important to have a solid structure.

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
The renders and characters are pretty solid, it looks like a pretty promising game. Another great thing for me is that the game has a school setting. The character I liked at first glance is Amandine Deneuf. She looks like a great milf. (If she's the MC's mom that's a big + for me. But I guess there is no incest.)

I think it will be your first game, good luck. I'm following for this game.

Reactions: Corellien

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
Paris is a beautiful city and the renders look great. I can't wait to see your first demo. Keep up the good work, hopefully we will hear more from you in the future.

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
The renders and characters are pretty solid, it looks like a pretty promising game. Another great thing for me is that the game has a school setting. The character I liked at first glance is Amandine Deneuf. She looks like a great milf. (If she's the MC's mom that's a big + for me. But I guess there is no incest.)

I think it will be your first game, good luck. I'm following for this game.
Thanks!
Amandine is the mom of the best male friend of the main character. So, no incest, but yeah, she's a promising MILF :)
Paris is a beautiful city and the renders look great. I can't wait to see your first demo. Keep up the good work, hopefully we will hear more from you in the future.
Thanks! It's hard to give a date for now. I hope we'll have some demo to share before the end of the year. Maybe way sooner, I don't know. There is a lot of work to create the basics: places, characters... After this first part, it'll be faster, with mainly renders and script. And because it's our first game, some things are much harder to do. First time can be painfull :)

Reactions: allura404

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
I write almost every day. I'm at over 320,000 characters (180 pages) now.
We are still looking for a 3D artist capable of maintaining a suitable pace over time to prepare the visual side of the game (our current artists are talented, but not sufficiently available at the moment).
The scenario is progressing well, so with a structured general framework and a lot of freedom given to the player, that's what I'm trying to do anyway.
We are currently slowed down by the fact that the 3D artists of the team have very little time to devote to the project. No notable concerns on the script, code or translation side at the moment. We also try a lot, in the back office, to work on the organization. I tested a lot of software interfaces. I was writing in Google Docs at first, but that medium doesn't help much in visualizing the branching of storytelling, and it starts to get quite complex at that point. As long as the story is generally linear, it's perfect, but I notice some omissions of branches, which are likely to multiply. So we looked at several software and currently, I'm leaning more towards an organization aiming to write directly in the script file, in Ren'Py or as close as possible to the code. The team's coder then does a proofreading to improve my text technically. And at the same time, I transfer my text to Yarn Spinner, or more specifically Yarn Story Editor, an interface that allows you to visualize the structure of the scenario in the form of interconnected nodes. This is very practical to ensure that there are no oversights in the choices given to the player. Coding in Yarn does not currently allow exporting a Ren'Py file (it's dedicated to Unity).
I should point out that the 180 pages of the scenario already includes some sex scenes (three in particular) and a lot of erotic moments (on this point, the work on the visuals will be essential), involving many female characters (about ten) with or without the player character.
For the hero, it represents two days of adventure.
For the player, it's difficult to assess at the moment. If we read all the texts, it should still take quite a bit of time (a good hour, I would say).

=================

J'écris quasiment tous les jours. J'en suis à plus de 320 000 signes (180 pages) maintenant.
Nous sommes encore à la recherche d'un artiste 3D capable de tenir une cadence convenable sur la durée pour préparer le côté visuel du jeu (nos artistes actuels sont talentueux, mais pas suffisamment disponibles pour le moment).
Le scénario avance bien, donc, avec une trame générale structurée et pas mal de liberté donnée au joueur, c'est en tout cas ce que je m'fforce de faire.
Nous sommes pour le moment ralentis par le fait que les artistes 3D de la team ont assez peu de temps à consacrer au projet. Pas de souci notable côté scénario, code ou traduction actuellement. On essaie aussi pas mal, en arrière-boutique, de travailler à l'organisation. J'ai testé pas mal d'interfaces logicielles. J'écrivais au début dans Google Docs, mais ce support n'aide pas trop à visualiser les embranchements de la narration, et ça commence à devenir assez complexe à ce niveau. Tant que l'histoire est globalement linéaire, c'est parfait, mais je constate quelques oublis de branches, qui risquent de se multiplier. Du coup on a regardé vers plusieurs logiciels et actuellement, je penche plutôt vers une organisation visant à rédiger directement dans le fichier du script, en Ren'Py ou au plus près possible du code. Le codeur de la team fait ensuite une relecture pour améliorer mon texte techniquement. Et en parallèle, je reporte mon texte dans Yarn Spinner, ou plus particulièrement Yarn Story Editor, une interface qui permet de visualiser la structure du scénario sous la forme de nodes interconnectés. C'est très pratique pour s'assurer qu'il n'y a pas d'oublis dans les choix donnés au joueur. Coder dans Yarn ne permet pour le moment pas d'exporter un fichier Ren'Py (c'est dédié à Unity).
Je précise que les 180 pages de scénario comporte quand même déjà quelques scènes de sexe (trois en particulier) et pas mal de moments érotiques (sur ce point, le travail sur les visuels sera primordial), impliquant de nombreux personnages féminins (une dizaine) avec ou sans le personnage du joueur.
Pour le personnage, ça représente deux jours d'aventure.
Pour le joueur, c'est difficile à évaluer pour le moment. Si on lit tout les textes, ça devrait quand même prendre pas mal de temps (une bonne heure, je dirais).

Reactions: allura404

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Les rendus 3D de la première séquence de jeu sont bientôt terminés... Nous allons donc pouvoir disposer d'un petit prologue pour voir ce que donne le jeu "en vrai".
Pas mal de travail a été accompli par l'équipe pour préparer des décors les plus intéressants possibles. Nous voulons des environnements réalistes, originaux, pleins de vie... ça demande de la préparation, des tests, des réglages…
Côté scénario, j'ai pris de l'avance et j'approche des 250 pages de script, de quoi alimenter de nombreuses scènes et permettre des choix variés pour le joueur. Le début est assez linéaire, mais la structure s'élargit assez vite. Le joueur pourra choisir ses priorités : qui son personnage va-t-il tenter de séduire ? Que va-t-il faire de ses journées ? Il a des objectifs à remplir, mais tous ne sont pas obligatoires et ils peuvent être réalisés dans un ordre varié, amenant des différences.
Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas, ici ou sur notre Discord. Et si vous voulez être les premiers à nous soutenir, il y a le Patreon/SubscribeStar ;)
==================
The 3D renderings of the first game sequence are almost finished... We will therefore be able to have a little prologue to see what the game looks like "in real life". A lot of work has been done by the team to prepare the most interesting sets possible. We want realistic, original environments, full of life... it requires preparation, tests, adjustments... On the script side, I've taken the lead and I'm approaching 250 script pages, enough to fuel many scenes and allow varied choices for the player. The beginning is quite linear, but the structure widens quite quickly. The player can choose his priorities: who will his character try to seduce? What will he do with his days? It has objectives to complete, but not all of them are mandatory and they can be achieved in a varied order, leading to differences. If you have any questions, don't hesitate, here or on our Discord. And if you want to be the first to support us, there is the Patreon ;)

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Bonne année ! :ROFLMAO:
Pour information, je tiens un petit journal de bord de mon travail sur le développement du jeu, en particulier l'écriture du scénario. Ça se passe sur , vous pouvez nous y rejoindre .
======================
Happy new year! :ROFLMAO: For information, I keep a small diary of my work on the development of the game, in particular the writing of the scenario. It's happening on , you can join us .

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
Renders and characters look beautiful and very diverse. Hope we get to see some of that prologue soon!
Good luck and keep up the good work.

• Red Heart

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
I haven't updated in a while, but development continues. The team has seen people arrive, it has seen people leave... It's difficult to find stability. In the end, we are in reduced numbers, but it seems to be stalling a little, no doubt that those who remain have enough in common. The main illustrator, Batman.exe, is currently absent. I myself went through periods of unavailability. But the game project is still progressing, quietly. The 3D renderings of the small introductory sequence are almost all finished. For my part, I blacked out more than 350 pages of script, which corresponds to two and a half days thoroughly detailed for the character, with plenty of encounters and choices. I still have a lot to tell!

Je n'ai pas donné de nouvelles depuis un moment, mais le développement se poursuit.
L'équipe a vu arriver des gens, elle en a vu repartir... C'est compliquer de trouver de la stabilité. Au final, on est en nombre réduit, mais ça semble se caler un peu, sans doute que ceux qui restent se trouvent suffisamment en commun.
L'illustrateur principal, Batman.exe, est actuellement absent. Je suis moi-même passé par des périodes d'indisponibilité.
Mais le projet de jeu avance toujours, tranquillement.
Les rendus 3D de la petite séquence d'introduction sont quasiment tous terminés.
De mon côté j'ai noirci plus de 350 pages de script, ce qui correspond à deux jours et demi détaillés à fond pour le personnage, avec plein de rencontres et de choix. J'ai encore beaucoup de choses à raconter !

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Batman.exe continue de réaliser de supers rendus 3D pour le jeu. An Apartment in Paris progresse, la séquence d'introduction, dans le train vers Paris, est terminée.
Petit aperçu, avec la fille rencontrée dans le train.
An_Apartment_In_Paris_-_Emma_and_Louis_phones.png
On travaille actuellement sur la 'french touch', ces petits détails qui permettent de sentir qu'on est bien en France, à Paris, et pas dans une ville aléatoire type anglo-saxonne comme dans la plupart des visual novels. Stations de métro, enseignes, panneaux… le diable se cache dans les détails !

Batman.exe continues to make great 3D renders for the game. An Apartment in Paris is progressing, the intro sequence, on the train to Paris, is complete. Small preview, with the girl met on the train. We're currently working on the 'French touch', those little details that make you feel like you're in France, in Paris, and not in a random Anglo-Saxon city like in most visual novels. Metro stations, signs, billboards... the devil is in the details!

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Ça, c'est une très bonne question... Pour le moment, je n'ai pas encore écrit de scène de sexe impliquant plus d'un seul personnage (en plus du héros). En revanche, le héros peut poursuivre de front plusieurs love interest sans problème. Généralement, les personnes concernées ne sont pas au courant. Dans certains cas, apprendre que le héros a d'autres relations peut les gêner. Dans d'autres, non. Je pense que leur acceptation dépendra beaucoup du comportement du héros, et donc des choix du joueur. J'aimerais en tout cas permettre aux joueurs qui le souhaitent de développer plusieurs types de relations. Comme j'imagine que ça entraînera aussi des difficultés techniques, je préfère y aller en douceur au niveau de l'écriture.
====================
that's a very good question... For the moment, I haven't yet written a sex scene involving more than one character (with the MC). On the other hand, the hero can pursue several love interests simultaneously without any problem. Generally, the people concerned are not aware of it. In some cases, learning that the hero has other relationships can embarrass them. In others, no. I think their acceptance will depend a lot on the behavior of the hero, and therefore on the player's choices.
In any case, I would like to allow players who wish to do so to develop several types of relationships. As I imagine it will also lead to technical difficulties, I prefer to go easy on the writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleNanard

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
I continue to write the screenplay, usually on the train in the morning, a little or almost every day. I advance a little more slowly than at the beginning because I also spend time rereading the elements already written to improve them, optimize them, add technical information such as variables which will be used later... Batman.exe advances in parallel on the visuals, I simply provide him with some small graphic elements of personalized textures, for the famous 'french touch'.
Lately, I've been quite interested in the new possibilities offered by A.I. Batman.exe doesn't rely on that for 3D rendering, we want maximum control over the game's visuals. On the other hand, it seems interesting to me. help dress up the background textures. For example to have original images on posters in the street, that kind of thing. Since I work in InDesign on a daily basis, I can use AI-generated elements and integrate them into more complex mockups, which saves me time. And sometimes it helps to give ideas, including in the scenario. I tell myself that it can be interesting for repetitive scenes to have variations rewritten from a basic version. I tested with a short sequence: when the hero buys a metro ticket. This can happen a lot in the game. Rather than always having the same scene, I generated (and then reworked) ten variations of the scene text. It gives a bit of diversity. When the player chooses to buy a ticket, he comes across one of the ten variants (randomly), and therefore does not always have the same text in play, even if he repeats this action several times.
By the way, I wonder what impact the A.I. going to have on the production of games in the years to come.

Je continue l'écriture du scénario, généralement dans le train le matin, un peu chaque jour ou presque. J'avance un peu moins vite qu'au début parce que je passe aussi du temps à relire les éléments déjà écrits pour les améliorer, les optimiser, ajouter des informations techniques comme des variables qui serviront plus tard...
Batman.exe avance en parallèle sur les visuels, je lui fournis simplement quelques petits éléments graphiques de textures personnalisés, pour la fameuse "french touch".
Dernièrement, je m'intéresse pas mal aux possibilités nouvelles offertes par les I.A. Batman.exe ne s'appuie pas sur ça pour les rendus 3D, on veut un contrôle maximum sur les visuels du jeu. Par contre ça me semble intéressant pour m'aider à habiller les textures d'arrière-plan. Par exemple pour avoir des images originales sur des affiches dans la rue, ce genre de chose. Comme je travaille sur InDesign au quotidien, je peux utiliser des éléments générés par I.A. et les intégrer à des maquettes plus complexes, ça me fait gagner du temps. Et parfois ça permet de donner des idées, y compris dans le scénario. Je me dis que ça peut être intéressant pour des scènes répétitives d'avoir des variations réécrites à partir d'une version de base. J'ai testé avec une séquence courte : quand le héros achète un ticket de métro. Ça peut arriver souvent dans le jeu. Plutôt que d'avoir toujours la même scène, j'ai généré (puis retravaillé) dix variantes du texte de la scène. Ça donne un peu de diversité. Quand le joueur choisit d'aller acheter un ticket, il tombe sur une des dix variantes (aléatoirement), et n'a donc pas toujours le même texte en jeu, même s'il refait plusieurs fois cette action.
Au passage, je me demande quel impact l'I.A. va avoir sur la production des jeux dans les années à venir.

prvw_13333_small.jpg
Preview of a 3D render from the game, by Batman.exe. Louis - the MC - finally arrived at the train station.

Reactions: boobsrcool

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
The arrival of a new member in the team revitalizes us. And precisely the 3d renderings are being finalized for the introduction of the game. And they are being integrated into the code.

I'm still advancing on the script, I really like writing for this game, I hope you'll like it. It's a sexy story, but also, I hope, a gripping adventure with mysteries, clues scattered everywhere, endearing characters or ones that we will love to hate...

And I'm seeing my characters come to life thanks to the beautiful 3d renderings of the game!

Ah yes... Something new soon on our Patreon!
==========================

L'arrivée d'un nouveau membre dans l'équipe nous redynamise. Et justement les rendus 3d sont en cours de finalisation pour l'introduction du jeu. Et ils sont en train d'être intégrés dans le code.
J'avance toujours sur le scénario, j'aime beaucoup écrire pour ce jeu, j'espère qu'il vous plaira. C'est une aventure sexy, mais aussi, je l'espère, une aventure prenante avec des mystères, des indices disséminés un peu partout, des personnages attachants ou qu'on aimera détester...
Et je suis de voir mes personnages prendre vie grâce aux magnifiques rendus 3d du jeu !
Ah oui... Bientôt du nouveau sur notre Patreon !

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
The arrival of a new member in the team revitalizes us. And precisely the 3d renderings are being finalized for the introduction of the game. And they are being integrated into the code.

I'm still advancing on the script, I really like writing for this game, I hope you'll like it. It's a sexy story, but also, I hope, a gripping adventure with mysteries, clues scattered everywhere, endearing characters or ones that we will love to hate...

And I'm seeing my characters come to life thanks to the beautiful 3d renderings of the game!

Ah yes... Something new soon on our Patreon!
==========================

L'arrivée d'un nouveau membre dans l'équipe nous redynamise. Et justement les rendus 3d sont en cours de finalisation pour l'introduction du jeu. Et ils sont en train d'être intégrés dans le code.
J'avance toujours sur le scénario, j'aime beaucoup écrire pour ce jeu, j'espère qu'il vous plaira. C'est une aventure sexy, mais aussi, je l'espère, une aventure prenante avec des mystères, des indices disséminés un peu partout, des personnages attachants ou qu'on aimera détester...
Et je suis de voir mes personnages prendre vie grâce aux magnifiques rendus 3d du jeu !
Ah oui... Bientôt du nouveau sur notre Patreon !
Are the tags at the top of the post final or will there be more?