RPGM [Dev Journal] Crossroads

Case53

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
1647644279909.png
*Welcome to Albion ELYSIUM*
The story is completely reworked. I'm working on summarizing the basic intro.
************************************************************************************************************
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

************************************************************************************************************
Without giving too much away…, the underlying conflict starts ages ago when a mass exodus brings the races of humans and elves to the new world. A continent already populated by other races. The invaders carved out the land for themselves expelling the people already living there, this creates grudges that still exist when the story begins.

Our story begins in the half-elven capital of Freehaven (indicated by the heraldry of gold anchor on a blue field), from here the player can eventually make decisions that can change the fate of all races.

Admittedly this project is seriously ambitious but as a major fantasy nerd, I really wanted to make my own epic fantasy adventure with a large overarching plot and a huge and diverse world. It has so far progressed much slower than I had hoped, mostly because I keep reworking as my abilities improved, but I finally feel like I'm at a good spot to commit.

Any feedback or criticism will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. The screenshots in the thumbnails below are from way back when I started, refer to later posts for a more accurate indication of how the game currently looks.

Last edited:

Case53

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Thanks for the heads up. This was a working title and now that a bit further into writing I have a better idea of what to name the project.

Which brings me to UPDATE 02:
Project Title: Crossroads --> The Lie of the Land

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Is the protagonist male, female, futanari, multiple?

From the screens, the tile sets seem to have a kind of oil painting look to them or some type of filter on an image app. Unsure if this is the aesthetic you were going for.

Which RPG Maker engine is this? MV or MZ? (As a heads up, some people on this forum complain about engine choices. Don't worry about it.)

I know you wanted feedback, but you aren't going to get much until people can get their hands on the demo.

Case53

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Game Update:

Honestly, I completely forgot about this thread. Since then a demo has been released that I wasn't particularly happy about and many things have changed since then. Here's a bit of sneak behind the curtains. I plan on releasing the changed version sometime later this month.

lol.. looking back at the first posts here takes me back :D

here's how the artwork looks now.. the third change to it since I started haphazardly working on the game with this thread.
Crossroads-of-Destiny-Scene00.gif

aaand here's how the mapping is...again the third change. I really need to settle on it and go forward (which I hopefully have)
image_2022-03-14_044930.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: osanaiko

Case53

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
1647646574518.png
I’m seriously pleased with how the inn turned out.
Here’s a peek to celebrate, along with a character that doesn’t actually belong on this map. XD

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Game Update:

Honestly, I completely forgot about this thread. Since then a demo has been released that I wasn't particularly happy about and many things have changed since then. Here's a bit of sneak behind the curtains. I plan on releasing the changed version sometime later this month.

lol.. looking back at the first posts here takes me back :D

here's how the artwork looks now.. the third change to it since I started haphazardly working on the game with this thread.
View attachment 1702815

aaand here's how the mapping is...again the third change. I really need to settle on it and go forward (which I hopefully have)
View attachment 1702832
Untitled-2.png