VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Depraved Awakening [v1.0] [PhillyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

bre3zerr

One of the better games out there atm.

Story, setting, charaters, scenes, pace, fetishes. Everything is carefully handle, and result in very high quality in both story, and sexual content.

Make yourself a favor, and give it a shot. I doubt you will regret it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostman95

This game is amazing great graphics compelling characters just awesome. There's 5 characters each with different personalities so it's like five games in one XD. I cannot express how much higher I think this game should be on the totem poll on this website.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kaizersoze27

This is one of those rare games that are intriguing, keeping you on the edge, with choices you make having consequences. The storyline has the old detective feel to it, backed up really well by top notch narrative. The sex scenes, designs, everything about this game is nothing less than the best
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.6...

This visual novel/game is detective mystery with lots of depravity and sex... With a hint of possible Family Sex occurring as well (between the main villain and villainess)...

The visuals of the characters, when static, are very well done, but during a few animations they take on a more plastic type skin, which I assume is the attempt to show them being sweaty... But it actually degrades the characters visual skin quality slightly, rather then looking actually wet... The shower scene with Judy's skin looked actually wet without degrading the skin quality... The backdrops, albeit most of them tended to be dark, looked unique and had good quality... Most scenes looked great with decent camera angles and felt very professional looking...

The script has pretty good as I rarely say any spelling/grammar errors... The plot revolves around a male protagonist former cop turned private detective... The plot mostly deals with investigating a murder made to look like a suicide, of a client the protagonist had... The story pretty much plays out with the protagonist trying to find out what happened and discovering along the way, about a depraved private sex club/sex slave auction for the rich... Along the way he runs into several different women, all of which he has an opportunity to have sex with depending on choices...

There are stats to worry about, that include a Score and Lust level for each female character, as well as a Depravity level for the protagonist... These all, along with choices you make, will determine the course and available scenes during play through...

Now, even though this visual novel/game looks to be put together fairly well, there are several things that annoyed me... First was the fact that this VN/game has player punishment dead ends... One of my pet peeves is dead ends, as I hate them a lot... There are not a lot of them, but there are several paths that will lead to dead ends... And I absolutely hate having to go back to a save, or start over, just to get back to a different choice or because the stats I received were not good enough... It creates so much frustration to have to feel that a walkthrough is required, unless I make a save file at every freaking choice I have to make, just to be safe... And without a walkthrough, you will not even know if the scores you have are good enough for certain scenes or in order to avoid those dead ends...

Originally, this review had a lot of negative things to say about the way the story seemed to be progressing with regards to the villains going after Judy and protagonist... But after a buddy of mine read my review and played the VN/game to the very end (which I did not do because it was getting me angry and tense), he recommended I play it again but to use the walkthrough this time, so I could see how things really played out...

So I played through it a second time, and I have to somewhat apologize for my prior concerns about the direction the story was going... I felt as though some really horrible things might be about to happen to Judy, and the protagonist could do nothing to stop it, at least based off the choices I was presented with... I hence learned that it isn't taking as awful a turn for the worse as I thought it might be... It is going more of a blackmail and/or setup route, which I don't have as much of a problem with... I thought surely something truly depraved and disgusting was going to happen to Judy, but it doesn't (for the moment) look as though that is really happening... It is more like a setup for something else, not so physically or mentally scaring for the protagonist and his step daughter...

Overall, it is well put together and has pretty decent visuals most of the time, but I did have some issues with the dead ends that almost force you to have to play with a walkthrough, unless you have a lot of time to waste going through the thing over and over... Will I retry this one again? Probably yes...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jack Dangers

Story: 5/5. Renders: 5/5. Characters: 5/5. It’s the best game of its sort I’ve ever played. Period. Seriously. If you haven’t played it yet — download immediately. You may thank me later. After you’re done cleaning up, of course.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

abekat

Great little game with sexy women that goes to the action immediately. A nice break from the slow starts of big brother, DMD, etc

It is also nice to play something that isn't about incest. The story is based around a murder-mystery and a secret sexclub, while you are also trying to fuck your secretary.

deserves way more attention than it's currently getting
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Derover

Unexpected gem. This is a VN like they VN's should be. It tells a story from the protagonists perspective, letting you as the player making decisions along the way. The story is set up as a modern noire story. The private eye, the dark, depressing setting and of course the femme fatale. The background music adds to the story, it isn't intrusive and though it repeats itself, never seems to bother. For those looking for a nice story driven VN without strange plot jumps or poorly written lines, please check this one out. I sure hope the creator can keep it up and doesn't branch out too much.

STORY: ****
    VISUALS: ****

Review on V0.5
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Reese286

This game is worth your time _ from the beginning it's a winner. It has a classic, old-school 'Sam Spade' feel and is very well done with excellent character development and a great story plus smoking hot renders and graphics. I don't see a downside anywhere and can't wait for the next update. #WIN

5 Stars. Joe Bob sez' Check It Out!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

RobNorthman

Having never seen this game before I downloaded it more or less expecting to find yet another poorly written, google translated story with comically inflated and overused bimbo's and not much else.

Instead I found a beautifully crafted piece of artistry with an intricate and well written story, characters that aren't carbon copies from other titles but have their own look and feel that fits in perfectly with the story. The lovingly crafted scenes and overlaying music create the proper atmosphere for a good detective noir story.

Philly has definitely earned my respect and patronage with this work, and I'm very much looking forward to future releases.

P.S. Please give Christine a proper firecrotch.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

This is fantastic in the sense of excellent visuals, good looking en different models, well written, there is an ACTUAL STORY here besides guy fucks lots of women. It is a noir detective story with plenty of sex in it. You are not just playing a pair of empty trousers, you play as a Private investigator who's client gets murdered.
    The audio is almost none-existing, but then, most lewd games have hardly any. It does have some very tasteful en appropriate music in it, something that most devs forget about. Looking forward to how this progresses. 3 updates later it is only getting better and more interesting, the girls, the sex and even the story
  11. 5.00 star(s)

vir_cotto

Game throws you "In medias res" from the start and with every minute, with every choice - not meaningless choices, mind you - you feel more and more like hard-boiled private eye.

Our hero is archetypical gumshoe with his share of troubles - mostly because of his ex-wife. As such, he's ideally paired with his stepdaughter (another damaged character because of things from the past) and prostitute with golden heart.

Fine noir feeling is enriched with an homage to classical hard-boiled heroes. We've got mystery, damsel in distress, good chicks, bad chicks...

And all that in just v0.4.1.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

FroKe88

I really like this game and can just recommend to everyone here to try it.

The pictures are good and from the beginning we have highly erotic content.
    The story seems to be very excited and mysterious, even a little bit dark, what I love.

About gameplay: There are different paths with different outcomes and a stats system with requirements.

In ver. 0.3 there are 3 girls with stats and I think some scenes (not always sex) with up to 5 girls, if I didn't misscount.