Ren'Py Deleted

Should I work on the remake??

• Yes! I am with you.

• Nope! Don't waste your time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RStar8

Nov 11, 2019
post your idea in the official game's thread and look for a user G8.... something. He and another guy are patrons of P&P and have their contact address.
I know about P&P's Patron but I don't if I am dumb or the contact info is hidden in Patron only posts but I cannot find them in Patron. If you can definitely share them here. Thanks

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I know about P&P's Patron but I don't if I am dumb or the contact info is hidden in Patron only posts but I cannot find them in Patron. If you can definitely share them here. Thanks
As far as I know P&P only communicate through Patreon. You would need to contact the one of theirs patron to pass on your question.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Lily of the Vally is indeed a great game. Butbconstant running around the map for almost liner storyline makes it terrible . I quit playing it because of that. But that's how RPG Maker MV is. I was planning to make an unofficial Ren'Py remake of the game. I am sure removing the tedious RPG Maker elements from it will make the game more interesting and enjoyable. But remaking a game is not an easy task . It takes time and labour.
But, if enough people show interest and support for the project I would love to work on it. I have a preview ready. Will upload it if I see enough people interested in it.
Gr8Dumper
Hey mate, any chance to pass RStar8 message to P&P and ask them if it would be ok to create an Ren'Py - Remake with links to their Patreon page etc..??

Reactions: RStar8

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
None. Couldn't reach any of the devs because of lack of contact information.
As long as you're not making money off the remake and give the orig author credit / links to their patreon there is nothing more wrong with doing an unofficial remake than dloading the orig on this website. Though I commend you for your effort to contact them and get permission.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Update: For those who wanted this remake, RStar8 said I could go ahead and do the remake since he is very new to both renpy and porting. (So am i technically :p) I started on it yesterday, though I am doing it different than my Elena's Life remake... since the orig did not have speech images or any individual talking images and stayed mostly to widescreen renders, and talking without anything but RPGM background. It did already have a lot of black screen talking as well, so when the orig talked while the rpgm screen was showing I went with black screen when short dialog and doing screen captures for long periods (I did use one for the city image for when she is transitioning between places.)... I can go back later and put background images in for these instances if it seems to pull people out of the moment seeing that RPGM background...

I have the first 4 days done but am going to wait to release the first version until I get much more done, and decide fully on the background issue.

Any thoughts upon this remake are welcome. How many days are there in the full? hmmm

OH I'm also ditching the whole mood thing so no limitations other than the choices made in that respect. no "I'm not in the mood to do that" crap :p the intelligence restrictions should play out fine with a structured pathing, as orig you could totally miss out on going to library if not paying attention...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Update: For those who wanted this remake, RStar8 said I could go ahead and do the remake since he is very new to both renpy and porting. (So am i technically :p) I started on it yesterday, though I am doing it different than my Elena's Life remake... since the orig did not have speech images or any individual talking images and stayed mostly to widescreen renders, and talking without anything but RPGM background. It did already have a lot of black screen talking as well, so when the orig talked while the rpgm screen was showing I went with black screen when short dialog and doing screen captures for long periods (I did use one for the city image for when she is transitioning between places.)... I can go back later and put background images in for these instances if it seems to pull people out of the moment seeing that RPGM background...

I have the first 4 days done but am going to wait to release the first version until I get much more done, and decide fully on the background issue.

Any thoughts upon this remake are welcome. How many days are there in the full? hmmm

OH I'm also ditching the whole mood thing so no limitations other than the choices made in that respect. no "I'm not in the mood to do that" crap :p the intelligence restrictions should play out fine with a structured pathing, as orig you could totally miss out on going to library if not paying attention...
It already sounds promising. I would have use a screenshot of the town as well as background image for dialogues during RPGM-walking.

Keep up the good work and please keep us updated with your progress. (y)

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Well I redid how the interface looks to better match the original concept of the dialogue/thought textbox and am half done with day 6 now... If anyone wants to take a peek at what I got done so far (note: this is not a real release so can't guarantee that saves will be compatible when I do make a real release, consider this an alpha or demo...) any feedback is welcome.

EthanHunt95

Oct 23, 2019
Well I redid how the interface looks to better match the original concept of the dialogue/thought textbox and am half done with day 6 now... If anyone wants to take a peek at what I got done so far (note: this is not a real release so can't guarantee that saves will be compatible when I do make a real release, consider this an alpha or demo...) any feedback is welcome.

Well done bro, really amazing work (y)(y)
Waiting for real release(y):love:
Lily so hotttttt :p:love::love:

Dars

Apr 14, 2018

I have a question/request, If it's not there already would it be possible to get an working auto-play option ? :rolleyes:

Dars

Apr 14, 2018
Working autoplay option? What do you mean by that?
In the quick bar is an option called autoplay, in the settings it's possible to adjust the speed. With autoplay enabled you only have to click at important decisions, so you don't have to click at every page...its like a small movie, sit back and enjoy the fun.
As far as I know that option is possible in a renpy game, for some reason some dev's disable it.
Much words but I hope you now know what I mean.

Have a nice weekend

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
In the quick bar is an option called autoplay, in the settings it's possible to adjust the speed. With autoplay enabled you only have to click at important decisions, so you don't have to click at every page...its like a small movie, sit back and enjoy the fun.
lol basically a fapping mode :LOL:

Reactions: Dars

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Didn't disable it... never use it myself so didn't think of testing it... (just tested and auto works fine in my remake stops at menus but otherwise advances just fine) I tend to give player more options when making code rather than take them away.

I finished day 11 (a very complex day possibly the most of all) and sent all of what i got done to my proofreader/tester....

EDIT: Dars have you played a renpy game that auto chooses the menu items as well as auto advancing text? I could make my own option for that i guess since I haven't seen anything about making the auto feature go past menus... that's prob going too far though lol

Last edited:

Dars

Apr 14, 2018
Didn't disable it... never use it myself so didn't think of testing it... (just tested and auto works fine in my remake stops at menus but otherwise advances just fine) I tend to give player more options when making code rather than take them away.

I finished day 11 (a very complex day possibly the most of all) and sent all of what i got done to my proofreader/tester....
I asked that question before I played the game it was kind of a request because I thought that it was still in development.
And now after playing some, the autoplay works, I love it. Thank You (y)

GTCK

Dec 2, 2017
When the first release officially comes out will you create a page so that we can see it in here ?