Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I can confirm something's fishy, my Bitdefender Blocked 9 Applications plus the Exe

View attachment 3656533
those are just a couple of Exe blocked as soon as i started the Game
inside \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\bin as well.
Yes that are the problematic downloads.
I already removed the links in the OP and the leaked ones.
Fixed the version currently reuploading. Good think we have attentive users, you made me like quadruple check. :HideThePain:

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Yes that are the problematic downloads.
I already removed the links in the OP and the leaked ones.
Fixed the version currently reuploading. Good think we have attentive users, you made me like quadruple check. :HideThePain:
That wasn't my intention lol i thought just giving a fair Warning especially for that bin Folder inside Renpy, i had no authorization to delete that one so i had to use a Deleter.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
That wasn't my intention lol i thought just giving a fair Warning especially for that bin Folder inside Renpy, i had no authorization to delete that one so i had to use a Deleter.
Nono, its correct. The PC files are indeed infected. (its the same as the virus warning we have as banner, just different methods. Thats also the reason I didn't find it, cause I checked it pretty deeply and still missed it. Anti-Virs only detect it when downloading (like some users here) or you start the game. Though it seems malwarebytes also detects it before downloading already (if i didn't miss read S1nsational s posts). I missread it.

I removed the malicious files and reuploading now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porthas

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
Nono, its correct. The PC files are indeed infected. (its the same as the virus warning we have as banner, just different methods. Thats also the reason I didn't find it, cause I checked it pretty deeply and still missed it. Anti-Virs only detect it when downloading (like some users here) or you start the game. Though it seems malwarebytes also detects it before downloading already (if i didn't miss read S1nsational s posts).

If you don't mind me asking, how did all this happen? Did someone leak it with an infected file?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Oh, alright. For a second I thought that my ren'py was infected or something.
No. Your files are fine. I assume the user got it from a 3rd party site. (As it looks like he aint hacked). Welp Acc is banned anyways.

Not sure if you saw it but the same that happened here is what happened in the banner on top.

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Nono, its correct. The PC files are indeed infected. (its the same as the virus warning we have as banner, just different methods. Thats also the reason I didn't find it, cause I checked it pretty deeply and still missed it. Anti-Virs only detect it when downloading (like some users here) or you start the game. Though it seems malwarebytes also detects it before downloading already (if i didn't miss read S1nsational s posts).

And so i'm running a complete Scan now, just worried about the files inside the System folder that's been blocked.

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
No. Your files are fine. I assume the user got it from a 3rd party site. (As it looks like he aint hacked). Welp Acc is banned anyways.

Not sure if you saw it but the same that happened here is what happened in the banner on top.
Thank god. Are you talking about the other infected games? I saw that, but I closed the banner so it doesn't show it anymore.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
And so i'm running a complete Scan now, just worried about the files inside the System folder that's been blocked.
At least they were blocked. Not sure about if the virus is detectable when it run fully.
Thank god. Are you talking about the other infected games? I saw that, but I closed the banner so it doesn't show it anymore.
Yeah that banner. I closed it too :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: hotdogBD and Seacth

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Malwarebytes only detects it once you try to start the game

deadspin

Jun 1, 2017
My Malwarebytes did not ping on it but I was disconnected the net. I did notice it did not start after I opened the game. I was able to delete the game as well check for the empty bin folder. My Avast and Malwarebytes have ran and found nothing. What else should I do before connecting back to the net. Or am I just paranoid? I download the Megaupload compressed rework before the link changes.

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes